• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks, I thought that they fixed the camera problems in patches and DLC but apparently not. I was going to ask a couple of friends if they wanted to run through the DLC too.

It's subtext, my man. There aren't any Jeyne's that participate in the game but Jeyne is like John in that land. They're all behind the scenes and all over the fucking place (everyone you talk to that is not named or just there for decoration is named Jeyne pretty much) and people just don't want to have a mix up and some poor hapless bastard or bastardess (Jeyne is androgynous there) gets his head chopped off.

"Excuse me miss, were you talking to me?"
"No. My son is also named Jeyne."

duckroll

Co-op camera = serious rage mode, can't see shit, constant micromanagement required.

The voice chat was also kinda broken. So I could only hear one player, and after a cutscene I couldn't hear anyone anymore. Being unable to chat means all characters running in different directions, and it makes the camera completely unplayable. GARBAGE.

Turfster

The conversation choices are also hilarious, since the other players can pick a choice... which totally doesn't matter since only player 1's choice counts. Oh, and after an aborted multiplayer attempt, I basically have AI companions from the start of the game. Very well thought out mulitplayer guys.

DS3 is pretty fun solo, but I must admit that the problems with it have become a lot more obvious now that I'm playing War in the North, which coincidentally does feature a proper co-op system too. I dunno, Obsidian suckjob who can't be trusted here, but for a fiver I'd say it's worth bashing through on your own.

Chesskid1

Banned
I dunno, Obsidian suckjob who can't be trusted here, but for a fiver I'd say it's worth bashing through on your own.

yeah a lot of the complaints are valid, but it's still well worth the $5.

for anyone who hasn't played it, the camera they are complaining about is that if you play co-op, you can't move offscreen, both players have to be on the screen and if you try to run off you can't, unless your buddy starts running with you.

it really wasn't that bad with 2 players and tbh i really enjoyed it. playing with 3+ players must make the camera problems way more pronounced i bet. i played co-op only and hardest settings and enjoyed it quite a bit.

i got it for $10 and it's probably around the max i would pay for it and feel satisfied (but i'm really cheap), so $5 is great.

MNC

Random question which I will no doubt ask again when it's on sale: How's Dead Rising 2's performance? I am aware it uses gamespy.

Turfster

for anyone who hasn't played it, the camera they are complaining about is that if you play co-op, you can't move offscreen, both players have to be on the screen and if you try to run off you can't, unless your buddy starts running with you.
Not only that, you lose all the control of the camera you have in single player. In single player you can go to over the shoulder 3PS. Forget it in multiplayer. And... why? There is NO VALID REASON not to give everyone their separate camera. But no, instead you get this bastardised thing that in 3 player mode usually centers on THIN AIR, keeping every single enemy offscreen.

It is okay in single player for 5$ tho.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
My biggest hope for for the Christmas sale is that they have a few good <$1 sales; PB Winterbottom for $0.49 and CivCity Rome for $0.90 or so were both awesome. The standard $2.50 indie sale pricepoint is good, but I'll buy ANYTHING for less than a dollar.

Edit: Also, after this year's major triumphs in finally getting VTM Bloodlines and Silent Hill Homecoming back into the sale loop, I'd like to see any other bete noir games go on sale. Max and the Magic Marker hasn't been discounted at all since it was in one of those $5 indie five-packs last fall, which is crazy. $19.99->$1 and then never on sale again? Also Dive to the Titanic has been on my wishlist for quite a while and never gone on sale.

DS3 for 5.00? For some reason I didn't even look at the PC Download option, just PC and dismissed it at 19.99. I hope its on sale on Steam this cheap come Christmas time.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Oh that I know. I meant to say I was happy dismissing it since I have other obligations, but 4.95 is harder to dismiss even though I must. Unless someone wants to trade that for a copy of Oblivion GOTY I have in my inventory.

O sounded like u were dismissing it because it wasn't directly on steam lol.

For the Holiday Sale I want:
Postal 3 (Probably won't happen)
RAGE $20 or $15 USD
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood 60-75% off
Assassin's Creed: Revelations 50-60% off
Hard Reset 60-75% off
NBA2k12 50-60% off or NBA2k11 60-75% off
Sims 3: Pets DLC 60-75% off
Rochard 50% off
Saints Row 3 DLC 50-60% off
Arkham City DLC 50-60% off

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Demigod has appeared in the registry, so it seems that it'll be the next of Stardock's games to appear on Steam.

What's left after that? Ubisoft has publishing rights for Political Machine / 2008 AFAIK and I can't imagine anyone would want to work out any rights issues there since anyone who wants to will presumably buy Political Machine 2012 if they make it, Corporate Machine is a better match for GOG based on its age and Take 2 might have the rights to it anyway, and then I guess there's GalCiv1 and lol Elemental.

Spl1nter

What's left after that? Ubisoft has publishing rights for Political Machine / 2008 AFAIK and I can't imagine anyone would want to work out any rights issues there since anyone who wants to will presumably buy Political Machine 2012 if they make it, Corporate Machine is a better match for GOG based on its age and Take 2 might have the rights to it anyway, and then I guess there's GalCiv1 and lol Elemental.

:(

I really hope the next Elemental expansion/game is good. I really want a good 4x tbs game.

Aselith

:(

I really hope the next Elemental expansion/game is good. I really want a good 4x tbs game.

I'd imagine it will be. Stardock makes good games. I think it's like Wardell said in his mea culpa letter, he just got too close to the project and shouldn't have been the one in charge of deciding when it was ready as well. I'm sure they'll find a way to work it out properly for future games.

Have you played it recently? They've been releasing a lot of patches for it so it may actually be quite a bit better than you remember it. I haven't played it since near launch myself and it wasn't mind blowing but I didn't think it was terrible either. Just not up to their usual standard.

Derrick01

Banned
I don't even know what I want for the christmas sale. I've bought every big game this I wanted this year except MW3 and Assassin's Creed, and I don't expect MW3 to go lower than $45 or AC to go lower than $25 (though I could be tempted to bite at $25 depending on how much I have available).

I have a wishlist made in case I win this contest but other than a $5 Morrowind GOTY there's nothing on there I desperately want for a cheap price.

Then again I said this during the summer sale and somehow spent $150.

IrishNinja

The Witcher 2 $20 (preferably $15)

would make my day, Deus Ex HR too but its prolly gonna be a while till it hits $20 i imagine. would think about double dipping on Sonic Generations for a similar price.

i missed psychonauts at $5, gotta get that next time. Jade Empire, Gun and Lost Horizon for $5 would pretty much do it for me.

-PXG-

For the Christmas sale, all I want is:

Rage ~$25
SSFIVAE $15
Alice/Bulletstorm $10
Costume Quest $5

Alice has been 10 bucks twice already. Where have you been? I'd expect someone with a JSRF (though that art is from Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing) to be better than that :p

I should switch back to one of my JSRF avatars, and go back to my roots.

XeroSauce

I don't even know what I want for the christmas sale. I've bought every big game this I wanted this year except MW3 and Assassin's Creed, and I don't expect MW3 to go lower than $45 or AC to go lower than $25 (though I could be tempted to bite at $25 depending on how much I have available).

I have a wishlist made in case I win this contest but other than a $5 Morrowind GOTY there's nothing on there I desperately want for a cheap price.

Then again I said this during the summer sale and somehow spent $150.

It's an uphill battle, friend.

Alice has been 10 bucks twice already. Where have you been? I'd expect someone with a JSRF (though that art is from Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing) to be better than that :p

I should switch back to one of my JSRF avatars, and go back to my roots.

:D

But seriously, every time it went on sale, I didn't have any money to buy it. D:

AusGAF - I am away from home right now using an unfamiliar internet connection (NSW Telstra on Steam). I'm getting fluctuations between 30kb/s and 2.0mb/s, anyone know if this is to be expected on Bigpond?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Honestly, I'm just kind of looking forward to Daily deals of games I don't know much about, but some user here is going to sell me on it. You know, the typical smaller budget/indie titles.

Outside of that, Most of my wish list are titles simply there till they get down to cheaper prices with a mild interest to play. Only three I'll probably pick up are Hunted(75%), Bulletstorm(66-75%), and Portal 2(75%). With Bulletstorm and Portal 2, I've been quite anticipating to play, while Hunted just seems like one of those unpopular games I'd probably dig. I'd probably pick up other ones too. Like if AvP gets down to 2-3$, Same with Dark Void. Basically crap to most people, but for some reason lots of those games appeal to me.

Next Summer is when I'll be picking up most of the titles that recently came out for under 10$. Of course, while waiting till Winter to pick up the hits from earlier next year. Heh. Being 6-8 months behind and saving 40-50$ or more from launch.

Mrbob

Killing Floor may not be the best game ever made, but it sure is damn fun.

Great time fighting wave after wave of enemies with 5 other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom