• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: WCS Season 3, GSL Season 3, SSL Season 3 | Road to Blizzcon

FluxWaveZ

As a Protoss player why have you not been enjoying the game? Do you mean just from the campaign?

Pretty sure he's talking mainly about the competitive facet of SCII. Between MOBAs, Hearthstone and everything else ever since WoL, SCII has unfortunately taken a backseat on front-facing Esports.

yup.. story needs to be concluded in a bang.

Ah, or not. After everything, I can't really say I'm confident about SCII's conclusion.

Pretty sure he's talking mainly about the competitive facet of SCII. Between MOBAs, Hearthstone and everything else ever since WoL, SCII has unfortunately taken a backseat on front-facing Esports.

Ah, or not. After everything, I can't really say I'm confident about SCII's conclusion anymore.

no you are right. i should have been more clear.

so im excited for the campaign (because protoss) and i hope they wil gain back some esports mindshare

Woorloog

Banned
holy shit 30+ cinematics in the campaign

How many WoL and HotS had? Most of them were in-engine, either real time, or in HotS's case, pre-rendered using in-game assets.

Pointing this out so that people don't think it will have 30+ "Blizzard CGI" cinematics, no chance in hell for that.

I never even finished the HotS campaign, I just hate playing zerg.

Play on Easy and just solo every map with Kerrigan, should be possible.

I prefer SC2 as a 1v1 esport but I hope Redbull or others do more of what they did yesterday. The 4v4, actually 2v2 archon mode games last night were insane. There was so much action constantly going on. I'd like to see more of those on the side of things, though I hope 1v1 SC2 remains the focus.

edit: I'm fine with SC2 being not as big as MOBA, they don't need to be MOBA, they just need a good health scene.

JoeMartin

blizzard is really banking on legacy. they lost so much mindshare in esports. even in korea. legacy needs to step it up. as a protoss player its my most anticipated game ever

Blizzard is too busy printing money with Hearthstone and Warcraft. They know, like everyone else knows, that Starcraft will never approach anything near DotA/LoL numbers. Ever.

Syf

Banned
How many WoL and HotS had? Most of them were in-engine, either real time, or in HotS's case, pre-rendered using in-game assets.

Pointing this out so that people don't think it will have 30+ "Blizzard CGI" cinematics, no chance in hell for that.
no I know that but still that's a ton

After WoL and HotS, i wouldn't expect much.

Man, the story and the world are such disappointments after the original Starcraft and Brood War...

yeah but starcraft 1 after just the terran or zerg campaign would have been incomplete. also it was always the protoss that brought excitement to the overall story
Blizzard is too busy printing money with Hearthstone and Warcraft. They know, like everyone else knows, that Starcraft will never approach anything near DotA/LoL numbers. Ever.

starcraft 1 did in korea. plus dota\lol originated as a warcraft 3 mod

It doesn't need to be that big.

That's why so many MMOs failed. They all wanted to be WoW. They chased it and they lost.

FluxWaveZ

Maybe the trailer opens with Raynor getting shot in the head. That'd be great.

LET'S TALK SOME MORE.

Edit: Is it my race bias, or was this not quite as great as the two previous ones?

Lord Phol

Story will suck, campaign will be fun and the gameplay will be awesome. Looking forward to it! November 10 damn, both fallout and starcraft.

Syf

Banned
mmmm gonna say worst trailer of the three, nothing but a combat sequence. happy to have the release date though!

peakish

It was cool to see the probe warping something in in a cinematic, even if it was only for a combat sequence.

Reconquering Aiur sounds fun, too. Loved the HOTS campaign so I'm expecting good things from this, even though the story will be crap.

More than anything I really like the direction the beta is taking, with the macro and warp-in changes.

Moff

Zerg are awesome and this is blasphemous. Part of why I'm not as excited for LotV as the other expansions is because it's Protoss. Bleck.

the campaign is supposed to be huge, protoss will be the main part, sure, but I'd bet a lot you play terran and zerg as well

Schuhu

Neo Member
Ahh, PvP we meet again

ScribbleD

the campaign is supposed to be huge, protoss will be the main part, sure, but I'd bet a lot you play terran and zerg as well

What makes you think that? The only precedent for anything like that was the 3-4 mission mini-Protoss campaign in WoL, but that was the base game and this is just an expansion.

Woorloog

Banned
What makes you think that? The only precedent for anything like that was the 3-4 mission mini-Protoss campaign in WoL, but that was the base game and this is just an expansion.

HotS had one mission with the Terrans but it was a special mission.
I doubt we'll get to play with the other races.
Having a mission with dual-bases isn't impossible though, i think. Recall original Starcraft's final mission, where you have a Terran base in addition to a Protoss base?

Woorloog

Banned
I could see them trying to work it so you get all three races involved, probably to beat Amon.

Hypothetical: Final mission, play as all three main races, enemy is a Protoss-Zerg hybrid faction that would have been a fun addition to the multiplayer as a fourth race (think Naga in Warcraft 3 TFT).
The mission will get universal hate because controlling three races as at once is damn difficult, and because the dialogue is so cheesy people puke when they hear it..

Top Bottom