• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

okayfrog

Banned
Good to see Skyrim is still $20, meaning I can still pass up on it. Also good to see Oblivion is still above $5, meaning I can also pass up on that as well. And seeing as how they probably won't drop during the Christmas sale, looks like I won't own Skyrim/Oblivion until summer of 2014, and I am okay with that.

Lain

I'm going with Sleepydogs, DX:HR vanilla, Hitman Absoblublublublub and something (maybe TR2013).
Of course, it could also be Just Cause 2, OG DX, Dungeon Siege 3 and Kane & Lynch 2.

I'm thinking SD, Hitman Abs, FF7 and JC2 or SD, Hitman ABS, Lara Croft GoL and JC2. It would add up to 75.96€ for the first and 74.96€ for the second, pretty close to that 75€ worth.

Tizoc

I have Strike Suit Zero via gog.com but don't have the DLC. Can I use the Steam DLC with the gog.com ver. of the game?

If you buy Chivalry Deadliest Warrior, does it show up as a separate game in your library, or is it embedded in the main Chivalry game?

I ask because it's flagged as DLC, but in some instances (e.g. FEAR Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate) DLC can be treated as a separate game.

mrgone

2005 Diablo clone/Torchlight precursor Fate just hit the store and is 40% off ($4.79) until the 20th. Hopefully the expansions follow suit at a later date.

Edit: Oh, and it has cards.

This is so bizarre! Fate was a fine game back then, but Torchlight was better in pretty well every conceivable way. I guess the price is right, but they've been pretty much giving away Torchlight for years now (literally on GOG!)

Hopefully this means that WildTangent's going to bring back the breakout clone the way that Telltale resurrected adventure games. With cards.

Arthea

I'm thinking SD, Hitman Abs, FF7 and JC2 or SD, Hitman ABS, Lara Croft GoL and JC2. It would add up to 75.96€ for the first and 74.96€ for the second, pretty close to that 75€ worth.

I doubt they include FF games into this, but SE is free to prove me wrong.
JC2 and SD are very likely to be in it though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you buy Chivalry Deadliest Warrior, does it show up as a separate game in your library, or is it embedded in the main Chivalry game?

I ask because it's flagged as DLC, but in some instances (e.g. FEAR Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate) DLC can be treated as a separate game.

Strictly speaking, DLC that appears as a separate library entry isn't actually DLC, but rather a separate game sold as DLC. To answer your question, though, you can check this in the registry:

241280 DLC Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior

This is in contrast, to, say, The Missing Link:

201280 Game Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link

FloatOn

you pick from the new launcher if you want to play chivalry vanilla or the the expansion.

so no, it's lumped into the base game.

Thank you both for replying. I've always wanted the ability to have a bit more control over my Steam library. Something like that Deus Ex Missing Link showing up as a game (when it isn't) would probably annoy me a little (a lot).

Labadal

A have a few Steam Coupons if anyone is interested:

Awesomenauts 66% Off
Towns 50% Off
Septerra Core 50% Off
Fallen Enchantress 66% Off
Stronghold 3 33% Off
Knytt Underground 50% Off
Jolly Rover 33% Off
Valdis Story: Abyssal City 33% Off
Faerie Solitaire 75% Off
Velocity Ultra 20% Off

Arthea

Awesomenauts 66% Off
Towns 50% Off
Septerra Core 50% Off
Stronghold 3 33% Off
Jolly Rover 33% Off
Faerie Solitaire 75% Off
Velocity Ultra 20% Off
buy it, it's really not so bad and rather nostalgic game. Unless you don't like JRPGs at all.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The raspberry pi does have a beefy GPU (it allows for H.264 decode at 1080p in real time), but the GPU drivers are not Open Source. Also, one would need to port the SteamOS things to the ARM architecture.

I am not well versed on Raspberry Pi, but I don't think it's that it has a beefy GPU, I think it's that it has a dedicated H264 hardware chip (which is the strategy for a lot of embedded devices).

Deques

Awesomenauts 66% Off
Towns 50% Off
Septerra Core 50% Off
Stronghold 3 33% Off
Jolly Rover 33% Off
Faerie Solitaire 75% Off
Velocity Ultra 20% Off

Valdis please

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I am not well versed on Raspberry Pi, but I don't think it's that it has a beefy GPU, I think it's that it has a dedicated H264 hardware chip (which is the strategy for a lot of embedded devices).

The GPU on the Pi is no beast per say, but it's quite capable. While it does have Hardware H.264 encoding/decoding as you say, it's also no slouch.

This general description of the Videocore 4 GPU in it says it's "Capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24 GFLOPs of general purpose compute and features a bunch of texture filtering and DMA infrastructure." and compares it to an Original XBox when it comes to graphical capabilities - obviously, it's nowhere near that level on the raw CPU processing power.

The Pi has a pretty nice GPU, but a really slow CPU. It's slow enough that makes software that doesn't use the GPU acceleration suffer massively from it. I really wish they updated the Pi with a better CPU at the core of it (and removed all Analog outputs from it, because who uses those?), but the point of the Pi is not to be a fast, all purpose computer. It's supposed to be a cheap, used-for-education piece of hardware, so there's little chance that they'll do it. If only the community behind the faster, more expensive alternatives (like the Cubieboard, for instance) were as active as on the RPi.

I heard that the Pi GPU might outperform a Tegra 2. I wouldn't call that beefy, but that's decent.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Anybody know if it's one thing for tier, like other Humble Weekly Bundles, or if it's one entry per game?

Can I gift Zeno Clash 1, Killing Floor and Rock of Ages to different people, for instance?

Turfster

Anybody know if it's one thing for tier, like other Humble Weekly Bundles, or if it's one entry per game?

Can I gift Zeno Clash 1, Killing Floor and Rock of Ages to different people, for instance?

They switched to their Steam account linking thing a while back for pretty much every bundle that isn't a mobile one, so yes, you can send individual game gifting links to people.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is "Rising Storm BETA" different from "Rising Storm"? Enhanced Steam doesn't say I have Rising Storm, but I do have that BETA thing...

Edit: No, it appears the Beta is a bonus for owners of something else. It's a different game from the regular Rising Storm. But it looks so bad that I won't bother paying 6 dollars for it.

They switched to their Steam account linking thing a while back for pretty much every bundle that isn't a mobile one, so yes, you can send individual game gifting links to people.

The last Weekly I bought (the last one) still had multiple games per entry on the "register these games on Steam" area. I though that most Weekly bundles were still like that.

It's like xmas came way, way too early!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Killing Floor -- -- MB-6FC866F820B00E3F - Taken by Kirosia
Zeno Clash -- -- MB-1CCBF515A1FE8826 - Taken by The_Monk
Dwarves?! -- -- MB-4690053519372768 - Taken by Newblade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom