• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
2011 Summer Sale, the new Steam street drug of choice, causes empty wallets, rotting backlog

(this is getting silly real fast)

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Orellio said:
We just need the perfect image and we have a meme on our hands, gents.
The "It only sells everything" would work well as an animated gif — game names roll by, stops at "everything"

Salsa

So its Square-Enix Week on GamersGate and i just got an email with the upcoming sales.

Thursday: Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition & Deus Ex: Invisible War - 75%

Friday: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 75% (regular price is 14.95usd)

Saturday: Just Cause & Just Cause 2 - 75% (regular price is 19.95usd)

Sunday: Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition - 80%

the bolded can be activated on Steam, just a heads up.

Carm

LastWindow said:
I'd like to get Divinity 2 but with SecuROM and no way to revoke (that I've found) I think I'll hold off until it's cheaper.

You revoke activations by either uninstalling and it asks you, or you can verify the file integrity and it will ask you there too.

InertiaXr

SalsaShark said:
Friday: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 75% (regular price is 14.95usd)

the bolded can be activated on Steam, just a heads up.

Can it really be registered on Steam? I would definitely get that at under $3.75, but it's not listed here at all.

The page for it at gamersgate does say "Note: This product requires a 3rd party download and account" so I'm guessing that's Steam?

But then the Steam page says "Retail CD-Keys for this game cannot be registered through Steam."

What the hell is going on here

Salsa

InertiaXr said:
Can it really be registered on Steam? I would definitely get that at under $3.75, but it's not listed here at all.

The page for it at gamersgate does say "Note: This product requires a 3rd party download and account" so I'm guessing that's Steam?

But then the Steam page says " Retail CD-Keys for this game cannot be registered through Steam."

:D

XeroSauce

InertiaXr said:

But then the Steam page says "Retail CD-Keys for this game cannot be registered through Steam."

That says retail. Gamersgate is digital.

EDIT: Salsa'd

Carm

LastWindow said:
Have you done it both ways and can confirm it works?

It worked the last time I uninstalled it popped up. I just checked the file integrity and the menu popped up asking if I want to revoke.

ZZMitch

I have been playing through Darksiders, it is really great! However, a bunch of the achievements I should have gotten never unlocked. :/ Anyone else had this problem? It is not really a big deal, I was just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom