• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stealth Inc: A clone in the dark (PSV/PS3) |OT|

ReaperXL7

8678580719_4108a77e56_z.jpg

Platform:

PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita Release

Date:

July 23rd (US), July 24th (EU)

Genre:

Stealth Platformer

Price:

$9.99 / £7.99 / €7.99

Features:

80 levels with performance grading

Unlockable Gadgets

Trophies (No platinum)

Full featured level editor. (UGC sharing coming soon with free patch)

Leader boards

Cross-buy #YOPO

First two DLC packs exclusive to PSN release for now, first being Teleporter Chambers for 3.99 available today.

Screenshots:

Gameplay trailer:

http://youtu.be/8Pw4-ySy-AE

Previously known as Stealth Bastard Deluxe.

ReaperXL7

Game is awesome so far. Really enjoying it.

Agree completely, the level design is really pretty smart, the platforming is nice and tight, the music is great, and I like the art design. really tempted to pick up the DLC, but I want to see how Chaos rings turns out on Vita first.

No.

The music in that trailer alone is worth $10 tho

Ugh. I picked up Guacamelee and Hotline Miami without demos and loved both but this seems the sort of game I'd want to try before I buy. Especially as it's part of their PLAY promo I would have thought a demo would be an obvious inclusion.

DocSeuss

Sony was dumb and afraid of the name Bastard so they renamed the game. There was a whole deal with them wanting people to vote to change the name, if I remember right. It was hilarious and kinda sad, because Stealth Bastard is an awesome name.

It's still Stealth Bastard on the PC.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Oh, it's Stealth Bastard on PS3/V? I will look into this tomorrow.

Should have that edited in the title.

Dibbz

Very tempted to buy it just to support what Sony is trying to do with indies. Plus this is the perfect type of game for me on the Vita.

ReaperXL7

Sony was dumb and afraid of the name Bastard so they renamed the game. There was a whole deal with them wanting people to vote to change the name, if I remember right. It was hilarious and kinda sad, because Stealth Bastard is an awesome name.

It's still Stealth Bastard on the PC.

From what Curve has said it sounded more like it was their choice to change the name to Stealth Inc. Though when you think about it how many games on consoles feature "swear" words in the title?

Carl

Will definitely be grabbing this when EU PSN updates. Looks fantastic.

DLC is included with the game in EU btw (for the first week or two, anyway)

ReaperXL7

Welp, with Chaos Rings looking to have some troubles I think ill just snatch up the Teleporter DLC for this. Im pretty hooked atm even though im abit stuck on a level in sector 4.

krpiper

I forgot to preorder :( grabbed this and cloudberry

Looking forward to this on the go, can't wait until the level sharing patch goes live

jwk94

This game is confusing me. What's the objective? Am I supposed to be able to finish these levels without getting seen by the security cameras or am I just supposed to get through the exit as fast as possible?

nded

Ugh. I picked up Guacamelee and Hotline Miami without demos and loved both but this seems the sort of game I'd want to try before I buy. Especially as it's part of their PLAY promo I would have thought a demo would be an obvious inclusion.

You can still download the free version if you want an idea of what the game is like.

Edgeward

This game is confusing me. What's the objective? Am I supposed to be able to finish these levels without getting seen by the security cameras or am I just supposed to get through the exit as fast as possible?

There is a limit to how many times you can be spotted, sometimes 3 or sometimes 0. You have be under the limit of how many times to be spotted in the quickest time without dying for S rank

good thing about getting a game on release is the sweet feeling of being on the world leadeboards. I will enjoy it before I go tumbling down by the real good players. =(

ReaperXL7

Its a combination of things, To get S rank you need to be able to get to the end of each level while remaining as undetected as possible, no deaths, and as quickly as you can. Each sector will add a new mechanic, one will add in robots, the next will add turrets while keeping the robots, then motion detecting sensors, etc.

then as you beat each stage you can unlock gadets to play the level again in different ways, and it looks like each gadet is ranked seperately. Im not sure if it changes the level design for each gadet type, but I have just been going straight through so far. Curve does a great job, I cant wait for Lone Survivor.

VanWinkle

The end results of the level show you what you needed to accomplish. Usually it gives you a set amount of times you can get seen by the security cameras or die and a set amount of time you need to be done in to get an "S" rank. Of course, you CAN just go through the level and not worry about that stuff, but you are trying to get a good rank by doing those things.

For example, in this short level that I filmed, I needed to finish the level in under 1 minute 20 seconds, I couldn't die once, and I could only be spotted up to three times to get an S rank.

Level 1-5

I wish somebody could show me how to do level 1-8 and get an S rank. I did everything but still didn't get one. Apparently you can't use one of the other clones to get an S rank?

This game is great. Worth the wait (even though I didn't technically have to wait, and just waited for Vita anyway). Played for a couple hours and S ranked all the 1-X levels. I can tell my thumbs will be nutso by the time I'm done nailing the rest of the game and trying for decent times.

My earlier #1 spots didn't last long, so I'll enjoy it while they do. Probably already gone since I turned off :p

I'll be curious to try and make at least 1 level in the editor. Shadowrun also coming in a few days with it's editor too, so I might be torn.

Edgeward

How do you unlock the last level of section 1, the icon with the hourglass. I also noticed how some levels have that same icon as well. what do they mean?

jwk94

There is a limit to how many times you can be spotted, sometimes 3 or sometimes 0. You have be under the limit of how many times to be spotted in the quickest time without dying for S rank

good thing about getting a game on release is the sweet feeling of being on the world leadeboards. I will enjoy it before I go tumbling down by the real good players. =(

Its a combination of things, To get S rank you need to be able to get to the end of each level while remaining as undetected as possible, no deaths, and as quickly as you can. Each sector will add a new mechanic, one will add in robots, the next will add turrets while keeping the robots, then motion detecting sensors, etc.

then as you beat each stage you can unlock gadets to play the level again in different ways, and it looks like each gadet is ranked seperately. Im not sure if it changes the level design for each gadet type, but I have just been going straight through so far. Curve does a great job, I cant wait for Lone Survivor.

Alright, thanks guys. I'm guessing I can't ge an S rank with a gadget on? I tried in 1-5 with the cloak and I could only get A.

Edgeward

I think you need to be using the default gadget to get the S. Other ones are there for fun pls have their own separate leaderboards, I think

ReaperXL7

Alright, thanks guys. I'm guessing I can't ge an S rank with a gadget on? I tried in 1-5 with the cloak and I could only get A.

Im not sure, the gadets may change the requirements for the level. When you finish the level, look to where you see your star ratings, it will tell you what the requirements are for S rank.

Also for anyone interested in the DLC its basically 2D portal. Its pretty awesome, but very tricky even in the beginning.

ReaperXL7

Anyone know if there is a collectible in every level? So far I have only found a couple of them, but they were pretty much in plain site.

Top Bottom