• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens: SALARY, how much they got paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDX

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...newcomers-daisy-ridley-and-john-a6780391.html

Harrison Ford: £16.7 million +0.5% of the films gross + an additional £1 million in compensation for his leg being broken on set
A Disney source told the Sunday paper: “Harrison is the key to making this movie work. He’s the link between the old generation and the new. Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were good to get, but the film could have lived without them. You couldn’t make it without Harrison Ford.”
JJ Abrams: was paid £3.3 million to direct + 2% of the film's gross

Carrie Fisher: £1 million
The actress has previously signed away her likeness to the character, meaning she will make no money on merchandise.
John Boyega: £300,000 + an unspecified cut of the box office
Daisy Ridley: £300,000 + an unspecified cut of the box office

DMczaf

Ford = RDJ

New cast will get a bump hopefully.

businessmen+laughing+(2)-resized-600.jpg

hamchan

Not surprised by Harrison Ford. He's the highest profile actor and is in most of the film.

Carrie Fisher not making much but then her role was small.

Of course the newcomers are paid low but then this is the biggest acting opportunity they'll ever have and they'll now be remembered for decades as the lead actors, which is a bigger prize more than any monetary gain.

Gorillaz

I thought about the break down here and there over the months in terms of back end pay

Like, this new group....they have to be getting paid well from merchandise and box office sales. Even if it wasn't "enough" I can see them looking at it as more of a jumpstart in careers. Or then again, maybe not if were looking back at previous SW protags

jtb

Banned
Holy shit. I shouldn't be surprised and yet I am anyways. No wonder Harrison was willing to come back.

At least they only have to pay Harrison just this once
then Ridley and Boyega can get a bigger cut that they deserve on the next one.

Not happening. All these cast members get locked up into long-term deals for cheap.

Cartman86

Banned
It didn't need Ford, but whatever. That part worked for the most part. The real stars are the new people and they deserve anything they get. Hope those box office bonuses are big if they are going to get 300,000 per movie.

Dicer

Banned
A Disney source told the Sunday paper: “Harrison is the key to making this movie work. He’s the link between the old generation and the new. Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were good to get, but the film could have lived without them. You couldn’t make it without Harrison Ford.”

More important in the larger scope than Han, IMHO...and kind of shitty thing to say in general.

Syriel

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...newcomers-daisy-ridley-and-john-a6780391.html

Harrison Ford: £16.7 million +0.5% of the films gross + an additional £1 million in compensation for his leg being broken on set

JJ Abrams: was paid £3.3 million to direct

Carrie Fisher: £1 million

That magic word. Gross vs Net.

No one plays Solo for a fool. :)

Omni

Part of me thinks the new guys should have got a lot more. Plus Ford is a dick.

Buuuuut. It is a Star Wars film and that in itself is a huge opportunity for them.

Solo getting paaaiid.

does the main actors salary go up with the next one?
i always wonder why those no names get so much when there are millions who would do it for SAG minimum. PR?

Alienous

More important in the larger scope than Han, IMHO...and kind of shitty thing to say in general.

Given the shape they were in prior to filming I imagine that was more of a logistical thing, than anything malicious.

I haven't seen the film but I could see it being something like 'We knew we were going to have Harrison but the other two could have been written out if the need arose".

(note: no need for anyone who has seen it to clarify if the above speculation doesn't make sense in the film)

Slayven

Will Disney do some account no jutsu to show how they lost money on Star wars?

jett

D-Member
If this movie grosses 1.5 billion, Harrison Ford gets a cool 7.5million. 0.5 points isn't that much.

Boyega and Ridley got Marvel'd, but they're unknowns after all.

Will Disney do some account no jutsu to show how they lost money on Star wars?

Those shenanigans usually don't apply to the talent.

300k out of a multi billion dollar movie + a %? That better be a damn good % and include merchandising, home sales and digital.

Thanks to Hollywood accounting despite probably making north of 2 billion when all is saida nd done the movie will be a huge loss maker and they won't see a penny of their percentages, Harrison Ford on the other hand has been around the block enough and has better lawyers so will get his

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom