• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
drizzle said:
Hmm.. IGN Prime members get 15% discount on any game on Direct2Drive.

Both Skyrim and Saints Row III are Steamworks. Saint's Row III is even cheaper. Comes out for 38 bucks. I'm thinking about it....

I'm looking for a Generic Direct2Drive coupon, but I can't find any...

I got in on a pretty nice IGN promotion where you got 2 years of Prime + BF3 for $80. Not sure if it's still on or not.

The 30 day Prime trial is stupid...I'm a paying member and missed out on OMD because of that. Boooo!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
TheExodu5 said:
I got in on a pretty nice IGN promotion where you got 2 years of Prime + BF3 for $80. Not sure if it's still on or not.

The 30 day Prime trial is stupid...I'm a paying member and missed out on OMD because of that. Boooo!
Missed as in didn't get in time to get the keys?

That does really suck...

Just to point out, I bought both Skyrim and Saint's Row: The Third with the 15% discount from IGN. You know what, this IGN thing was pretty good. One free game and another almost 15 bucks savings on two games (Saint's Row the third was even cheaper). Awesome.

Card Boy

Banned
How do i check my Mass Effect 2 key so i can add it to Origin without installing the game on Steam? Right clicking doesn't bring up a key unlike Dragon Age.

MRORANGE

Gez said:
How do i check my Mass Effect 2 key so i can add it to Origin without installing the game on Steam? Right clicking doesn't bring up a key unlike Dragon Age.

you could not register steam copy of ME1 onto Origin, i think the same may apply for ME2

Lothars

Gez said:
you have to start the download than it will give you the option for the key.

Askani

Askani said:
Yeah, I managed to snag Orcs Must Die and Sanctum DLC from this. Thanks for the heads up.

Emailed myself the codes to enter into Steam when I get home. Hopefully they work!

Aaaaaand worked. Thanks again.

I see how you are steam. You don't want me to add the cursed crusade to my wish list like some ungrateful punk. You want me to buy it now by removing the add to wishlist option. Very clever, but I am on to you.

PaulLFC

Renegade Ops says "This game will unlock in approximately 22 hours" - since it's 1:44 am, it'll very nearly be the 27th by the time it actually unlocks. I'm anticipating another delay.

Scythian

The Cursed Crusade page is kinda buggy, it doesn't have a Wishlist option, it shows the "buy The Cursed Crusade" twice, and when I hover over it in the New Releases tab on the Home Page apparently all 12 of my friends own the game and 20 recommend it.

Scythian said:
The Cursed Crusade page is kinda buggy, it doesn't have a Wishlist option, it shows the "buy The Cursed Crusade" twice, and when I hover over it in the New Releases tab on the Home Page apparently all 12 of my friends own the game and 20 recommend it.
All of my friends own it and there are 75 recommendations for it. If only that were true.

L00P

K.Jack said:
Details please!
I think the game is fun, but it is pretty short since I reached the final boss in a matter of minutes. Still haven't beaten it though, since I'm getting my ass handed to me for who knows how many times now. The difficulty seriously spiked in the final area.

It's not really an RPG since there are no stats, no leveling up, no anything. Just lots of random encounters and a bunch of guns.

I only really bought it because I love Serious Sam and I think the battle system is hilarious. Probably not worth five bucks to most people

3chopl0x said:
wat

It gave me a 360 key and there was no PC option :s

EDIT: Nevermind, got it!

Where did you find the PC key? Is the 360 one universal because that's all I see.

Edit: Oh dur. Didn't realize that thing at the top was to choose a system. Thought it said available for the three. :p

Uriah

drizzle said:
Hmm.. IGN Prime members get 15% discount on any game on Direct2Drive.

Both Skyrim and Saints Row III are Steamworks. Saint's Row III is even cheaper. Comes out for 38 bucks. I'm thinking about it....

I'm looking for a Generic Direct2Drive coupon, but I can't find any...

$40 download on Amazon for SR3.

Caerith

Chavelo said:
Grid and Back To The Future on sale as the Midweek Sale(s).

Grid - $3.74 - http://store.steampowered.com/app/12750/
Back To The Future: The Game - $10.00 - http://store.steampowered.com/app/31290/?snr=1_4_4__40_1
DL5UG.jpg

This is heavy.

Card Boy

Banned
Fuck the Witcher 2 on Steam man. First of all i try to launch the game and it tells me it has to convert files. I'm like OK Dragon Age converted fine and didnt download the whole game again. So what happens the Witcher 2 downloads the whole 8gigs as part of its 'conversion'

1.5 to 2 hours later the Witcher 2 is done and downloaded, i then try to launch it and it has a 100% crash rate when trying to launch a new game, tutorial, arena or my old save. I then make the mistake of verifying my files. Guess what happened? Again the Witcher 2 is downloading the whole 8 gigs again.

Apprently CD Project RED broke the Steam overlay and thats what was causing the 100% crash rate.

I reckon i have downloaded this bloody game like 50gig's worth when it should only be like 100 meg patches.

NBtoaster

Eurgh, regretting GTA4. Gameplay doesn't really appeal to me (and the camera controls are stupid). I thought it at least would look pretty, but nope it's just BLOOM everywhere. And doing the mod thing is too much of hassle/impossible to do with the Steam version so bleh

Trying that Saints Row thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom