• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

:D

But seriously, every time it went on sale, I didn't have any money to buy it. D:

Well, either stop eating out so much, ask a friend to buy your beer/weed or tell your girl (...or man) that you got no cash.

I finally got Alice recently when it was on sale for $10. I looks and plays well, even for a console port. I'm disappointed with the music so far. Nothing stands out. Just a lot of ambient stuff. The art is amazing though, so much so, I'm getting the art book.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
AusGAF - I am away from home right now using an unfamiliar internet connection (NSW Telstra on Steam). I'm getting fluctuations between 30kb/s and 2.0mb/s, anyone know if this is to be expected on Bigpond?

If it's a wireless connection, then yes. Otherwise, no.

Well, either stop eating out so much, ask a friend to buy your beer/weed or tell your girl (...or man) that you got no cash.

I finally got Alice recently when it was on sale for $10. I looks and plays well, even for a console port. I'm disappointed with the music so far. Nothing stands out. Just a lot of ambient stuff. The art is amazing though, so much so, I'm getting the art book.

Well, fine. Come the 19th, I'll have $15 set aside just for Alice Pbbbbt...

Spl1nter

I'd imagine it will be. Stardock makes good games. I think it's like Wardell said in his mea culpa letter, he just got too close to the project and shouldn't have been the one in charge of deciding when it was ready as well. I'm sure they'll find a way to work it out properly for future games.

Have you played it recently? They've been releasing a lot of patches for it so it may actually be quite a bit better than you remember it. I haven't played it since near launch myself and it wasn't mind blowing but I didn't think it was terrible either. Just not up to their usual standard.

With the semi-recent 1.4 patch im sure its a decent game now. With that patch stardock/brad basically said this is the game they wanted at release. I havent played it with all the other games that our available. I didnt really follow all the patches that closely so I dont know just how drastically they changed the game systems. Nevertheless, Fallen Enchantress looks a lot more like what fans and stardock aimed for originally, a large living rpg-style world. Hopefully with Brad focusing only on AI we have GalCiv2 level AI and race variation. It added life to the universe and made that game a classic.

If it's a wireless connection, then yes. Otherwise, no.

It's cable extreme, so 17mbit (in theory). So weird, it might just be that the games I'm downloading aren't on the local CDN since DOTA2 came down really quickly but Dungeons of Dredmor and Monkey Island both took forever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's cable extreme, so 17mbit (in theory). So weird, it might just be that the games I'm downloading aren't on the local CDN since DOTA2 came down really quickly but Dungeons of Dredmor and Monkey Island both took forever.

That may be it, but even then the speeds shouldn't be erratic. In my experience, Internode's content server is the most comprehensive (within Australia, at least). Set it as the preferred content server and see if that helps at all.

Nelo Ice

Banned
i feel like you guys are trying to tell me something here.

this is awesome; might see how the holiday sale goes first, then jump on this one if it's not as low. thanks guys!

It's for today only and from what ive seen Amazon has had lower prices than steam for many games.

Tenck

Where do I look for the Steam key of Deus Ex? Just bought it from Amazon and you guys said it's a Steamworks game :eek:

Edit: Nevermind. I thought it was a separate key from the serial one they give you :p

wilflare

Where do I look for the Steam key of Deus Ex? Just bought it from Amazon and you guys said it's a Steamworks game :eek:

amazon home page
top right hand corner
"Your Digital Items"
click on Game Library thingum
you should see a list of your purchased games and the code

confused

Banned
Looks like Konami is kicking off the christmas sale a week early :

Battle : LA
SAW
Silent Hill : Homecoming
Puzzle Chronicles

All 33% off through Jan 2, 2012

That's actually a really good way to describe it. Games we never would have thought of buying suddenly look appealing at a low enough price.

I look back at the fall sales, my first major steam sales, and now There's nothing I want.

Well, there's still things I want buck can't play because I have only a Mac and won't have a gaming rig before several month or even a year.

So for Christmas sales, I won't buy any games that I can't play now.

Indieroyal X-Mas Bundle description said:
The titles to be offered will include an exclusive, specially remastered adventure game compilation debut (Steam for PC, Desura for PC, DRM-free PC download), an unlikely-themed multiplayer FPS (Steam for PC), a cult puzzle action game (Steam for PC and Mac, Desura for PC, DRM-free PC download), and an overlooked sim-action title (Desura for PC, DRM-free PC download).

I'm betting the unlikely-themed multiplayer FPS is Shattered Horizon. Not sure on the rest except I know that debut game showed up in the registry, I just forgot the name.

That's actually a really good way to describe it. Games we never would have thought of buying suddenly look appealing at a low enough price.

Unfortunately, then you end up buying some real stinkers. I've been trying out some of the games I never got around to recently and hating them extravagantly. I want my dollar back.

IrishNinja

Saw was...well, it was a forgettable rental but i didn't hate it. Homecoming not being < $5 tells me knoami doesn't want it being purchased anymore.

Max and the Magic Marker hasn't been discounted at all since it was in one of those $5 indie five-packs last fall, which is crazy. $19.99->$1 and then never on sale again?
i jumped on that indie pack largely because max looked like good fun and was discounted so heavily. :smugdog:

not that i have played it or any of the others included though. well, besides toki tori which i was also anticipating and let me just say that game flat out delivered.

ok i lied i just wanted to stealth buy secret of the magic crystals

oipic

A quick thank you to everyone in this thread who spoke highly of Orcs Must Die. Positive vibes here led me grab it during the recent daily deal, and I just had my first crack at it - 'tis much fun indeed.

Highly recommended if/when it pops up on sale once again (or even at full price, I dare say).

Zzoram

I look back at the fall sales, my first major steam sales, and now There's nothing I want.

Well, there's still things I want buck can't play because I have only a Mac and won't have a gaming rig before several month or even a year.

So for Christmas sales, I won't buy any games that I can't play now.

Maybe you should just install Windows and bootcamp?

mrgone

The IndieRoyale Xmas bundle is up if anyone's following this thread and not that thread :)

This time it's:
The Blackwell Trilogy - Three adventure games from Wadjet Eye Games aka The Gemini Rue people
Eets - The albino love child of Lemmings and The Incredible Machine
Dino D-Day - Yup, it's 4.5gb of nazi dinosaurs
The Oil Blue - It's an oil drilling sim of sorts that looks interesting, and it's the odd one out this bundle with no Steam key. edit: Forgot to mention, made by a GAFfer, chubigans :)

Joe Molotov

woo, Blackwell Trilogy!

It's probably worth pointing out as well, that the other exclusive Indie Royale/Steam title (Scoregasm) still isn't available for sale on Steam yet.

MRORANGE

The IndieRoyale Xmas bundle is up if anyone's following this thread and not that thread :)

This time it's:
The Blackwell Trilogy - Three adventure games from Wadjet Eye Games aka The Gemini Rue people
Eets - The albino love child of Lemmings and The Incredible Machine
Dino D-Day - Yup, it's 4.5gb of nazi dinosaurs
The Oil Blue - It's an oil drilling sim of sorts that looks interesting, and it's the odd one out this bundle with no Steam key. edit: Forgot to mention, made by a GAFfer, chubigans :)

>_<

C7c5T.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom