• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acidote

2jmKU.png

:(

MRORANGE said:
your code should be safe, I guess it means a limited amount of codes given,

wilflare said:
you should be able to redeem it later. just save the code on your email or something

whew... okay I was scared it was like the MS points thing where they were giving out multiple copies of the same code.

Herla

That Orcs Must Die thing is tempting but, as safe as it might seem, I really don't like to register for services that may or may not charge you sooner or later :/ I'll just wait for a discount...

Firehead

drizzle said:
There's an option to stop the auto-renewal process. However, if you turn auto renewal on again, your CC/Payment info shows up in there.

I'll try to change to a generated CC number later, but if auto-renewal is off, I don't see a problem.

Ugh, it won't even take my debit cards. Dammit ._.

Oh well, thanks for posting about the awesome deal anyway, wilflare!

dani_dc

Didn't manage to get a key, spent the last five minutes trying to get a key and it would just redirect me to another page.

Infact it happens as well with the Sanctum DLC.

Scythian said:
Is Football Manager that popular? Is it even good?

I haven't played it for a few years as it got a bit samey, but if you're into football, it's fantastic taking the team you support to glory. And yeah, it's pretty huge, over 60K concurrent players on Steam today and a lot of the players will be Steam newbies.

Gav47

dani_dc said:
Didn't manage to get a key, spent the last five minutes trying to get a key and it would just redirect me to another page.

Was it the sign up page for Prime? Thats what happened to me, it just wanted me to keep signing up for a Prime account despite the fact I had already completed the process.

dani_dc

Gav47 said:
Was it the sign up page for Prime? Thats what happened to me, it just wanted me to keep signing up for a Prime account despite the fact I had already completed the process.
Yeah, thats' what happened to me as well.

Finally got it to redirect me to the right page after using CCleaner, but now the codes are gone. Ah well, I'll just auto-turn off renew and hope that they get more codes later on as unlikely as that is.

New DLC is out for Orcs Must Die!, it's called Artifacts of Power and features some new weapons. Dunno if I'll pick it up, I mean, after paying for the base game and all.
s-rolleyes.gif

The Mana Legend said:
Goddammit, codes ran out. I just tried signing up, wasted 5 minutes of my life, and ended up getting nothing out of it. ;_;

Worst part is that now IGN has my credit card info T_T

And yes, I turned off the auto-renew, but still :S

wilflare

dani_dc said:

redirect to a fileplanet sign-in page?
you need to login from there and the code page appears

garath

Madrugador said:
Worst part is that now IGN has my credit card info T_T

And yes, I turned off the auto-renew, but still :S

Yeah, I wouldn't do it just for that reason. I'm being very stingy where I share my credit card info online now a days.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Cant beilieve I was able to snag a code despite being at school, forgetting my password, and using the slowest possible comp at the lab lol.

Also grabbed the sanctum dlc as well thanks for the heads up whoever mentioned it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Thanks for posting the OMD deal. I got one, but they really weren't kidding about keys being limited.

The Mana Legend said:
Everyone who wants the best racing game of this gen, get GRID. <3
Really? I completely hated the demo.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
There's much more money in my bank account than my credit card limit so NO.

O i didnt tie my paypal acct to my bank account lol. And theres currently not much in my debit card anyway.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Codes were gone for OMD by the time I got there.

At least I got the Sanctum DLC
and a freakin sweet video game babes pdf, bro
so it's not a total loss.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hmm.. IGN Prime members get 15% discount on any game on Direct2Drive.

Both Skyrim and Saints Row III are Steamworks. Saint's Row III is even cheaper. Comes out for 38 bucks. I'm thinking about it....

I'm looking for a Generic Direct2Drive coupon, but I can't find any...

Askani

Yeah, I managed to snag Orcs Must Die and Sanctum DLC from this. Thanks for the heads up.

Emailed myself the codes to enter into Steam when I get home. Hopefully they work!

Flunkie said:
Are you shitting me?! Fuck, I really wanted Orcs Must Die too. Fuck my CS class, good for nothing.

I've been coding professionally for over 10 years, and working primarily as an architect for the last 5, and I have no degree. So you're right.

Flunkie

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:
I've been coding professionally for over 10 years, and working primarily as an architect for the last 5, and I have no degree. So you're right.
That's super encouraging. I'm switching majors after today. Woot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom