• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play announcement today or tomorrow as PS Italy tease 'get ready' (was a Twitch channel)

Saber

Gold Member
If true(guessing not, alot of fake rumors these days) I hope they put a good show.

Don't make people feel comfortable over nothing.

fallingdove

I expect all these (plus remaining H2 2021/Q1 2022 important exclusives with still no specific date) getting release dates:
God of War Ragnarok gameplay debut
Gran Turismo 7
Ghost of Tsushima standalone expansion + director's cut
TLOU2 Factions MP game announced
New CoD reveal
Death Stranding Director's Cut full reveal (trailer ends revealing the next one)
Blue Box + Abandoned = Blue Point acquired by Sony an working on MGS
Teaser about fighting game related announcements are coming at EVO finals (they would be Street Fighter 6 and Tekken 8 announcement, Sony buys Arc System Works, LoL fighting game PS console exclusive etc)
'Future of PlayStation' way of life / user experience video: people playing PSVR2, betting in-game items on eSports matches, not only renting but also buying games to stream on PS Now and playing them on phones or tablets, showing some other PS Plus or PS Now improvement, some highly requested PS5 console OS feature, etc.
Seems plausible. But we need Dragons Dogma 2 added to that list. 😉

Javthusiast

Banned
Excited Season 9 GIF by Friends

yurinka

Someone told me that Dragon's Dogma 2 is in Sony's next show.

Grain of salt and stuff tho.
It appeared as a 2022 game in Capcom's leaked roadmap document from last year, and it didn't appear on Capcom's E3 or Xbox E3 conferences. So pretty likely it's because they saved it for Sony maybe to compensate they delayed Pragmata to 2023.

P.D.: In addition to Pragmata Capcom also had last year another unannounced AAA new IP planned for 2022 (who knows if now also delayed to 2023 due to covid).

HTK

Banned
I hope to see something related to Guerilla Games 2nd studio multiplayer game that was rumored they were making.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I hope they announce something because even some people around me I think are just like a lot of people on the internet in the what have you done for me lately type of mentality. You have really been trucking along and have had a pretty strong start to this generation but at the same time their PR game hasn't been up to the same caliber as Microsoft even if Sony and their sales speak for themselves. I guess events like this help balance things out and calm people down to remind people that Sony is still damn good company at the market leader for a reason.

MastaKiiLA

I hope they announce something because even some people around me I think are just like a lot of people on the internet in the what have you done for me lately type of mentality. You have really been trucking along and have had a pretty strong start to this generation but at the same time their PR game hasn't been up to the same caliber as Microsoft even if Sony and their sales speak for themselves. I guess events like this help balance things out and calm people down to remind people that Sony is still damn good company at the market leader for a reason.
Sony had 2 SoPs before E3. It's not like they haven't shown anything. They had R&C gameplay demo, and then the HFW demo. I know some people have the memories of goldfish, but Sony doesn't have to appease them. As much as they forget that Sony has been active this year, they'll also forget whatever MS or Nintendo has shown in equal order.

The press events don't matter anyway. Most gamers don't follow them. All that matter is keeping the flow of games releases steady. That's what casuals and enthusiasts can both see and appreciate.

KAL2006

Banned
This week
Housemarque joins PlayStation family
Nixxes joins PlayStation family
Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut announced

Next week
Bluepoint joins PlayStation family - July 6th
Arc System Works joins PlayStation family - July 8th
State of Play announced - July 8th

2 weeks later
Arrowhead Games joins PlayStation famil - July 13th
State of Play - July 15th

Zeroing

Banned
This week
Housemarque joins PlayStation family
Nixxes joins PlayStation family
Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut announced

Next week
Bluepoint joins PlayStation family - July 6th
Arc System Works joins PlayStation family - July 8th
State of Play announced - July 8th

2 weeks later
Arrowhead Games joins PlayStation famil - July 13th
State of Play - July 15th
Not quite that ;) and the dates are wrong. MUAHAHAHAHhahahahahaha

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Good day to you. Please just let us know if Half Life 3 will be shown at the Sony event next week.
Thank you :)
Good day to you as well.

New ninja turtles game
New quake title
New gta title
Of course half life 3 reveal
😉

demonstr8

Ill take anything at this point. It has been the worse e3 ever.
I agree, every show was pretty shit. More than anything the Metroid Dread game reveal was really disappointing for me personally. I don't expect Sony's show to be that great either though but I would still like for them to have one.

So what are we expecting from this?
God of War Ragnarok Gameplay Reveal

Final Fantasy 16 More Info

Horizon Forbidden West Release Date or Release Window

Death Stranding Directors Cut Info/Date

We could potentially see Capcom here as well with either Street Fighter 6 or Resident Evil 4 Remake.

Last but not least

Bloodborne PS5 remaster as it has been hinted by a few French leakers over the last week or so (same people who leaked out Final Fantasy Origin before its E3 reveal at square enix)

Also, probably a new IP as well from someone. Maybe Bluepoints next project.

nbkicker

What well see :-

Gran turismo new trailer
Horizon forbidden west trailer and release window
God of war gameplay or trailer
Deathloop
Ghostwire tokyo
Kena
Little devil inside
Final fantasy
Resident evil village teaser dlc
New cod
Gta v gameplay showing improvements
Oh and gameplay shown from dlc for got

Last edited:

Msamy

My expectations:
God of war Ragnarok gameplay
Grand turismo 7 gameplay
Horizon forbidden west gameplay
Pragmata gameplay
New call of duty announcement+ gameplay
Ft xvi + forspoken gameplay videos
Ffvii remake part2 trailer
Some indies
Some other third party new titles may be ( bioshock 4 )
Full announcement for psvr 2
New titles for psvr2
Announcement for kojama silent hills and kojama present it (ended it was abondoned also will work in psvr 2
Ubisoft show avatar with amazing graphics gameplay direct from ps5
Legend of the dragon remake by bluepoint studio
Then naughty dog announce last of us multiplayer game
Then Jim Ryan end the show but one more thing
Trailer with amazing graphics ( SC FI Third person action adventure in space ) and in the end it's naughty dog new game

skit_data

The thirst is real… everyone starts to sound like the months leading up to the PS5 reveal.

”They are just biding their time to strike”
”They ain’t got shit to show”
”It’s gonna be huge”
”They are just drip feeding you cause they have nothing”
”They are too silent”
”Look at that wierd tweet the Denmark Playstation account made”

Top Bottom