• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

Give me a quick overview of Strike Suit Zero/Infinity please. I heard that one of them was somehow similar to Wing Commander, is that actually true?

Turfster

Give me a quick overview of Strike Suit Zero/Infinity please. I heard that one of them was somehow similar to Wing Commander, is that actually true?

I bought Infinity, and I couldn't really recommend it.
It's more of an arena shooter with a rather broken gerwalk mechanic than a Wing Commander.

The last Weekly I bought (the last one) still had multiple games per entry on the "register these games on Steam" area. I though that most Weekly bundles were still like that.
Oh, I skipped that one. The few I've gotten were all separate links, though.

The_Monk

Loving to being able to make progress on Dark Souls but I feel that sooner or later I may hit a wall, again. Let's see. There's something about the game that always left you wanting more.

I just hope I don't let myself loose in this world. Don't you dare to go holow.

EDIT: Thank you Intheflorsh, I'm already missing to do another massive giveaway, let's see how my wallet behaves later on since I loved to give something to those good homes.

zkylon

zkylewd
Loving to being able to make progress on Dark Souls but I feel that sooner or later I may hit a wall, again. Let's see. There's something about the game that always left you wanting more.

I just hope I don't let myself loose in this world. Don't you dare to go holow.
dark souls really is a series of very interesting walls you gotta break through

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dwarfs -- MB-003266AEBA26BC68 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Zeno Clash -- MB-31DA6D01047F79EB - Taken by FauX

I didn't bother beating the average as I already own both games and there's no app the keys could have activated that I don't already have (unlike Killing Floor and the "DLC1" DLC).

Really don't want to be THAT guy... but wow, Kirosia, you really do seem to be picking up quite a few games today through ModBot. In fact, I've noticed you doing it a fair bit in general. I'm sure you're a really cool guy, and in the end it's no skin off my nose, but maybe you should let some other people have a chance, yes?

(Sorry, if I'm speaking out of turn - I realise Stump has put restrictions in place to prevent ModBot abuse.)

Saty

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dwarfs?! -- MB-3E435CF003DE5DE5 - Taken by Berlok
Yes. Dwarfs.

rtcn63

Really don't want to be THAT guy... but wow, Kirosia, you really do seem to be picking up quite a few games today through ModBot. In fact, I've noticed you doing it a fair bit in general. I'm sure you're a really cool guy, and in the end it's no skin off my nose, but maybe you should let some other people have a chance, yes?

Winning the first two this morning seemed strange and I didn't want to be put on notice for that alone. But they were via raffle, luck of the draw, I've gone stretches without winning anything. I see the same folks entering contests, with even greater win rates, so if not me, it'd be one of them. I don't want to sound non-appreciative though, I like this community, and I'm grateful no one's come to my house and forced me to listen to the Beeb. If someone does take real issue, I'll gladly step back.

Arthea

ZC II in the $1 tier whaaat

instantly bought $1 tier.
Weird decision, especially how unappealing $6 is in comparison.

Btw. what I am wondering is, why is Zeno Clash 2 in the 1$ option and Rock of Ages in the BTA?

I really would have thought it would be vice versa, since Rock of Ages was really often in the Steam-sales, right?
And Zeno Clash 2 is (imo) far more worth than the 1$.

really baffling

Btw. what I am wondering is, why is Zeno Clash 2 in the 1$ option and Rock of Ages in the BTA?

I really would have thought it would be vice versa, since Rock of Ages was really often in the Steam-sales, right?
And Zeno Clash 2 is (imo) far more worth than the 1$.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What DLC1?

I've no idea what it is, but it's only in the game's retail and granted gift subs.

Too bad.

Thanks JaseC for the giveaway :D

Haha, yeah, I just saw your previous post. ;) I'm now trying to cut down on frivolous spending where possible as I don't think I'm going to have quite as much set aside for the Winter Sale as I'd earlier expected (curse you, Christmas). In hindsight I should have ignored Black Flag entirely until the sale had started and instead farmed cards.

OK gang, time for another giveaway! This is the Indie Gala Codemasters Bundle. For those who don't know what's included here's the list of games:
Damnation
Clive Barkers Jericho
Overlord
Overlord Raising Hell
Overlord II
Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising
Operation Flashpoint Red River
FUEL

See a game you'd like but already have the others? No worries there, the games have separate keys. All I ask is that if you win the bundle giveaway any spares to your fellow GAF peeps.

Holy crap, I won! :D Thanks, MakeshiftChef!!!

And here are a couple of keys from the weekly humble bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for MulderWasTaken:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Zeno Clash -- MB-EB7B7AB1898D14D5 - Taken by Jmanunknown. 2 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-BF862F505753FD55 - Taken by InfiniteNine. 3 entrants total.

t1386876911z1.png

The_Monk

I actually saw it as well, winning the first two in a short period seemed strange, and I didn't want to be put on notice. But they were via raffle, and I've gone stretches without winning anything, which I think is common. I see the same folks entering contests, so if not me, it'd be one of them. I don't want to sound non-appreciative though, I like this community, and I'm grateful no one's come to my house and forced me to listen to the Beeb.

I have some sort of rule for myself that may or may not work for other GAFfers that is:

I must have given at least twice the number of games via Modbot or Steam gifts to GAFfers that I won for myself. So if I won 10 Games from Modbot I must had given 20 games. If I won 20 games from Modbot I must have given 40 games, and so on.

This way, we can all keep the kindness going around here while keeping a good, superior ratio of donating VS winning.

By looking at your profile it seems that most games you own are from bundles and they are sitting at 0.0 Hours. My advice, if I may suggest is, if you are not going to play a game straight away then let another lucky GAFfer have it, there's always another chance.

I actually saw it as well, winning the first two in a short period seemed strange, and I didn't want to be put on notice. But they were via raffle, and I've gone stretches without winning anything, which I think is common. I see the same folks entering contests, with even greater win rates, so if not me, it'd be one of them. I don't want to sound non-appreciative though, I like this community, and I'm grateful no one's come to my house and forced me to listen to the Beeb. If someone does take real issue, I'll gladly step back.

That's totally cool with me, although I'll just point out that having already won two raffles today you didn't have to then go ahead and enter another giveaway. All I want to say is that this is a community and maybe people should think about whether they REALLY want a game before PMing ModBot in case you might be depriving somebody else who genuinely wanted to play it and perhaps couldn't afford it or something.

Anyway, I've said my piece. I hope all's good between us. I've seen you post in the Doctor Who threads so I know you must be a capital fellow ;)

EDIT: Also thank you to The_Monk for his excellent (as always) post above :)

I really enjoyed it for what it was.

While Zeno Clash 1 still felt like a HL-mod, Zeno Clash 2 felt like a real Game. The gameplay was fluid and the story was quite nice.

Instructions for participants:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Zeno Clash -- MB-9C07CBA3631D715D - Taken by Tesseract
Killing Floor -- MB-7262CC6CD004B26E - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon

Enjoy.

rtcn63

By looking at your profile it seems that most games you own are from bundles and they are sitting at 0.0 Hours. My advice, if I may suggest is, if you are not going to play a game straight away then let another lucky GAFfer have it, there's always another chance.

I'm a bit of a digital hoarder, I admit. I've gotten caught up in the whole "expand your Steam library at the cost of the living and furry". After becoming used to the giveaways, I only enter games that I may want to play, but often, there are keys that just lay sitting because no one in the thread wants them, so I eventually try to grab them up. (Hence why mostly bundle stuff) Okay, that's just an excuse, I do really like winning things, I'm normally an unlucky fellow and it feels nice.

EDIT: This is not me excusing myself for possibly being a greedy sumbitch, and for that, I apologize. People here are generous and not rapacious, and i don't want to come off as anyone who isn't grateful.

Decent bundle, would've wanted Rock of Ages in tier 1 but bought it for a dollar now and thinking maybe raising the sum later on to get it.

I've played Zeno Clash demo, thought it was pretty boring but for a dollar, I'm willing to give it a try for sure.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I thought the GOTY and GOTY Deluxe sold on Amazon are the same as the GOTY and GOTY Deluxe sold on Steam, or I'm missing something?

Oh wait, probably me being confused again. I thought before I bought GoTY but apparently it's Deluxe. Steam never puts what you bought is Deluxe or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom