• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagoon

I am so tempted to buy Bit Runner 2 with my steam wallet monies, but I just know it'll be in a Humble Bundle sooner or later...

Wuh oh, my Steam just messed up something bad. Lost connection, client froze, crashed, restarted, and now I still have no connection. Maintenance or did something just break?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Um holy shit, I liked that Club level in DMC about 10 times more than any level in DMC4.

And yet Donte Must Cry's combat is a total snooze-fest. So your argument is invalid. Uncle Dante styles over DINO's prissy self.

Madrugador said:
Steam dead for anyone else?

It means DMC4 is going on sale again! :D!
D:!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
For the people who like my game recommendations (and want to check something outside if Steam since Steam is down anyway!):

Full Bore (Currently 60% off on their Website or Desura for about $5):
http://www.desura.com/games/full-bore
sPptgHK.png
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689201

On track to enter my Indie GOTY list considerations. If you liked 1000 Amps on Steam, check this game out, it has the same "exploration via puzzles" base idea with lots of charme, polish, quirkiness, secrets and adorable animations.

Quote from the description:
Deep underground lies a reminder of Boarkind’s darkest hours. All it takes is one little boar to dig it back up. A block puzzler with an exploratory twist, Full Bore throws the player into an open world filled with crumbling mines, arcane ruins, and technological wonders with only curiosity to lead the way. This world is packed to the brim with secrets and hidden rooms, because when everything is made of blocks, puzzles could be anywhere.

Full Bore rewards curiosity and thought. The player is free to explore a large open world, where they can find secret treasures and uncover mysteries by solving puzzles built into the environment. The game world is made of many different block types, and each type has its own unique behavior. Some blocks are simple and can be pushed or dug out, while others are complex machines that move on their own. Interaction between different blocks creates new and different barriers and bridges for the player, with each new block building on the challenges of the previous blocks. As the player explores, they encounter and master new blocks, which in turn allows the player to open new paths. This means that the ability to explore is based primarily on what the player has learned about the world, and not a sequence of arbitrary goals.

The game is really, really, really good and I'd appreciate if someone here had enough interest to check it out and maybe write up their impressions over in the OT. It deserves it. Buying the game should give you a Steam key once its on Steam. Full disclosure, currently the first chapter is playable, and the second chapter is added end of the year.

The game is really, really, really good and I'd appreciate if someone here had enough interest to check it out and maybe write up their impressions over in the OT. It deserves it. Buying the game should give you a Steam key once its on Steam.

Money is a little tight so I can't pick it up today. But I appreciate the recommendation and have voted on greenlight. I'm sure I'll get it soon.

Kifimbo

We've updated the Badge Showcase on the profile. When you select the Badge Showcase, you can now choose from one of four styles:
Rarest Badges - The least common badges you have are shown. This is the default.
Most Recent - The badges you've most recently unlocked are shown.
Selected Badges - You can select which 6 badges to showcase
Random - The showcase will show 6 badges at random, so it will be different every time someone views your profile.

As always, let us know what other customizations you'd like in the comments or in the discussions.

jediyoshi

Badge sorting update

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards#announcements/detail/1801729456963439869

Hello everyone,

We've updated the Badge Showcase on the profile. When you select the Badge Showcase, you can now choose from one of four styles:
Rarest Badges - The least common badges you have are shown. This is the default.
Most Recent - The badges you've most recently unlocked are shown.
Selected Badges - You can select which 6 badges to showcase
Random - The showcase will show 6 badges at random, so it will be different every time someone views your profile.

If only I had a third showcase..

derExperte

The demo of Flashback is now available (button did nothing at first).

edit: Why do I have to 'activate' a demo in Uplay? Has Ubisoft gone insane?

For the people who like my game recommendations (and want to check something outside if Steam since Steam is down anyway!):

Full Bore (Currently 60% off on their Website or Desura for about $5):
http://www.desura.com/games/full-bore

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689201

On track to enter my Indie GOTY list considerations. If you liked 1000 Amps on Steam, check this game out, it has the same "exploration via puzzles" base idea with lots of charme, polish, quirkiness, secrets and adorable animations.

Quote from the description:

The game is really, really, really good and I'd appreciate if someone here had enough interest to check it out and maybe write up their impressions over in the OT. It deserves it. Buying the game should give you a Steam key once its on Steam. Full disclosure, currently the first chapter is playable, and the second chapter is added end of the year.
Is the game on greenlight? I only ask because I forget I have games if they aren't on steam. That has happened about 50 times

It's so dumb how they have it set up. You have to give your log in info to someone else. This sounded amazing on paper.

Yeah. Its really stupid. I guess thats why its called just "Family Sharing" right now, while at the beginning it said something with Family and friends...

I guess they really mean "RL"-friends like I would go to a buddy, log into my account on Steam, without him seeing my password and such, and the authorize the PC.

jediyoshi

I guess they really mean "RL"-friends like I would go to a buddy, log into my account on Steam, without him seeing my password and such, and the authorize the PC.

Ideally it's meant to bring up functionality of a steam machine to console parity if it were set up somewhere like a living room. Trying to sell someone a box where everything essentially hinged on a single account, profile and license wise, would be a tough sell.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Has anyone tried out the Aggressive mod for Dark Souls?

The idea of wandering enemies is just about enough to make me buy the game for PC rather than revisit my PS3 copy, but I would like to hear some impressions to see if it is actually worthwhile or not.

daevv

I know this may not be the place but is there any Canadians or Newfoundlanders out there that want to add me on Steam? I have 9 but need 10 friends to get the Steam Hardware Enthusiast/Steam Hardware Beta Candidate badge. Thanks!

Steam ID: daevv

chronomac

I was looking at the Steam Family Sharing page and I saw this:

Then, Family Sharing is enabled in one of two ways: You can either locally authorize a device to share via the Account tab in Settings, or respond via email to a user’s Steam request to share your previously installed games.

I didn't know that was an option. I thought you had to hand over your login details. Does anyone see the option to email? It may be limited in the beta.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I was looking at the Steam Family Sharing page and I saw this:

Then, Family Sharing is enabled in one of two ways: You can either locally authorize a device to share via the Account tab in Settings, or respond via email to a user’s Steam request to share your previously installed games.

I didn't know that was an option. I thought you had to hand over your login details. Does anyone see the option to email? It may be limited in the beta.

That was listed in the guide too but then they edited it out. I think someone posted an old revision or something. It has to be done on the computer itself

Nabs

You need to give up your login details. That's why it's not ideal to give up your stuff to random people online.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I know this may not be the place but is there any Canadians or Newfoundlanders out there that want to add me on Steam? I have 9 but need 10 friends to get the Steam Hardware Enthusiast/Steam Hardware Beta Candidate badge. Thanks!

Steam ID: daevv

I'm a mainlander these days but you better believe I'm a Newfoundlander at heart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom