• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i have this friend who is a hardcore pirate, today i set him up with a Steam account and 2 games thanks to the ATI offer to give him a taste of what he has been missing. Hopefully that and TF2 going free to play will be enough to turn him to the good side.

Also i really hope Morrowind gets to 5 bucks in the upcoming summer sale, i made a huge mistake passing that up last time thinking it would be on sale again in no time at all ugh.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
EvilDick34 said:
Um, can people right now play L4D/2 and CS:S?? It isn't letting me, saying its unavailable right now, wtf?

My crew plays TF2 on Tuesday and Thursday and we are all having problems....

Ugh TF2 goes F2P and borks teh steams!!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Sinatar said:
Homefront is not a good game by any measure. It's not worth any amount of money. Fun is fun regardless of price and your time is certainly more valuable then to be wasted on nonsense like that.
I put tons of hours in the MP and I don't regret a single one. Most fun I've had in an online FPS since BF2.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SapientWolf said:
I put tons of hours in the MP and I don't regret a single one. Most fun I've had in an online FPS since BF2.
Yeah, I'm actually really enjoying it as well. They have some great fucking ideas that actually feel fresh.

TheKurgan

Logged on to Steam to check out the daily sales = so what is up with TF2? Is it really free? Looks like a cool game but I have never had the chance to play it...

Salsa

PaulLFC said:
Looks like Limbo may be coming soon...

GIkxF.png

cant wait

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
PaulLFC said:
Other new registry stuff: New Vegas DLCs, D&D Daggerdale, and the one you've all been waiting for: Farming Simulator 2011 DLC!
f53pz.gif

Limbo looks really cool. It being on Steam would get me to buy it.

Narag

The Broken Ska Record said:
A mod needs to change the current title to "Steam Announcement 2011 |OT| - No, we don't know when the Summer Sale will start.

Looks like this thread is wrapping up soon anyhow so best saved for OT2?

Narag

The Broken Ska Record said:
I thought the plan was to jump into the Steam Summer Sale thread and then make OT2 when it's done. *shrug* I don't know how this works. Ha ha.

Me neither! That'd make sense though as a bridge of sorts.

Sanic

It's been a pleasure posting with all of you for the first half of this year, and look forward to many more good times in OT2.

AcridMeat

Banned
eemijun said:
What do you think of the new hillclimb track? (I'm debating whether or not to buy it))

It's about 3 - 3 1/2 minutes long, can't quite tell yet. My fastest time is around 3:45 while spinning out/crashing. It's more of a downhill after a quick uphill. There's some tricky corners towards the end. Could be better but it's definitely challenging and I absolutely adore the classic cars. I have been waiting for months so I'm happy it's finally here.

The thing about this pack is that they took away what gear you should be in, just color cues for the corners, which is seriously throwing me off.

Oh and they picked two of the ugliest American cars from that era IMO.

Salsa

Summer sales work better here, because winter is actually starting in this part of the world, so i can stay inside buying and playing games, ha!

Cerepol

As much as I want people to be right about it being tonight, I highly doubt it, they have their weekend deal and if they were going to do a literal shit ton of deals tomorrow they wouldn't have that up.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
it's been one hell of a journey, the top ten (salsashark is the winner):

wallofshame7t4a.png

I'd do it but I guess LovingSteams probably has dibs on it but he better get to it soon.

Salsa

can i do the next one or the summer sales one considering i won and that LovingOrigin is a filthy traitor?

also shit i didnt know i posted that much

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SalsaShark said:
can i do the next one or the summer sales one considering i won and that LovingOrigin is a filthy traitor?

I have more games than you, that counts for something.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Snuggler said:
it's been one hell of a journey, the top ten (salsashark is the winner):

wallofshame7t4a.png

I'd do it but I guess LovingSteams probably has dibs on it but he better get to it soon.
Only #4 :(

Oh, Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale is coming to steam. Expect it fairly soon.

SalsaShark said:

I think Crim is doing summer and I am about to post the new Steam thread. You can pick the title.

AcridMeat

Banned
SalsaShark said:

I know for a fact you give yourself a hot lashing for each post in the steam thread. You twisted animal.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Orellio said:
Damn, last year's thread only had 8k posts all year? What happened between then and now? How did we hit 20k so fast?
I guess more people are either starting to use Steam or are becoming whores for digital distribution.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Stallion Free said:
I guess more people are either starting to use Steam or are becoming whores for digital distribution.
I would say both. I really started to make use of steam last July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom