• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

ghostmind

For those of us on Star Wars Card Trader, they are planning on some special releases during Celebration for attendees, as well as those who cannot make it to the event.

Rootbeer

Banned
For those of us on Star Wars Card Trader, they are planning on some special releases during Celebration for attendees, as well as those who cannot make it to the event.

Cool... I'm hoping they will be releasing new sets soon. This super limited 2 or 3 cards per day that sell out rather fast stuff is not all that fun. plus the pull rates are abysmall at times and occasionally even broken with people spending 100k-200k points on 1000 point packs and getting NO draws of the limited cards. And, you can't possibly keep up without spending money or gaming the credits system, which is something I should try. Sign up for all the offers using a throwaway e-mail account :p

I've also had the app crash on me a few times causing me to loose thousands of credits during attempted purchases, probably around 20,000 total and counting.

It's a strange app... you can look at the front/back of ANY card just by browsing through the card database... but to GET the card is something they make pretty hard at times. The amount they are charging for the in-app credits is ridiculous when you consider the cards are essentially "free" to everyone to look at. If this were a digital CCG I would feel much better about buying the packs...

That's why i'm hoping the android version releases soon... so i can make a second account and game it by double teaming the odds. o_O

speaking of the android version... people who are android only had no chance to get a lot of those cards, will they re-release them for android or what? hmm

I don't really understand why they don't do some kind of web app as well. I expect that would pull even more people in. Panini do it with their World Cup stickers and other things.

mcrommert

Banned
Just ordered A New Dawn, Lords of the Sith... and all of the currently released Shakespeare Star Wars books.

Also, Tarkin continues to be great and I can't wait to get into Heir to the Jedi.
SHEEEEEEV

Heir to the Jedi is okay...necessarily a throw away plot

New Dawn seems to be much better so far (half way through)

Hell yeah, it's confirmed... Marvel Unlimited not only WILL have the new canon SW comic (after the standard 6 month MU buffer) but all the old school Star Wars comics are now up effective immediately!

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/over-500-star-wars-digital-comics-available-on-mar/1100-151976/

4508892-marvelunlimitedsale_starwars.jpg

Really need to read some of those new books. Are they all stand alone, or is there one I should read first?

If you mean the new Marvel comic, it's just a single series now on (I believe) its third issue. If you mean the novels, they're all stand alone, yep.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Would be kinda cool, if Making Star Wars would be an Lucasfilm intern, who correctly tells us about trailers, events, etc and in the end all the big spoilers are fake and just red herings. Had this though for a couple of time now...

WOW. So, they've added said Star Wars comics since this morning and it's not just the long running 1977 Marvel series... it's EVERYTHING. Even SW books that weren't originally Marvel. Dark Empire is even in there! All the Vader's Quest and Rogue Squadron stuff from the 90's. The Shadows of the Empire tie in. Everything.

MattyG

Banned
WOW. So, they've added said Star Wars comics since this morning and it's not just the long running 1977 Marvel series... it's EVERYTHING. Even SW books that weren't originally Marvel. Dark Empire is even in there! All the Vader's Quest and Rogue Squadron stuff from the 90's. The Shadows of the Empire tie in. Everything.
I didn't want a new subscription fee every month... but I may bite on this.

I was at the convention center earlier getting my badge so that I dont have to do it on the day of. There was already a crapload of people in line for the panel tomorrow morning. Crazy!

Just realized. Normally when I go to a con I get a program and a bag when I get my badge.

I went and picked up my badge early today and was only given the badges. Can I still get my program and bag tomorrow? I dont want to wait in the badge line a second time just to get them.

Wadi, we gotta do something about that Legends section, man. It's looking pretty bare-bones.

I've been a bit short on time at the moment and didn't want the OP to be too cluttered. Feel free to write a few bits up if you want and I'll put them in.

And that Battlefront poster....hyped.

Cheebo

Banned
Would be kinda cool, if Making Star Wars would be an Lucasfilm intern, who correctly tells us about trailers, events, etc and in the end all the big spoilers are fake and just red herings. Had this though for a couple of time now...

He's not and his spoilers all lined up with the teaser in terms of scenes. And if his trailer description is right it will confirm a ton of his spoiler reports as well. He is the real deal.

They just announced a Lando comic with Charles Soule and Alex Maleev

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/marvel-expands-its-star-wars-universe-with-lando

Marvel Comics expands its "Star Wars" comics line in July when Lando Calrissian takes the spotlight for a 5-issue series.

Written by Charles Soule and illustrated by Alex Maleev, the title, announced via StarWars.com, marks the fifth original "Star Wars" series released by Marvel since the franchise returned to the publisher.

Rootbeer

Banned
This saber will soon be everywhere and very iconic in all of Star Wars... so behold it now up close for the first time!

CCvFSDJVAAAqNEk.jpg

Kadin

Correct me if I'm wrong but the first official canon post-Jedi comic book or novel won't be until September when Aftermath releases, right? I really want to jump into the post-Jedi stuff but man that wait is gonna be so long...

Rootbeer

Banned
I wish it were me :p Celebration looks insane! Should be tons more prop pics soon I hope

Just got yoda and darth maul (celebration) cards... after spending 75,000 credits :p oh how easy it would be to drop $100 on credits... Topps you are bringing out the worst in me

Add me in Card Trader. Account is Zulith (no 'e')

ghostmind

I wish it were me :p Celebration looks insane! Should be tons more prop pics soon I hope

Just got yoda and darth maul (celebration) cards... after spending 75,000 credits :p oh how easy it would be to drop $100 on credits... Topps you are bringing out the worst in me

Add me in Card Trader. Account is Zulith (no 'e')

75,000? Man... I got ten of them for that amount.

My luck was not with me for the Vintage release this morning though. Ended up paying an arm-and-a-leg in trade value to get that one, though I did get a bunch of Bounty cards while trying to pack it, which eased the sting a bit.

Calcium

Banned
I love the look of that saber. Could that be pieced together from pieces of Darth Vader's saber? The black bit near the top looks like it could have been from the Vader hilt.

Woorloog

Banned
I love the look of that saber. Could that be pieced together from pieces of Darth Vader's saber? The black bit near the top looks like it could have been from the Vader hilt.

Unlikely, i think the saber went to the same bottomless pit the Emperor ended up. Of course, it is not the pit that's the issue, rather the fact the pit blew up with the Death Star II...

Rootbeer

Banned
more props, thanks!!!

are you guys watching the starwars.com livestream?

that yoda puppet replica they showed look VERY similar to the real one

the one from efxcollectibles

Rootbeer

Banned
story group is being interviewed on the star wars live stream

really interesting!

i hope their youtube page will have most of these clips after the convention is over

Damn it, I'm excited enough about Star Wars today, I'm going to read/watch everything that's part of the new canon. and in place of the movies, I'm going to read the novelizations. I've seen the main films a million times, but I've never read a novel except the Zahn books way back when, and I've never seen more than a couple odd episodes of TCW and Rebels here and there. This is going to be fun. Maybe I'll finish it all by December, just in time!

Top Bottom