• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Volcynika said:
The Frozen Synapse key market will crash quicker than the Dirt 3 key market!

Savvy investors should dump their spare Frozen Synapse keys now, before the market bottoms out.

We need to make a website about this. Is there any way to use Google Finance's API?

Volcynika

mxgt said:
Is The Binding of Isaac releasing today or not?

It's gone from the coming soon list but it still says unlocks in 3 hours despite not having a price

You just can't pre-order it. It's coming out today.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
mxgt said:
Is The Binding of Isaac releasing today or not?

It's gone from the coming soon list but it still says unlocks in 3 hours despite not having a price

Still on track for release in a few hours.

NullPointer said:
Picked up Alien vs Predator on a lark - hey it was only $5, and man, its better than I thought it would be. Given I've only played for maybe an hour or so but it hit all the right notes in that time and it performs like a dream.
It gets a lot of hate around here but it's a solid game. A shame that the multi wasn't up to snuff - lost opportunity there.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
arts&crafts said:
can you gift part of a bundle (on steam)? or are you forced to gift the entire thing or nothing at all?

I don't know if you're referring to packs you buy on Steam (if so, no, you have to give the whole bundle), or the Frozen Synapse bundle which you get separate keys for Frozen Synapse and the Frozenbyte part.

svegis

Twinduct said:
Quote me for the key! .. PS inside the e-mail.
Its Frozen Synapse :: steam

Very kind of you, mister! I didn't take, but I'm grateful for the action.
I'm just curious what PS is short for? I can't think of anything remotely close.

goodfella

Twinduct said:

Quote me for the key! .. PS inside the e-mail.
Its Frozen Synapse :: steam

Taken, thanks! :D

Don't have any money to pay right now, but will be sure to buy the bundle later. Until then, I will feel dirty. :(

morningbus

Gvaz said:
aww yeah FS for a dollar (I only have like $10 in the bank and I need to eat)
Volcynika said:
Sure you do!

Eh, it's about par for the Gvaz course. It was either this post or a post about how whatever is on sale is fucking shit and the worst thing ever because it isn't relevant to him.

Gvaz

Banned
Volcynika said:
Sure you do!
Well okay I have $37 or so but i still need to eat and have bills like rent looming over my head that should have been paid a month ago.

It should have been ten but not sure why it's higher.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Gvaz said:
Well okay I have $37 or so but i still need to eat and have bills like rent looming over my head that should have been paid a month ago.

It should have been ten but not sure why it's higher.
If you buy 37 copies you can turn that into 370$ in a couple weeks.

Kuran

Banned
JaseC said:
My replacement Steam HDD arrived earlier today.

Good news: it's 2TB, and I was close to filling up the previous 1TB drive.

Bad news: I have to re-download roughly 1TB of games.

crap28s0.jpg

Steam thought it prudent to download Braid, HOARD, and Torchlight by itself, whilst I myself downloaded Half-Life 2 (for its shared Source assets) and the Sega Mega Drive Classics. I have discs for Prey and the most recent Aliens vs Predator, but everything else I'll have to download at ~550KBps.

Feels bad, man.

Well, you could have just transferred your steam apps folder from one drive to the other.

garath said:
So a Game of Thrones: Genesis came out?

I've been intrigued by this game for awhile but won't buy it until I see a few reviews. Anyone have it and have some impressions?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/58550/
Wat, it was released today? I love ASoIaF as a setting and the novels but I'm not feeling it for this game. I shall idly wait for impressions or a demo (please!).

I think that's just the gamestop pre-order bonus. Good move. I'd happily pay $3 not to buy it from Gamestop.
Ugh, I hate weapon only DLCs, but I have this tickling, nasty sensation in the back of my skull when I don't own everything to a specific game I own. It's silly, I know.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, Game of Thrones came out? I bought it on Green Man Gaming and it says it will be released tomorrow. Oh well, with the 15% pre-order discount and the 20% coupon code along with my $5 referral credit, I ended up paying only $22.16, so I guess I can wait a day.

Turfster

Marsipolami said:
Ugh, I hate weapon only DLCs, but I have this tickling, nasty sensation in the back of my skull when I don't own everything to a specific game I own. It's silly, I know.
You also get a shitty 5 minute mission! (that does add a bit to the universe backstory, but eh)

morningbus

Hey guys, looking to sell a copy of Frozen Synapse for $12.50. I'll even accept something for around $10, like Limbo or the New Vegas DLC.

This is your future, Steam thread.

morningbus said:
Hey guys, looking to sell a copy of Frozen Synapse for $12.50. I'll even accept something for around $10, like Limbo or the New Vegas DLC.

I'm considering stockpiling them and giving them away whenever someone starts doing that shit down the road. That would drive that market into the ground.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Palette Swap said:
whenever someone starts doing that shit down the road.

Hopefully the mods wouldn't allow such behavior. People are already doing it on the Steam Trading forums and being called out on it.

morningbus said:

Can't wait to see the Frozen Synapse + Dirt 3 trading bundle..

morningbus

Will trade someone Frozen Synapse for the Binding of Isaac.

Gully State said:
Can't wait to see the Frozen Synapse + Dirt 3 trading bundle..

Add a copy of Portal 1 and you've got a deal, mister.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am guessing no one will accept my of Frozen Synapse for Issac.

Damn people who made the game, making it so each game has two copies, then selling it for a name your own price thing! Aw well.

How about Frozen Synapse AND Day of Defeat Source! Whoooooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom