• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Does anybody know if you can still create an account on Origin and get a discount code and use that code in another account?

I'm thinking about creating a new account with a birthday in like, december, so I can buy the Premium BF4 Package with the birthday discount code in December. That way it won't be a pre-order and, hopefully, the code can be applied.

I just don't remember if they made the birthday codes account-specific or not, and if they still had them.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Every strategy feel 2x the tactical at 60 fps.

It's not the FPS for me. It's the fact that my rental sub is ending and I haven't touched my PS3 in like a month outside of playing DOA5U occasionally and the BF4 beta (since I had premium there and wanted to try it) simply because I built a PC and am going that way this generation so I have no need to continue to "rent" stuff off Sony.

Guess 2K heard my silent plea to own it on PC and obliged.

Based 2K/Gaben.

mrgone

You know, It's expected and everything, but I hate when a DLC changes the single player campaign of a game, as opposed to creating a new campaign.

If I were in the middle of XCom, and the new DLC came out, i'd be better just restarting. Or, otherwise, if I never played the game (which I didn't), I might as well just wait for it, since it'll be a better version of that game.

And, in my case, waiting for it means waiting until there's a sale of it.

I don't know, maybe just create a new campaign and only bring the new stuff in that one.

I'm doing the same. Really loved the base game, but there's just too much else to buy at the moment to spend $27 on an expansion. I don't really mind the additive model that Firaxis uses for their expansions, especially given that the Civ and XCOM series are mostly just strategy sandboxes games with some progression and events, but it definitely creates some cognitive dissonance in comparison to other games. Waiting's also a great excuse to go back and enjoy the old vanilla game before it's rendered passe by all the cool new shit they've added to Enemy Within :)

Grief.exe

Interesting night and congrats to Grief.

snorks-ep-2hsskj.gif

Seeing BG and FF7 as steam deals is kind of surreal. Then you have the third best WRPG of all time appearing...man.

0.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Tempted to get Final Fantasy VII at $6, but what're the chances of it being lower during the Winter Seal?

Unlikely. This is Squaresoft-Enidos, dude. Buy that shit right now so they can get it through their heads that sales aren't a bad thing for those of us that refuse to pay the "Square-Enidos" tax.

Joe Molotov

Ah, it may be similar to NBA 2K9 in that you're required to install the game for it to be tied to your account. I had to give Xelios my login details so he could register the game to mine.

Turns out it was more similar to paying $5 to be kicked in the nuts. The game installs but it doesn't activate on Steam. You can run it, but if you attempt to access the Steam leaderboard from the menu, the game just crashes. Thanks for fucking nothing, ValuSoft. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
did they fix all the issues with the enhanced edition yet?

because I have bg1+2 boxed and never played them because by now I'm incapable of playing shit that isn't on steam, and maybe if the ee works I should buy them so I can play them

Enemy Within is actually cheaper here if someone is interested.

IGIU4Xh.jpg

I just made a Paypal account the other day (you need a credit card for it to work here and I just got one about a month ago), so I could help if somebody wants it for that price.

Not sure if it's region locked or something though.

Joe Molotov

I sent ValuSoft tech support an email politely requesting that they send me a replacement Top Gun key or I'll be forced to take my business elsewhere.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I sent ValuSoft tech support an email politely requesting that they send me a replacement Top Gun key or I'll be forced to take my business elsewhere.

Given that ValuSoft was part of THQ and the brand got sold to what appears to be in my five second estimation some sort of scam company that resells a modified version of an open source word processor, chances are you are not going to get the level of service you're hoping your leverage will afford you

Given that ValuSoft was part of THQ and the brand got sold to what appears to be in my five second estimation some sort of scam company that resells a modified version of an open source word processor, chances are you are not going to get the level of service you're hoping your leverage will afford you

On the plus side they'll probably reply quicker than steam support.

neoism

WOOW great sales...B2 BOUGHT I'd like FF7 but the PSP version is still the best

also lol at Grief.exe tag nice man... :p

Joe Molotov

This information shocks me to my core, as I was assured on their website that my business was very important to them and that my query would be handled within 48 hours.

Kammie

I'm surprised to see FFVII has achievements.

Is this based on the old PC port, or is it entirely new? If they were ever to port other PSX-era RPGs, I would piss myself.

I like the variety we're slowly getting on Steam. Things just keep looking up.

I'm surprised to see FFVII has achievements.

Is this based on the old PC port, or is it entirely new? If they were ever to port other PSX-era RPGs, I would piss myself.

I like the variety we're slowly getting on Steam. Things just keep looking up.

They had to do some work for direct x 9.0c but I don't know what else they put in, I think the character booster might be new.

Don't forget FFVIII was also ported to PC a long time ago as well.

Cth

Someone needs to make a gif from the end of the Sopranos (obviously tying it to Steam DB updates) in light of the new tag :D

neoism

My name is The_Monk and Grief is one of my favorite GAFfers on the Citadel.

you Grief and Jase are some of the best posters on gaf.. <3
Someone needs to make a gif from the end of the Sopranos (obviously tying it to Steam DB updates) in light of the new tag :D

started watching that show again on hbogo.. <3 James... one of the best actors EVER... :*(
most definitely HBOs best show ever...

Tomodachi

So technically I already own Minerva's Den? Incredible news, I have been waiting a long time for a Bioshock marathon before getting into Infinite.

neoism

How does it compare to The Wire in your opinion?

Well I know the wire is LOVED here I started watching it but no HD on hbogo after like 3 eps I lost interest... had good acting though... personally I dont like cop shows even though this one was the most realistic..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Turns out it was more similar to paying $5 to be kicked in the nuts. The game installs but it doesn't activate on Steam. You can run it, but if you attempt to access the Steam leaderboard from the menu, the game just crashes. Thanks for fucking nothing, ValuSoft. :(

So it's the Steam version with the Steam functionality haphazardly ripped out? Oh dear.

you Grief and Jase are some of the best posters on gaf.. <3

<3

TheD

The Detective
Only BioShock so far.

I really hope Batman AC drops both GFWL and scum(sic)rom, I have had the game in my inventory for the last 2 years because I did not really want to play a game that has limited activations.

That is what you get for buying anything from a company that has "value" in it's name.

Joe Molotov

So it's the Steam version with the Steam functionality haphazardly ripped out? Oh dear.

Seems to be the case. I briefly got excited when I looked through a setup.ini file and found a line that said "Product Code" and another that said "Package Code" but neither of them did anything in Steam. I also looked over the single piece of paper in the box again and saw that it said "If this game requires an activation code, the activation code will be listed below" but nothing was listed below. I'm tempted to go back and get another copy just on the off chance that they forgot to print the key in the this copy, but I fear ValuSoft would only disappoint me again. Maybe I'll take it back and say it doesn't work and try to exchange it for the another copy.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Looks like Ice-Pick's Lodge's next game, Knock-Knock should be out fairly soon. Last Kickstarter update said they were targeting October 4th. Not sure if anyone here besides me bought it.

Kammie

I really hope Batman AC drops both GFWL and scum(sic)rom, I have had the game in my inventory for the last 2 years because I did not really want to play a game that has limited activations.
I think you erred. You're supposed to make your stand by not buying it, not by buying it but not playing. :p You may as well play it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
saoirse<3

seen that vampire move she did.. you seen it yet.... I really cant wait for that assassin move she did with Rory.. :p James is in it too.. :/ How I Live Now looks amazing too..

Yeah, I've seen Byzantium. I didn't really care for the present-day fluff involving the schoolboy she befriends, but I enjoyed the mother/daughter dynamic (I was pleasantly surprised by Gemma Arteton's performance) and more so the flashbacks that fleshed out the underlying "vampire" mythology (the quotation marks aren't meant to slight your use of the word; I'm just making the point that, as far as the film is concerned, they're not actually vampires). Violet & Daisy only saw a theatrical release in the US so I'm stuck waiting for the BD, which, after being pushed back twice, is set to release in November according to Amazon. Fortunately, though, How I Live Now is getting a theatrical release here and hits cinemas on November 28th, though if I'm able to, I'll buy it from iTunes US on November 8th and then see it again a few weeks later on the big screen.

Seems to be the case. I briefly got excited when I looked through a setup.ini file and found a line that said "Product Code" and another that said "Package Code" but neither of them did anything in Steam. I also looked over the single piece of paper in the box again and saw that it said "If this game requires an activation code, the activation code will be listed below" but nothing was listed below. I'm tempted to go back and get another copy just on the off chance that they forgot to print the key in the this copy, but I fear ValuSoft would only disappoint me again. Maybe I'll take it back and say it doesn't work and try to exchange it for the another copy.

That's disappointing. :( If you do get a second copy, let me you know how you fare.

zkylon

zkylewd
Looks like Ice-Pick's Lodge's next game, Knock-Knock should be out fairly soon. Last Kickstarter update said they were targeting October 4th. Not sure if anyone here besides me bought it.

I did, pretty excited about knock-knock since the void is on like my top 5 games evar

thank you for reminding me

it'd be a great surprise if it's released tomorrow

TheD

The Detective
I think you erred. You're supposed to make your stand by not buying it, not by buying it but not playing. :p You may as well play it.

Not really trying to make a stand, I just got it on impulse in steam sale and kind of regretted it.

there's a sonic sale at GG and it got me thinking....did anyone ever release a good physics mod for the sonic 4 games? to make them control like the genesis games and not the shit sonic rush physics they've used this decade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom