• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the old school gaming, where there is no save points :)
It, to me, is not inherently laudable that a game is difficult. It's 2013, I have to do stuff, and Volgarr is not good enough to merit me replaying the first level over and over. It's a shame because I dig it, and of course plenty of GAFers are okay with the situation, but unfortunately I find arbitrary saving limitations to be gently irritating enough that I'm prepared to drop a game over them.

It's totally possible I missed something though; I did see the "go left to skip ahead" thing but it just brought me back to level one.

There are more Dino games that uses tranquilizer darts? o_O
The world is not the same anymore . . .

In my head the character threw darts, but I played that game so much time ago that I don't even remeber the details.

Along with this game I used to play that HL1 demo that was totally different from the game that was released.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wonder if Activision will ever start doing their own Mac/Linux ports. If SteamOS is popular enough, I could see it happening.

Even if they did I bet those greedy bastards wouldn't release SteamPlay versions of their games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

jshackles

GTA games say hi.

Civ 4 says hi.
There's basically a few holdouts from like, years ago, before steamplay existed.

True - even though there are separate builds and library entries for these, they are still SteamPlay and cannot be purchased separately.

Copons

GTA games say hi.

Civ 4 says hi.
There's basically a few holdouts from like, years ago, before steamplay existed.

Yup.
And, of course...

They don't make you pay twice, Blops does.

True - even though there are separate builds and library entries for these, they are still SteamPlay and cannot be purchased separately.

Yup.

GTAs and Civ4 are more an annoyance in the library than I clear "violation" of an "unwritten Steam-user agreement".
I don't know, I switch OSs twice a day, and what if I had bought the Mac version at work and then once back home, on Win, I discovered I couldn't play it?

Not cool at all. :/

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Copons said:
GTAs and Civ4 are more an annoyance in the library than I clear "violation" of an "unwritten Steam-user agreement".
I don't know, I switch OSs twice a day, and what if I had bought the Mac version at work and then once back home, on Win, I discovered I couldn't play it?

Not cool at all. :/
Steamplay icons exist for a reason.

Copons

Steamplay icons exist for a reason.

I know, but (I can't check right now as I entered the wrong birthdate and I don't care enought to relaunch the browser :D ) it seems that both entries have the same name.
Of course there are means to know that they're Win or Mac only, but still, when every single other multi-OS game on Steam is SteamPlay, I think someone may fall in this "trick" anyway.

jshackles

New bundlestars bundle:
Blaze of Glory bundle 2.18€, all steam keys
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas Gold
  • WWIII: Black Gold
  • KnightShift
  • East India Company
  • Panzer Claws 1&2

I already own 2/5 but I have a hard time turning down Steam games at less than $1 each. Bought.

RuinKaos

In my head the character threw darts, but I played that game so much time ago that I don't even remeber the details.

Along with this game I used to play that HL1 demo that was totally different from the game that was released.

Was the game Turok? I never played the game but I remember this being a FPS with dinosaurs in it.

Grief.exe

I agree but that's mainly because no other FPS has challenged it and as such the game stands as one of the greatest with little to no competition. Still in my view HL1<EP2<HL2<EP1.

That list should be reversed and then it would be true.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Big Bad Bundle from Bundle Dragon fixed their shit and is dispensing keys now.

Hack Slash Loot is a 8 meg download? wut....

jshackles

Just a heads up on the new Bundlestars....

I noticed the two games I already owned were the "Gold" editions that included all of the DLC. Imagine my surprise when I redeemed the codes:

wKOfYsB.png

u3ZoMXV.png

NGkJoDM.png

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
audiosurf 2 is up for buy

Cool, so it is, as an early access.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/235800/?snr=1_7_15__13

I love the original and still play it regularly, but the previews for the second one didn't convince me. It almost seemed like they needlessly complicated the gameplay. I'll wait for reviews to see how others like it, but I'll be curiously watching it and hoping it's at least as good as the original Audiosurf is.

Grief.exe

Episode One better than HL1?

No!!! ;)
That is currently how he has the list set up.

HL1<EP2<HL2<EP1

Episode 2 is greater than HL1
HL1 is less than EP2

At least, that is what the mathematical symbols imply. He is saying EP1 is the best of the series when it is, objectively, the worst.

Reversing it would just be

HL1>EP2>HL2>EP1 though I believe HL1 is interchangeable with EP2 or HL2.

Then again my brain has been fried by studying, so maybe I am missing something.

jshackles

Blacklist on console is $40 but Steam is still $60, what the crap is this crap.

It was $44.99 on a daily deal last Friday. Also RIP Tom Clancy.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Blacklist on console is $40 but Steam is still $60, what the crap is this crap.

It's been out only for a month. PC/digital doesn't downgrade as fast as retail. Downside of digital, I'm afraid.

Speaking of degrading prices: When is the Fall Steam sale supposed to happen? I'm sitting here wanting to play DMC4 so badly but know as soon as I buy it for $20 it'll be $5-10 again and I want to get it for that price. D:

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
No!!! ;)
That is currently how he has the list set up.

HL1<EP2<HL2<EP1

Episode 2 is greater than HL1
HL1 is less than EP2

At least, that is what the mathematical symbols imply. He is saying EP1 is the best of the series when it is, objectively, the worst.

Reversing it would just be

HL1>EP2>HL2>EP1 though I believe HL1 is interchangeable with EP2 or HL2.

Then again my brain has been fried by studying, so maybe I am missing something.

Regardless of his mathematical symbol usage, his order of best to worst was pretty obvious. No one is gonna put Episode 1 on top of the pile.

jshackles

I'm sure it will be discounted the same if not more in the next sale

I'm surprised Ubisoft isn't doing a Tom Clancy themed sale to cash in as much as possible on the news of his death this morning.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Hack Slash Loot is a 8 meg download? wut....
Asset-wise, there's really not much to it. The sprites are about 8x8, the sounds are NES-esque. Don't remember much about the music.

...Haven't played enough of it to know if I agree with nexen that it's "terrible", but yeah I'd probably ignore it for $1 unless other games were bundled with it.

Daily: Bit Trip Runner 2 66% off
REALLY TEMPTED

It was posted in the monthly indie and may interest
someone here:

Hey guys! Have you seen the NotOnSteam Sale already?

Check it out on: http://notonsteam.com , lot's of great games in there, including our Lemmings meet Tetris puzzle game: MouseCraft available at Pay-What-You-Want.

We also created a Steam Greenlight Collection, so you can easily upvote your favourite games from the sale: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=182868527

Fast Facts:
  1. The sale includes over 35 games
  2. Every game at-least 25% off (many are 50% off)
  3. None of these games are currently available on Steam, but you'll get Steam keys if you'll buy them, after the games are Greenlit.
  4. All games are displayed in random order on sale page
  5. The sale starts at 9:00am PST on 10-2-13
  6. The sale will last for one week (10-2-13 through 10-8-13)
  7. The sale is hosted by Flippfly (creators of Race the Sun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom