• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

DMPrince said:
needs more steam feature. like achievement and cloud saving and whatnot lulz.

It has achievements, and plenty. Im guessing they're just not listed in the store page like with Clash of Heroes.

SalsaShark said:
It has achievements, and plenty. Im guessing they're just not listed in the store page like with Clash of Heroes.
orly. I wonder why. i like to see shitload of steam features on the side of the game page to know i'm buying something i can be proud of lol.

guess when i put money in the bank i'll be picking up CoH and TBoI then.

BioHazard

Marsipolami said:
Ugh, I hate weapon only DLCs, but I have this tickling, nasty sensation in the back of my skull when I don't own everything to a specific game I own. It's silly, I know.

mrlRQ.png

Gvaz

Banned
Marsipolami said:
Ugh, I hate weapon only DLCs, but I have this tickling, nasty sensation in the back of my skull when I don't own everything to a specific game I own. It's silly, I know.
It's not silly. It's a normal response about being nickle and dimed for cut content.

Wait, you guys are going to spend $3 to get a silenced sniper rifle instead of just using the crossbow?

Edit: oh Tong's mission too. That seems a bit more appealing.

Twinduct

svegis said:
Very kind of you, mister! I didn't take, but I'm grateful for the action.
I'm just curious what PS is short for? I can't think of anything remotely close.

heh sorry was on my way out, was suppose to be 'p.s. It's in the e-mail ' :p

goodfella said:
Taken, thanks! :D

Don't have any money to pay right now, but will be sure to buy the bundle later. Until then, I will feel dirty. :(

No stress, was worried the code won't work (Never seen a code for steam like that), but assume it worked. =)

Twinduct

So .. them Game Of thrones RTS. Didn't want to go in blind, considering there is almost close to no real media (other than the same 4 screenshots at every DD store).

Worth it? I need a damn RTS in my life right now.

svegis

Twinduct said:
So .. them Game Of thrones RTS. Didn't want to go in blind, considering there is almost close to no real media (other than the same 4 screenshots at every DD store).

What happened to your Company of Heroes adventures? Frozen Synapse can probably aid that RTS itch. No clue if the Game of Thrones are good, though.

Chesskid1

Banned
Twinduct said:

i'd follow the forums if you want quick impressions

http://www.agot-genesis.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=6355e81aa1afd6f3cf145ccd60bfeab0

i don't have much faith the game will be good though. it will most likely be terrible and be a diss, service to the books. we'll see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjSsOo0TCdY&feature=youtu.be

this guy will be doing let's play of it. first video should be up soon prolly.

Twinduct

Played COH to death :< .. strangely enough, I'm getting a group of friends together for a lan soon, mostly for COH.

TBH the turnbased system in FS is killing me. I've never taken to TBS. Although I do find the premise of the idea to be great though! I really need to get back into it though!

RTSs has always been my favorite genre and it's been sad to see that so few games for the genre is coming out/ came out for it this year. Hell I might even buy the game in fear that it might be one of the last heh :p

Twinduct said:
Played COH to death :< .. strangely enough, I'm getting a group of friends together for a lan soon, mostly for COH.

TBH the turnbased system in FS is killing me. I've never taken to TBS. Although I do find the premise of the idea to be great though! I really need to get back into it though!

RTSs has always been my favorite genre and it's been sad to see that so few games for the genre is coming out/ came out for it this year. Hell I might even buy the game in fear that it might be one of the last heh :p
Hm, now I think of it, there really is nothing great this year in the RTS-genre I think. Every strategy game I come up with is turn-based.

Maybe get into Total War? It's turn-based mixed with RTS battles.

Or just surrender yourself to Europa Universalis (it is realtime, but hard to get in to) or Civilization V and see hour upon hour of your life wasted ;)

Twinduct

Chesskid1 said:
i'd follow the forums if you want quick impressions

http://www.agot-genesis.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=6355e81aa1afd6f3cf145ccd60bfeab0

i don't have much faith the game will be good though. it will most likely be terrible and be a diss, service to the books. we'll see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjSsOo0TCdY&feature=youtu.be

this guy will be doing let's play of it. first video should be up soon prolly.

Nice, from what I read, the idea seems kinda unique. So might still bite, I'm not one to be turned off by Graphics heh. Besides, only near the middle with the second book. So lore wise, I won't feel too spoiled.

ClosingADoor said:
Hm, now I think of it, there really is nothing great this year in the RTS-genre I think. Every strategy game I come up with is turn-based.

Maybe get into Total War? It's turn-based mixed with RTS battles.

Or just surrender yourself to Europa Universalis (it is realtime, but hard to get in to) or Civilization V and see hour upon hour of your life wasted ;)

Heh, got Total War. Just found the pace waaay too slow. Same with most TBS.
Kings and Castles will come out one day!

I don't like Isaac's menu. It's cool but it has no flow. You have to alternate between left and right arrows and up and down arrows without much rhyme and reason. Not a big deal, just a little thing. And I'm not a fan with how your bullets travel while walking. It's like they angle a little bit. Overall fun game though. Music is the best part. Kind of wished I could go full screen as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
krzy123 said:
I hope you mean 1TB of games that weren't on the old drive. Because you can move steam installations from one drive to another w/o any major redownloads.
Kuran said:
Well, you could have just transferred your steam apps folder from one drive to the other.

The old drive is dead. :p

wolfmat said:
And then the best part: Your new HDD falls on the floor and is broken.

Well, that is how the previous one died.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Binding of Isaac achievements seem to be borked for me; I got to next to the last boss and did all kinds of stuff that was in the achievements and nothing unlocked. Great game though. Thanks to RelaxMX for gifting it to me!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
First person to quote this post gets the Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (as well as whatever the above-average donation bonus is). I bought it in the interest of charity, but I already own the games.

Edit: Sent to pauljeremiah.

MRORANGE

JaseC said:
First person to quote this post gets the Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (as well as whatever the above-average donation bonus is). I bought it in the interest of charity, but I already own the games.

i just wanted to quote, i already bought it on steam XD unless my friend wants it.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
JaseC said:

Quoted

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Sigh, I actually found something on Origin that I frigging want on Steam. The ability to write offline msgs to friends.

C'mon Gabe!

StarShaker

Neo Member
crimsonheadGCN said:
So I bought a XFX 6850 last month and received a Dirt 3 promo thing, but I already got Dirt 3 and was wondering if anyone wants to have it?

I'll take it. Amazingly i dont have that game yet

steamid: guitarstar22

epmode

Issac could really stand to be a real game instead of a Flash executable. Unless I'm missing a fullscreen mode and/or a way to use a controller without JoyToKey.

svegis

Twinduct said:

You do have a point, I've always been a fan of RTS, a mediocre one at that, but still a fan, and there's not been that many releases lately... whatever the case, I liked the suggestions ClosingADoor gave, what about uh, Dawn of War maybe? Might not be the ideal game for ya, but if you like CoH as much as it seems, it might be nice, too. That's basically the only suggestion I can come up with bar Total War series or Europa Universalis.

Salsa

epmode said:
Issac could really stand to be a real game instead of a Flash executable. Unless I'm missing a fullscreen mode and/or a way to use a controller without JoyToKey.

no controller support besides joytokey for now (but.. why wouldnt you run the config file i posted earlier? easy as pie), fullscreen can be toggled in options during pause while youre in game.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
SalsaShark said:
no controller support besides joytokey for now (but.. why wouldnt you run the config file i posted earlier? easy as pie), fullscreen can be toggled in options during pause while youre in game.

There's some key that toggles it for me too because I accidentally hit it and almost died during the transition.

Twinduct

svegis said:
You do have a point, I've always been a fan of RTS, a mediocre one at that, but still a fan, and there's not been that many releases lately... whatever the case, I liked the suggestions ClosingADoor gave, what about uh, Dawn of War maybe? Might not be the ideal game for ya, but if you like CoH as much as it seems, it might be nice, too. That's basically the only suggestion I can come up with bar Total War series or Europa Universalis.

Lol thanks for the suggestions, but already on that :p
Nah I'm just slightly bitter that there is almost no high-profile RTS on the horizon :p
Waiting for some Gameplay videos on the GoT: Genesis. If it's slightly interesting, I'm biting lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom