• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Kinect - New gameplay footage

SuperÑ;35741416 said:
lol-o.gif

1BcdT.gif

Note use of "look's". Based on released media for both Crazy Action Theatre clearly looks better usage of Kinect. It is fully based on guestures that translate well. Star Wars has racing - something for which Kinect is clearly the worst input choice - swordplay - ditto - force guestures - it'll be okay for that - and dancing - yup it'll be good for that too.

I think my (and others from your post) position make sense based on the evidence.

I actually read it too fast and did not see "look," which gives your statement more credit since you're just basing it off looks. I am just tired of people acting like they've played a game that's not out, which you didn't, so, my bad.

Hex

Banned
I could not get past 20 seconds without wanting to projectile vomit.
Hell the game may be fun and if I were a kid I would be asking my folks for it , but as long as Microsoft insists on these stupid asinine scenes of fuckwits "playing the game" I will continue my vomitous reactions.

Can not wait to see what kind of jack assed shit they will have badly choreographed this E3.

Anth0ny

I could not get past 20 seconds without wanting to projectile vomit.
Hell the game may be fun and if I were a kid I would be asking my folks for it , but as long as Microsoft insists on these stupid asinine scenes of fuckwits "playing the game" I will continue my vomitous reactions.

Can not wait to see what kind of jack assed shit they will have badly choreographed this E3.

If they actually don't show 720....my god, Nintendo E3 2008 might have some competition.

Marco1

I don't know what to say.
Yes my son would love it but kinect frustrates him and yes I have it calibrated so much and so many times it recognises me from 10 miles away in the dark.

Scapegoat

Just saw this interview with lots of footage..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LVumZ2c_5VQ

that R2D2 X360 is actually pretty cool..
Did anyone else get the feeling they didn't want to show him playing the game with the game screen in view as you can see how bad the delay is? Felt like anytime it showed him and the screen at the same time he was moving very slowly/deliberately, and everytime he did an action it would always cut to a closeup of the screen only or him doing the action only.

Everything but the dancing sequence looks somewhat interesting but my god... I thought Stormtroopers dancing looked bad enough but Han... Lando...

I'm getting the artoo 360 for $250. I'm upgrading from a 20gb fat, jet engine 360.

Its worth it, right GAF?
If it looks awesome to you I say go for it! I personally don't get the appeal of these special edition consoles, I think the standard colours look the sleekest/best. I wouldn't want a R2D2 themed Bluray player or stereo and the same applies to my gaming console!

Manager

Graphically, it seems to have gotten a lift.

Just saw this interview with lots of footage..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LVumZ2c_5VQ

that R2D2 X360 is actually pretty cool..

Who the hell is playing? How can the on-screen character move around so much with the player practically standing still, being interviewed?

Star Wars Kinect trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiGfecaCyQs

Looking as dire as ever. Dancing Boba Fett? Sure. Grooving Palpatine with Guards as backing dancers. Why not?

Bring on the gifs!

omg lol... I don't have the correct software on this computer, someone can do more HQ:
star-wars-kinect-o.gif

What the hell is the stormtrooper in the background doing, lol.

The "Jedi" shit is getting really old. Can we move to EU, so we don't have this terrible perfect good vs. absolute evil shit? This is becoming more and more like Disney's 1990s.

Alx

The "Jedi" shit is getting really old. Can we move to EU, so we don't have this terrible perfect good vs. absolute evil shit? This is becoming more and more like Disney's 1990s.

Are you aware that almost nobody cares about the EU, or even knows it exists ? The commercial success of the franchise relies more on LEGO sets than books written for hardcore geeks. I'm sure that those fans would love adaptations of this universe, but it wouldn't make much sense commercially.
I don't even think the new trilogy managed to break the mainstream image of SW being about "Luke Skywalker Vs Darth Vader" (+ princess Leia in bikini).

Jomjom

Banned
This thing is going to sell a million copies at least. The new Star Wars fans (people that were born after the original trilogy) eat this kind of crap up. The numbers that Ep. 1 3D got in theaters just further reinforces my belief that this will sell incredibly well.

This is the actual game??

I don't own a Kinect and I'm not into Star Wars at all, so I haven't been paying any attention to this game, but what on Earth is that all about? lol.

The Kinect is a piece of barely functional shit aimed at the casual audience, the casual audience can't grasp much above mimicry therefore most Kinect games are dance games.

Adding a dance game into this is a sign that they couldn't deliver on the central premise of using a lightsaber with your actual motions.

This is the actual game??

I don't own a Kinect and I'm not into Star Wars at all, so I haven't been paying any attention to this game, but what on Earth is that all about? lol.

They decided to put effort into making it as offensively bad as possible to prove the point that it would sell well regardless.

Jomjom

Banned
The Kinect is a piece of barely functional shit aimed at the casual audience, the casual audience can't grasp much above mimicry therefore most Kinect games are dance games.

Adding a dance game into this is a sign that they couldn't deliver on the central premise of using a lightsaber with your actual motions.

Actually there is a lot of lightsaber gameplay in the game. The dancing was just added in to appeal to the gajillions of people who bought Dance Central and Just Dance, people who couldn't care less about Star Wars.

Actually there is a lot of lightsaber gameplay in the game. The dancing was just added in to appeal to the gajillions of people who bought Dance Central and Just Dance, people who couldn't care less about Star Wars.

I bet all the honest reviews will through the saber fights under a bus.

I'll agree the dance crap makes it an easier sell but if they had really nailed the core concept I don't think it would be in there at all.

Cystm

How are they getting paid actual real world money to make this crap?
omg lol... I don't have the correct software on this computer, someone can do more HQ:
star-wars-kinect-o.gif

What the hell is the stormtrooper in the background doing, lol.

3P0 and R2 just standing there watching the emperor... essentially static assets in a souless game.

This is all just an elaborate troll, right?

Top Bottom