• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront: PC Performance Thread

Blitzhex

Does anybody else get sound stuttering/popping issues? Particularly with music.

AD 700s through a sound card. Tried it with speakers and various sound card settings: same issue.

It's a bit weird on my end. Like audio suttering and popping? Only certain things trigger it, like music, maybe some explosions.

Only game to do so.

Yeah, mine usually happens in music in menus and other odd stuff. It doesn't happen consistently enough to be annoying though.

The TAA in Frostbite needs more work. It has ghosting on speculars or alphas with speculars. Its actually quite visible how image gets progressively more better with accumulation of more frames, similar to something like real-time raytracing demos getting less grainy after short while.

Native 1080p
https://u.pomf.io/brgrdj.webm

150% res to 1080p
https://u.pomf.io/lytwds.webm

Very cool. I want to try something similar now with other games' TAA...

Impulsor

So I finally OCed my Asus reference 980 ti, +210mhz core clock and +300mhz memory clock, did not touch the voltage, stable as a rock, a quite noticeable improvement since now it NEVER drops below 67~ fps in endor. This is at 3440x1440' with everything on ultra and highest FXAA.

Other maps give me 70-90 fps (Sullust, Tatooine).

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
just tried playing a game there but i'm having problems. only a certain area around me is being rendered. everything else is just blacked out. as i move about different areas appear/disappear.

i'm on the AMD crimson drivers. anyone else having this problem?

EDIT* rolled back to 15.11.1 and it's still there. maybe an issue with the map itself (ice caves / blast mode)

Man, I hate how using the highest graphics actually gives you an disadvantage.
Turning most settings down makes enemies easier to see :/

What do?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Man, I hate how using the highest graphics actually gives you an disadvantage.
Turning most settings down makes enemies easier to see :/

What do?

What?

Have fun picking me off with 800x600 whilst I play at 4K.

Or are you talking about vegetation density. And if that's the case, why the hell would you play on low just to effectively cheat and see people that would otherwise be concealed?

I'm not talking about resolution.
But most of the other stuff adds visuals that are not necessary for gameplay and actually distracts from noticing the enemies.

AlanOC91

What kind of fps would I be looking at for 4k with an AMD FX8350@4.7ghz and a 980ti?

Really tempted to pick this up. It looks gorgeous!!!

For comparison sake, I get ~40fps in Witcher 3 and 60fps in both Fallout 4 and MGSV at 4k with almost everything maxed. No AA on turned on for any of them though.

Top Bottom