• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starbreeze's next-gen Darkness info!

Still to this very day play Enclave and love it. Can't wait! 8)

29838.jpg

Majescos has announced a deal to publish The Darkness, the latest game from Chronicles of Riddick creators Starbreeze. It's based around the comic book series and forthcoming film of the same name and is slated for release in 2006.

Advertisement
Players will take on the role of Jackie Estacado, a Mafia hitman who inherits a mystical suit of armour - named The Darkness - that gives him the power to command demons. Non-linear first- and third-person gameplay is promised, along with online multiplayer matches. Paul Jenkins, who has written a wide range of comic books including an instalment in The Darkness series, will write the story and script.

Majesco will be demonstrating The Darkness at this year's E3, where they're expected to confirm that the game is in development for Xbox 2, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Revolution.

SantaC

eXxy said:
i'd like to point out the press release only says "next generation consoles" and not ps3, xenon and revolution

Then it's probably NOT for revolution :(

Let's see if starbreeze can deliver again.

VALIS

a Mafia hitman who inherits a mystical suit of armour - named The Darkness - that gives him the power to command demons.

Example #1796 why it's better to just ignore the story in most video games.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Paul Jenkins is all right, I guess, but I wish they could have gotten Ennis. The first issues of the Darkness that he penned were great, it all went to shit when he left.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
jetjevons said:
Any particular reason for the negativity?
Well, like I stated, it had a good start, but went to shit quickly once the original writer left.

I think it could translate well, though. The comic had a good basic foundation, and the antagonists (Sonatine, Magdalena, Angelus, possibly Witchblade, if licensing allows) are solid.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Wouldnt be the first time Starbreeze made an awesome game from a crap franchise, so im not worried about the quality of the comics.

Cant wait to see what they've been able to do with next gen hardware at E3.

Top Bottom