• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Rootbeer

Banned
Which makes me sad since by the time I realized I was only missing one in the set, they were gone.

which card do you need?

sometimes they do time limited packs that have the EPVII cards in them again. You have to watch the app alerts closely and see when they announce it.

they could easily release a new base card series of 100 or so cards based on star wars rebels... why aren't they doing it? Get on the ball, topps!

curb

Banned
which card do you need?

sometimes they do time limited packs that have the EPVII cards in them again. You have to watch the app alerts closely and see when they announce it.

they could easily release a new base card series of 100 or so cards based on star wars rebels... why aren't they doing it? Get on the ball, topps!

It's the X-Wings. I keep an eye out but I only ever use the app at home on my iPad at night.

ghostmind

Finally T__T

At last the android app is revealing itself. At least it can have revenge on my wallet.

Also people selling the digital cards on ebay is so hilarious to me. I really like the cards but man the lengths some people will go to! The prices are out of control too

Sounds like it is available in the Google Play store now. If you get a chance, let me know how it is, and which cards are available.

Did some Kylo Ren vs Rey sketch action this afternoon.
bxeEcVB.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Installed android version!
LINK: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.topps.force

Okay... first I need to say this. I have two phones: Nexus 5 with Android 5.1 and an older iPhone 4S with iOS 8.3

So my experience with the iOS version is way way different from someone on say an iPhone 6 or 6+... but I am liking the Android version way more. The interface is a bit different but I think it suits Android a lot more.

if you have an android... get this!

now I am going to sign out of my account on my 4S and create a new secondary account on that device to help me collect more cards.

ghostmind: the transmissions on the android app currently are the exact same as on the iOS... so it does not appear that they are staring from ground zero on it... hmm, but I will keep my eyes open for any more differences

it carried over all of my coins from iOS as well as cards and friends, so none of that is an issue if you want to use the same account on multiple devices or OSes. the credit/coin prices are the same... and the android version also has the "earn free credits!" feature by watching videos and/or doing offers.

Android and iOS users: add my account, Zulith (note: no 'e' at the end)

Did some Kylo Ren vs Rey sketch action this afternoon.
Love your work :)

ghostmind

Installed android version!
LINK: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.topps.force

Okay... first I need to say this. I have two phones: Nexus 5 with Android 5.1 and an older iPhone 4S with iOS 8.3

So my experience with the iOS version is way way different from someone on say an iPhone 6 or 6+... but I am liking the Android version way more. The interface is a bit different but I think it suits Android a lot more.

if you have an android... get this!

now I am going to sign out of my account on my 4S and create a new secondary account on that device to help me collect more cards.

ghostmind: the transmissions on the android app currently are the exact same as on the iOS... so it does not appear that they are staring from ground zero on it... hmm, but I will keep my eyes open for any more differences

it carried over all of my coins from iOS as well as cards and friends, so none of that is an issue if you want to use the same account on multiple devices or OSes. the credit/coin prices are the same... and the android version also has the "earn free credits!" feature by watching videos and/or doing offers.

Android and iOS users: add my account, Zulith (note: no 'e' at the end)

Very interesting - so anyone starting on the Android version will be in the same situation as a brand new user on iOS.

I wonder if they are going to change the card counts/odds once the Android version takes off and the overall user count increases?

And Vintage Thursday lag is bad now... it could get much worse.

Rootbeer

Banned
bleh i can't seem to create a new account... i tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, and signing out and creating a new account... but no matter what I try it tells me that the device is being used by another account.

How rude!

Guess there goes that plan...

I should have just created the secondary account on my android, but now it's a linked device too... bummer

*edit* I e-mailed Topps support... maybe they can help me disconnect the account from my old phone

Rootbeer

Banned
Let's not forget Disney Infinity 3.0!

As for me, I'll be sticking mostly to SW Rebels, the Marvel comics, upcoming novels (particularly post-RotJ stories), SW LEGO, and action figures...predominantly Hasbro's 6" Black Series and Bandai's S.H.Figuarts stuff... oh and Battlefront.

Would love if we had more unannounced games coming out this year. 3DS Game please? Probably a longshot.

whew... that's still an awful lot.

cag8ba1.jpg

SsNxxEr.jpg

As for me, I'll be sticking mostly to SW Rebels, the Marvel comics, upcoming novels (particularly post-RotJ stories), SW LEGO, and action figures...predominantly Hasbro's 6" Black Series and Bandai's S.H.Figuarts stuff... oh and Battlefront.

Would love if we had more unannounced games coming out this year. 3DS Game please? Probably a longshot.

cag8ba1.jpg

SsNxxEr.jpg

I can't unsee Tobey Maguire in that wind swept hair Luke.

MattyG

Banned

I've been getting all the books and comics. I know I'll get all the games too (and Disney I finite figures!), but I think I'll stick with just that stuff in terms merch. Action figures and Lego would kill my wallet, especially with my collectors mentality.

Rootbeer

Banned
I can't unsee Tobey Maguire in that wind swept hair Luke.
For me, the 'closed mouth' face looks like Tobey, and the 'open mouth' face looks like that kid from Chronicle. But... if you squint it kinda does look like Mark :p

I've been getting all the books and comics. I know I'll get all the games too (and Disney I finite figures!), but I think I'll stick with just that stuff in terms merch. Action figures and Lego would kill my wallet, especially with my collectors mentality.

You ain't kidding... I am hoping I can resist Disney Infinity 3.0 SW figures... I already want to get into Lego Dimensions which is the same ordeal... collecting both on top of all the other stuff that interests me is going to overload me.

I'll probably get some of these Hot Wheels SW Ships, they are coming out later this year. They tend to be pretty cheap so they don't break the bank

hotwheels.jpg

mattel-hotwheelsships.jpg

For me, the 'closed mouth' face looks like Tobey, and the 'open mouth' face looks like that kid from Chronicle. But... if you squint it kinda does look like Mark :p

You ain't kidding... I am hoping I can resist Disney Infinity 3.0 SW figures... I already want to get into Lego Dimensions which is the same ordeal... collecting both on top of all the other stuff that interests me is going to overload me.

I'll probably get some of these Hot Wheels SW Ships, they are coming out later this year. They tend to be pretty cheap so they don't break the bank

hotwheels.jpg

mattel-hotwheelsships.jpg

I'm all over those hot wheels ships. My favorite toy line with Star Wars used to be galoob's action fleet.

When are these coming out? Summer?

Just came back from holiday and read Star Wars #5. Really loving this book. Wonder who the mysterious figure searching for Han was. I loved that last page as well.

Oh the Star Wars Topps app is on Android now? Better get trading.

ghostmind

Just came back from holiday and read Star Wars #5. Really loving this book. Wonder who the mysterious figure searching for Han was. I loved that last page as well.

Oh the Star Wars Topps app is on Android now? Better get trading.

If any Star Wars GAF'ers want to add me, I may be able to help them with completing their White/Blue/Red, and some Yellow card needs, as I have a lot of these. Just let me know who you are, for special GAF pricing.

GHOSTMIND in the app.

Rootbeer

Banned
Thanks for your continued help in the card trader app ghostmind. It's fun!

Now, as soon as I can get my other phone to let me start a SECOND card trader account I should be more useful in having rare cards for trade. At least that is the hope. :)

Right now I have a lot of white cards for trade, so anyone who adds me feel free to ask for any white cards, i'm still working on the other cards though I do have blues and reds here and there

I'm finally getting my nerd side out by drawing Force Awakens stuff. Been covered up with work for 10 days so I'm only now getting to draw stuff.

Good news on the Star Wars Hot Wheels

I'm not sure how long these have been listed... but looks like they are already available!!!

Death Star Playset
Millennium Falcon
Slave I
Snowspeeder
Y-Wing
The Ghost

I can't find the x-wing or some of the others... they may be in a later wave

Buying all 5 of those ships

Just got the Topps app. I have no idea what I'm doing, but my name is MATTYGAF
Some wannabe took MATTYG.

WOW, that's amazing. Everytime you post a new piece

Thanks man! I'll probably do Finn and Poe next

Zombine

Banned
Just finished Son of Dathomir and it was brilliant. Slightly bummed out that it's cannon though, because
Dooku kills Master Tiplee.

Definitely get this comic. It's wonderful.

Nudull

Banned
Oh hey, a Star Wars community. :D

I've been quickly sucked back into this fandom with all the Episode 7 hype. Started reading the Dark Horse comics, too (thank you, Marvel Unlimited).

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I'm with ya. 2007-2012 or so was definitely my all-time low for Star Wars hype. Hell, I'd wanted something post-VI since I saw it for the first time in '92, so even all the PT stuff that was coming out as I was growing up wasn't a total hook. I... may not have ever been as fully committed to my love for Star Wars as I am today, at 27 years old and counting.

I still haven't really branched out from the movies except with a few games, the new Star Wars comic, and the Thrawn trilogy (read them when I was like 10, I think) but I'm very excited about what's to come. I'm not much for collecting, nor for licensed novels, but I'm confident there's a rich tapestry of cinematic content awaiting me.

ghostmind

I don't understand this Topps app. Someone explain it to me. What do I do?

First off, accept my trade as I'm giving you a bunch of Fan's Choice cards from previous weeks. The deal automatically expires in about an hour and a half.

The app itself is the same as collecting "real" cards, there are "base" cards, which go from White, Blue, Red, Yellow and Gold in levels of rarity. Then there are inserts, some of which are released on a specific day of the week, and others which are more random. Most of these inserts are parts of sets, some of which provide an award from collecting a certain grouping of inserts.

To get these cards, you either spend credits or acquire via trading with others. Some users are great traders, some are clueless, and some are out to fleece you.

A really good resource is the SWCT Reddit page at http://www.reddit.com/r/starwarstrader/

I don't put any money into the app and can't really get into the collecting. I check it once a day and do some trades and that's about it. Wish they had the physical cards here in Australia.

Cheebo

Banned
Umm...did Carrie Fisher just claim she turned down Episode VIII?

Entertainment Weekly: I’m not sure how much you worked together, but did a bond form between you and Daisy on set?

Carrie Fisher: Yeah, I’ve been trying to help her. I’ve been warning her, that’s how I help people. [Laughs.] You know, ‘Get ready!’ Because there is an element of it which is frenzy. And I said to her, ‘Pay attention because you want to remember it.’

EW: You’re a novelist, a screenwriter, playwright. Did you ever try to change what [Leia] says or how she is portrayed?

CF: I do have a reaction to what they write for me, and that has to be a certain way or I’m uncomfortable. In one of the drafts, in one of the sequels, I said, I don’t think I’m right for the part.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/24/carrie-fisher-returning-star-wars-im-custodian-leia

Kind of sounds like the writers wanted to take Leia's character in one direction, and Fisher said that she wouldn't be right for the part if they continued in that direction. The question is talking about whether or not she influences how her character is perceived, so that kind of makes sense.

I could be reading it wrong though.

Boem

Carrie Fisher has been very open about not feeling very comfortable acting as Leia again in the new movie. She has always been very open about her drug abuse in the past and the fact that she's manic depressive (Stephen Fry once did a documentary about manic depression and visited Fisher at her home - it's really clear how much it's impacting her every day there). Months ago she was a guest at Craig Ferguson's late night show and said that she didn't really feel like she was right for the part anymore, and she repeated that sentiment a couple of times after that, including at her panel at the Star Wars celebration a couple of days ago.

She doesn't really have the same personality or acting skills (at least according to her) as she did all those years ago. I think she's hilarious, but if she doesn't like doing it I don't blame her for skipping the later movies.

Top Bottom