• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
HOARD is listed as achievable, and the thieves in Santa Hats show up in game, and the main menu makes reference to the holiday sale, but the achievement isn't listed in the achievements list. I'm assuming that means it is not achievable.

Baha

HOARD is listed as achievable, and the thieves in Santa Hats show up in game, and the main menu makes reference to the holiday sale, but the achievement isn't listed in the achievements list. I'm assuming that means it is not achievable.

It is achievable, I got it 2 days ago. Play on a Treasure map, the kills are cumulative, it took me 2 games to get 10 kills.

My HOARD stats page, it's the last achievement received "Ruin Christmas": http://steamcommunity.com/id/BahaFS/stats/HOARD

The Jamestown one wasn't on the achievement list for me but it still unlocked.

legend166

What are the chances Shogun 2 goes lower during the Christmas sale? Pretty slim, right? I'm thinking at best it might go to $7.50?

Stuff it, I'll buy it now and just include it in my $100 Christmas budget.

Anyone willing to gift?

mrgone

What are the chances Shogun 2 goes lower during the Christmas sale? Pretty slim, right?

I'm guessing it'll probably show up as a daily, but if it's 75% off there you'd only end up saving $2.50 over what it is today. Personally I'd wait - it's a Steamworks title, so if anyone else has a crazy sale on it you'll have it on Steam anyways

ArjanN

The Jamestown one wasn't on the achievement list for me but it still unlocked.

Hidden achievements. Most games have them. (usually to avoid showing you spoilers)

They don't show up in the normal achievement list until you get them, but you can see them by going to "view global achievement stats".

SmithnCo

I wonder how easy the achievements for free to play MMOs like CrimeCraft or Champions will be. I'm not going to bother if they take a while or make you pay for anything.

jgminto

The Sequence cheeve is now available. You just have to beat the second enemy on the first stage. Super easy. Took me about 10 seconds.

Just got the Beathazzard one and it was really fun.

edit: hmm it seemed to of despaired from the achievement list o_O.... or its not showing up....and you only need to survive for five minutes...

Their Christmas achievement requires winning a poker hand with 3 of a kind, all kings. I think the odds of getting that hand are something like 0.2%

are you fucking with me

I also noticed there's a Puzzle Agent 2 cheesemint? But I bought the game from Telltale already. Sad. ):

Audiosurf was another really easy one.

A lot of these seem like cute little challenges to show off Christmas stuff, then you've got Poker.

You´ll probably have the Super Meat Boy also. The achievement for the summer camp prize ticket was pretty ridiculous in that game.

BioHazard

I think I'm going to try and get all the achievements again this year, doesn't look like I need that many more games for it. I'll probably wait til Monday instead of starting early, I suppose

SmithnCo

You´ll probably have the Super Meat Boy also. The achievement for the summer camp prize ticket was pretty ridiculous in that game.

There's an exploit for that one, making it pretty easy. Even normally though, it would be a lot less mind-numbing and time-consuming than Poker, there would actually be a sense of progress whereas Poker is straight-up luck.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
There were numerous requirements on the Christmas cheevo that prevented me from being a little more creative with it, but it's SUPER easy to get, so everyone should have a nice, easy one for your Christmas hunting.

Plus, you know, every member of this forum gets Sequence for free, so that helps, too.

Man, I wish you had a blog or something so that we could get a behind the scenes look at how stuff like this gets put together from an indie dev's perspective. But I'm assuming there is a NDA/gentlemens agreement about such things. I'd love to hear about the process behind giving everyone a gifted copy of your game, and what steam's policy is on that.

Feep

Banned
Man, I wish you had a blog or something so that we could get a behind the scenes look at how stuff like this gets put together from an indie dev's perspective. But I'm assuming there is a NDA/gentlemens agreement about such things. I'd love to hear about the process behind giving everyone a gifted copy of your game, and what steam's policy is on that.
Is a gentleman's agreement one where one gentleman shoots the other gentleman in the face with a pistol if the agreement is broken? Yeah, I think this is that.

I *can* tell you that Valve is awesome, and I can generate as many codes as I'd like. One of the guys over there was, like, "Are you *sure* you want to do this?" when I told him why I needed a gajillion codes, and I assured him I was. = D

LogicStep

Question

Bulletstorm isn't available on Steam for me for who knows what reason. How can I find out if it goes on sale if I can't even see it so I have a friend from the states gift it to me?

ArjanN

Is a gentleman's agreement one where one gentleman shoots the other gentleman in the face with a pistol if the agreement is broken? Yeah, I think this is that.

I *can* tell you that Valve is awesome, and I can generate as many codes as I'd like. One of the guys over there was, like, "Are you *sure* you want to do this?" when I told him why I needed a gajillion codes, and I assured him I was. = D

Haha, awesome.

TGMIII

So do we know for sure if it's going to be a ticket system like summer. I sorta scared to start unlocking the achievements now and then not get anything when the event goes live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom