• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starting today you can import some of your Steam games into your GOG library

Acidote

Full list, the green checks are the games I already own. I had some games show as unavailable while owning them in Steam, but that was because I already owned them in GOG too.

56jSMwP.png

beeswax

This is a great move from GOG, just imported 6 games.

Linked mine but it says it can't find any games (but I definitely have some) - I'll check again later.

Mine did the same, just press the little refresh button inside the box displaying your two account avatars.

warheat

What if people buy game on Steam, linked it to GOG, and then refund the game on Steam?

If it works, people would be able to abuse it for free games.

Bl@de

I love GOG. Things like that make it the best plattform for consumers ... and they get rewarded with 1% of the sales for games available on multiple plattforms. People voting with their wallet.... *sigh*

Danlord

I know it's just started as a service so I'm fine with none of my Steam games supported, I don't have much on Steam either that is supported on GOG. The only game I really want DRM free version of is Don't Starve.

Coreda

What if people buy game on Steam, linked it to GOG, and then refund the game on Steam?

If it works, people would be able to abuse it.

From the FAQ on the gog.com/connect page they reserve the right to remove games in such cases. Though if you've downloaded them in the mean time there's likely nothing they can do since it's DRM free.

It's a goodwill gesture and service promotion more than anything.

Mivey

Not working for me either, it is not recognizing Braid or The Witness. Changed my Privacy options, might try a few hours later.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
just added a dozen games, sweet

if it doesn't detect them correctly, wait a bit and hit the refresh button on the page

JarrodL

Woah. This is awesome, and unexpected. Very cool of those developers/publishers who sign up their games for this.

Arkanius

What an excellent idea.
How is GoG Galaxy Service?

I'm a lover of Steam, but the idea of using GoG to get DRM free copies of my games sounds very very tempting.

Not working for me, have all games from their list but after steam login it can't find eligible games. Refresh button doesn't do anything, still same result.

If they could let me add .exe files as shortcuts and add a controller-friendly interface I'd switch to using Galaxy as my front end.

Got Braid added to my library. Very nice.

Moobabe

What an excellent idea.

I'm a lover of Steam, but the idea of using GoG to get DRM free copies of my games sounds very very tempting.

GoG Galaxy is barebones but pretty cool - you can rollback games if a patch messes it up for you, for example.

Linkark07

Banned
What an excellent idea.

So far, nothing out of this world. Let you keep track of playtime, achievements, friend list, automatic updates (can put this on manual) but it lacks many stuff like take screenshots, cloud saving. GOG is improving the client though, so we might get those features in the future.

Anyone having trouble getting it to work? I own some of these listed games like FTL and To The Moon on Steam, but after linking my accounts, it can't find any eligible games.

Unai

This is just amazing.

If it works, people would be able to abuse it for free games.

If someone whats to go through all that trouble, they would probably just download the torrent instead.

It's much easier to sell a spare game key than an account that has games with it that at any time could be closed off for whatever reason.

Not surprised that J.Blow offered his game for this service.
Create dumby GoG account, sync games. Sell account. New owner changes e.mail address. Sure it's a little work but not that hard for the kind of people who do shit like this.

Same here as some others - several games that I have in my Steam library are showing as unavailable (Shadowrun Returns for one example).

I'm sure they will get the kinks worked out.

This is very cool for them to offer this.

I was able to link my accounts but it's not importing any games, even though I own a handful of the games on the list. I guess I'll try again later today.

Top Bottom