• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starting today you can import some of your Steam games into your GOG library

Just from connecting all my steam games compatible with GOG I saved about $140

This is amazing

PQJ6mFx.jpg

kjacobson

Neo Member
Keep refreshing and nothing on my end showing up. I'll try back later, really excited that The Witness is part of this.

Keasar

Praise Gog in thy digital heaven!

More reasons to use GOG is always great. Hopefully they'll soon implement Cloud saves and GOG Galaxy into more multiplayer games where the service is dead.

teiresias

Only thing GOG Galaxy is missing to make me use it as much as Steam is a "Big Picture Mode" that I can use with the PC in my TV room. That nearly makes Steam the default on that computer for most things, so GOG stays mainly as a service on my Office PC for playing older adventure games and RPGs that really require kb/m controls. I do love the software otherwise and moves like this just make the service even better.

I'm glad at least GOG and Steam are helping with the whole "backing up" digital purchases a little better, gives a bit more piece of mind moving into the future with them.

Obviously. I own some of those select games on Steam but not on GOG.

Refresh in a quarter or something. They had technical difficulties at some point, even announced on Twitter. I initially got "no eligible games" message but after waiting a while it started to work.

Ironically all of the games I got now had already got DRM-free copies on Humble one way or another, but who knows what will follow.

What if people buy game on Steam, linked it to GOG, and then refund the game on Steam?

If it works, people would be able to abuse it for free games.

Why would anyone bother? If you want the game for free load up any torrent site and download it. They're DRM free. This would be infinitely more hassle for the same result.

This is pretty cool, though I have no real desire to do it. I'm happy with everything just being on Steam.

Isn't working for me quite yet, it's saying I dont have any eligible games at the moment but I own several in the list. Guess it'll take a bit for it to start working properly for everyone

KingBroly

Banned
Kinda wish I could go from GOG > Steam as well. The only reason, and I mean the ONLY reason I have GOG is because my GPU came with a free Witcher 3 code on GOG.

deleted

Doesn't seem to be working for me. Tried it a few times over the course of the last hour... Won't recognize the games I already own.

Would love to get some older gems that I got on steam for some reason over to gog - gog is mostly games from the 90s/early00s for me.

Nice, appreciate the extra soundtracks. Van Helsing Final Cut also gives you the three original games.

Would be nice to get Riddick on there seeing as tages still hsan't been removed from the steam version.

It says it's supposed to tell you when the offers for certain games expire, but I'm seeing no indicators.

I saw it next to games you can redeem. For instance, Van Helsing has 5 days left.

Kinda wish I could go from GOG > Steam as well. The only reason, and I mean the ONLY reason I have GOG is because my GPU came with a free Witcher 3 code on GOG.

GOG ain't GOG Galaxy. Unless you mean the account, in which case, duh, I imagine you didn't do a lot of online physical item shopping.

You should be able to download anything on GOG using the website. Some things don't work but Witcher 3 should.

Fishook

What a good idea, I don't use GOG as much as should. I am giving my pc away to my nephews in the next few months, and this is excellent way of loading up some games for them as most of might are tied to my steam account, It too precious to share unlike my Origin or Uplay accounts.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Nice! Even though I always go with the Steam version, having these games on GOG for free is a good thing, especially when they come with extra stuff that's not available on Valve's service. I hope more publishers get on board.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
What the fuck, only the Advanced Edition of FTL is available for transfer, but I have the original FTL on Steam so it won't transfer. That's stupid.

shockdude

Pretty cool. That being said it errored out on me, so I'll try again later.
What a good idea, I don't use GOG as much as should. I am giving my pc away to my nephews in the next few months, and this is excellent way of loading up some games for them as most of might are tied to my steam account, It too precious to share unlike my Origin or Uplay accounts.
While GOG Connect seems to be an elegant solution for sharing your games, couldn't you just family share your Steam library?

Fishook

While GOG Connect seems to be an elegant solution for sharing your games said:
I thought about family share, but I don't want them to mess up my account, or get them too reliant on me for games, 11 year old accounts with 350 plus games on it (very little indie or shovelware as I don't do humble bundle), I buy a least a couple of new releases per month. I just wish I could give some of my games away, as I don't tend to replay stuff, I would give 90% of my games away in a heart beat to my mum or friends kids.

Top Bottom