• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi survivor has a day 1 100gb patch (update: Misleading article. 100gb is just the total download size for PS5 disc copies)

kicker

Banned
This is completely unsustainable if true.

Can anyone confirm?

However, all those improvements come at the expense of your hard drive storage. For example, it was reported earlier this month that even physical copies of the game will require a massive download, certainly too much for a single disc to contain. The exact numbers for consoles were not mentioned at the time, but now we know.

In a post shared by Reddit user SuperSlimeyxx, the physical copy on PlayStation 5 requires a day-one 100GB patch. This will be in addition to the 62GB install

kicker

Banned
I put the rumour tag on this because the article says a 100gb patch download, but the reddit image just shows the amount of space taken up.

Is there a mixup somewhere or do we actually have to download a 100gb patch?

Skyfox

I thought these publishers were trying to encourage preorders?

I'll get and get it for a tenner.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I put the rumour tag on this because the article says a 100gb patch download, but the reddit image just shows the amount of space taken up.

Is there a mixup somewhere or do we actually have to download a 100gb patch?
Only part of the game is on disc. You have to download the rest.

Nankatsu

Seems like that's not the update patch we are expecting. Just the portion of the game that it's not on the disk and you are required to download.

It's still the the 1.000.002 version, which makes the game play like a turd.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i ordered the game, but ill jump in probably few weeks later.
Heard the performance is eh

kicker

Banned
Seems like that's not the update patch we are expecting. Just the portion of the game that it's not on the disk and you are required to download.

It's still the the 1.000.002 version, which makes the game play like a turd.
Only part of the game is on disc. You have to download the rest.
Yeah, I had a feeling the article was a little misinformed.

Top Bottom