• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

ZZMitch said:
I have been playing through Darksiders, it is really great! However, a bunch of the achievements I should have gotten never unlocked. :/ Anyone else had this problem? It is not really a big deal, I was just wondering.
Yeah, it's a bug that was never straightened out.

ArjanN

ZZMitch said:
I have been playing through Darksiders, it is really great! However, a bunch of the achievements I should have gotten never unlocked. :/ Anyone else had this problem? It is not really a big deal, I was just wondering.

Achievements randomly sometimes not unlocking is a known issue with the PC version. You can still get them by replaying though.

I got around it by making a lot of unique saves (something I always do anyway, thanks old Sierra manuals!) and just reloading if an achievement didn't unlock.

TheBez

Kabouter said:
Steam Summer Sale 2011 |OT| Of everybody's favourite mode, hoard mode
? :+
I really like this one haha. But maybe it should be Horde Morde :p

Steam Summer Sale 2011 |OT| Great Job, Gabe!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Baha said:
Just Cause 2? Yes it has steamworks, go for it.
I have to wait until Saturday to buy it off D2D though.

And added another 10 to bring me up to 47. I will sit with this in my wallet until the supposed sale starts :p

If it doesn't actually start until next week I will add another 20. Heck, I will probably be able to add more and be set for more sales if the sale goes on for a bit.

Xamdou

So is there official confirmation from Valve or Gabe himself about the steam summer sale that is suppose to start tomorrow (June 24) like last year?

Derrick01

Banned
Xamdou said:
So is there official confirmation from Valve or Gabe himself about the steam summer sale that is suppose to start tomorrow (June 24) like last year?

No and we'll likely never get any official confirmation from anyone at Valve, they like to remain quiet.

Best we can hope for are last minute registry additions that give away that a sale is coming.

Ashour

jaundicejuice said:
30 and 20 hours respectively? I'm sorry I don't have an exact number, Steam doesn't track the time spent playing Non-Steam games.
I use raptr for tracking non steam games. check it out if you haven't yet.

Sblargh

Banned
Last episode of back to the future available now.

Edit: and what the fuck? Sprite pack for europa universalis? Uniforms colors for soldiers? Thar's the most useless DLC I ever seen. *buying*

BentMyWookiee said:
Cthulu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII combo pack for $3?! Sounds like something I can buy without waiting for a sale
Anyone who waits for a $3 pack to go on sale is cheapass, in any case. :p

Forkball

Possibly late, but GamersGate is having a Square Enix sale for a week, some of them can register on Steam like Kane and Lynch 2 ($10). Magicka is also on sale there for $5.

Salsa

Forkball said:
Possibly late, but GamersGate is having a Square Enix sale for a week, some of them can register on Steam like Kane and Lynch 2 ($10). Magicka is also on sale there for $5.

yes you are late you ball of fork

Sblargh

Banned
Ahh, ok, Europa Universallis 3 on sale. $3.50 with two expansions and $7.50 with all three of them.
Highly recommend. I got 65 hours on it and I don't think I play it enough. Not that complex as the master race wants you to believe.
Turn off in-game music, put some chill out shit playing on the back and just waste your day making sure the Portuguese don't discover Brazil because they are too busy conquering Africa.

Card Boy

Banned
I don't get why people horde Steam games, i have 136 games (despite Steam community saying i have 210) and I have played most of them, they are games I want. 17 of those games I got for free, during indie bundles or the massive Ubisoft debacle on Australian Ubistore. I only got like 20 more games in my wishlist and thats it! I don't buy crap '30 Ton Truck Racers' or whatever just because it's cheap.

Cardigan

Forkball said:
Magicka is $3.50 at Green Man Gaming.

MRORANGE

some news about Final Fantasy VII & VIII on steam

http://www.rpgsite.net/articles/294-final-fantasy-vii-and-viii-are-on-steam--but-will-likely-never-see-release

Sadly it appears the Steam releases of these games may have been killed completely - as mentioned earlier, the terrible ports are extremely temperamental in all modern operating systems and often crash to desktop. While Square was clearly trying to do something to fix it, the files available through Steam haven't been updated since early 2010.

Fans have been clamouring for a remake of Final Fantasy VII in particular forever, and a higher resolution PC port would probably make a lot of people very happy. However, given the quality of the original 1998/2000 PC ports of the games, the fact that the Steam release appears to be dead in the water might be more of a blessing than a curse.

Card Boy

Banned
Sutton Dagger said:
Sorry repost:

I'm an Aussie, would I have any issue getting Lara Croft and Justcause off of Gamersgate for the US price?

I'm Aussie and have bought Metro 2033 from Gamersgate for 5bucks. Bought it fine with no problems and registered it on Steam.

So yes you will get it for lower than the US price due to our strong dollar!

Gez said:
I'm Aussie and have bought Metro 2033 from Gamersgate for 5bucks. Bought it fine with no problems and registered it on Steam.

So yes you will get it for lower than the US price due to our strong dollar!

Awesome, Cheers Gez.

StuBurns

Banned
LocoMrPollock said:
Wonder why they just don't emulate the PSX versions? Actually why not emulate their entire PSX catalog and throw them on Steam?
Sony would have to allow it. Which a year ago I would have laughed at the concept of, but they are doing something like that with phones, so it's not a huge leap.

They have prerendered backgrounds though, the PC versions of 7 and 8 have always been pretty horrid.

LocoMrPollock said:
Wonder why they just don't emulate the PSX versions? Actually why not emulate their entire PSX catalog and throw them on Steam?
Sony might have a problem with that given they co/published VII in the Americas?

kuYuri

Heads up, if anyone wants, Amazon has price matched Steam's sale and is also selling Homefront download for $24.99. Requires Steamworks, so it works out regardless.

I may go this route since I still have Amazon credit.

camerooni

Neo Member
Sutton Dagger said:
Sorry repost:

I'm an Aussie, would I have any issue getting Lara Croft and Justcause off of Gamersgate for the US price?

Yeah they charge us in USD, but if you sign up for the newsletter they send it to us in Euro.. :p

Hixx

Homefront isn't too bad nowadays, performance has finally been fixed etc. There's only ever 4 or 5 really active servers at a time though and the lack of game modes can kind of kill it.

Derrick01

Banned
I was hoping for something more than just 50% on Homefront. Multiplayer that I'll never play and a 4-5 hour campaign means a $5 buy. $10 at most.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Homefront is not a good game by any measure. It's not worth any amount of money. Fun is fun regardless of price and your time is certainly more valuable then to be wasted on nonsense like that.

PaulLFC

Looks like Limbo may be coming soon...

GIkxF.png

Other new registry stuff: New Vegas DLCs, D&D Daggerdale, and the one you've all been waiting for: Farming Simulator 2011 DLC!

Zimbardo

i had Homefront pre ordered on Direct2Drive for $38 and got Metro 2033 free with it.

that was a pretty sweet deal ...but too bad i already owned Metro.

anyway, i thought the single player campaign of Homefront was pretty good. short, but good.

the multiplayer is so-so. fun for a bit, but not nearly as good as something like Bad Company 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom