• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play announcement today or tomorrow as PS Italy tease 'get ready' (was a Twitch channel)

FingerBang

Several insiders think it's going to happen around the 8th or 9th, there's some buzzing going around, but no one knows for sure

Kokoloko85

+

Stray
Call of Duty 2021
TLOU Remake
TLOU 2 Factions
Little Devil Inside (plz!)
Forsaken

All of those are games we’ve already seen. And remakes. Apart from Factions. Which is great I know but….
Give me some new PS5 megatons, some new exclusive IP. We havent had a decent show since the PS5 reveal

nbkicker

This thread is gonna be like the switch pro thread constantly waiting for a update to a announcment that insiders said it coming any second yet two months later and there will still be nothing, if the show was gonna be next week why announce the got directors cut yesturday for aug 20 that would have just been part of the show , i honestly think sony like the rest of the company’s at e3 have nothing to show i think its gonna be end of aug

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
All of those are games we’ve already seen. And remakes. Apart from Factions. Which is great I know but….
Give me some new PS5 megatons, some new exclusive IP. We havent had a decent show since the PS5 reveal
But we can't talk about games that we haven't seen or don't know about 😛 Of course there will be surprises, but we have no idea what those could be so we can't mention those.

That's what happens when a major publisher skips E3. Fans are left to parse tweet rumours and insider farts for the rest of the year, hoping for some light.
Sony should return to E3 next year and respect its customers more.

Sony doesn't need to be at E3 to make announcements.

So what about the rumors?

The truth will come sooner or later. Just like last year.

IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME. E3 is straight up trash without Sony. They always have some bombs to drop. Nintendo always does their own thing (still great), MS usually plays it safe, and Ubisoft is gonna Ubisoft.

I'm hoping we see God of War II, Bloodborne PS5, MGS Remake, FF XVI, FF VII Part II, Spiderman 2, and more surprises. I expect to have a Horizon II and Death Stranding DC date for sure.

Last edited:
All I need is a Silent Hill game from a Japanese developer. And don’t come with blooper team, I don’t trust foreign studios to understand what makes Japanese horror great.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Eh. I am beginning to lose hope. I know Kojima said we would hear more about DS Director's Edition in a few weeks but we are fast approaching a month and nothing. It seems like there will be no summer games show after all and Sony didnt just skip E3. They skipped the whole conference season.

I am gonna wait till the end of day, but tbh, not really sure whats going on over there.

yurinka

How many hours until the US office closes? Mr Deezy looking suspect at the moment
In aprox. an hour and half from now it's when every day they post their main daily PlayStation Blog post. Which means that they often announce stuff there. But the 'get ready' tease wasn't related to a Sony event, it was for something else. For an Italy football Euro Cup match, I think (PS is a sponsor of both Euro Cup and the Italy team).

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
200.gif

Give me a date Sony!

Hezekiah

Banned
Probably been mentioned, but I only just realised that "BLUE BOX Game Studios is an independent game studio based in The Netherlands." Anyone else think they might be next to be acquired by Sony?

MrSec84

Probably been mentioned, but I only just realised that "BLUE BOX Game Studios is an independent game studio based in The Netherlands." Anyone else think they might be next to be acquired by Sony?
They could be, but they don't have much of a history, I think it's more likely based on Sony's recent Nixxes purchase that Sony could acquire Nuare, they've been doing a load of Sony work and are one of the 6 or 7 satellite studios that are supposedly working on the Blue Box game.

Nuare would be a fantastic get for Sony IMO.

reksveks

In aprox. an hour and half from now it's when every day they post their main daily PlayStation Blog post. Which means that they often announce stuff there. But the 'get ready' tease wasn't related to a Sony event, it was for something else. For an Italy football Euro Cup match, I think (PS is a sponsor of both Euro Cup and the Italy team).
The Mr Deezy tweet was before the Playstation Italy thing, but yeah, the Italian thing was for their twitch account it seems.

Hezekiah

Banned
They could be, but they don't have much of a history, I think it's more likely based on Sony's recent Nixxes purchase that Sony could acquire Nuare, they've been doing a load of Sony work and are one of the 6 or 7 satellite studios that are supposedly working on the Blue Box game.

Nuare would be a fantastic get for Sony IMO.
Never heard of them but will check up on what they've done. Maybe a lot will depend on how Abandoned turns out.

SilentUser

There was a Resistance remake at some point in development, but I believe it was scrapped due to needing resources on more important projects sadly.
Ohhh never heard of it. I would prefer a brand new Resistance, but a good remake would also be welcomed. Thank your for sharing the info :)

AmuroChan

It's not happening people. It's the Friday of a holiday weekend in the US. Sony is not announcing anything today.

nbkicker

Announcement on Monday and event on Thursday is still a very, very real possibility.
As someone pointed out for over a year now sony has put a announcment for there event out on the tue and then the show has been two days later on the thu, i cannot see sony changing this formula, if there is a event on thu 8th july then announcment will come on tue the 6th, if there is no announcment by tue night u might as well accept it that its going to be end of aug for sonys show

Top Bottom