• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
epmode said:
Gemini Rue is good. That Blackwell series from the same publisher/developer is even better.

It's nice to see that these guys are finally on Steam though! It sure took a long time.

(Steam codes for previous owners pls)

Non-Steam owners can request a Steam key:

Bobby Truffles said:
@WadjetEyeGames: If you bought Gemini Rue from Wadjet Eye, contact me and I'll give you a steam unlock code. Once I get them, anyway!
@WadjetEyeGames: Regarding the unlock codes for current owners of Gemini Rue, email me please! http://t.co/t0jGMrWN

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Stallion Free said:
Gemini Rue has achievements/cloud saves?

Success.

Adventure games are a genre I think that could really benefit from achievements actually and I'm typically a person that doesn't care about them. They could be used to change how you interact with certain characters, or for exploring different paths in the game's narrative. I doubt there is anything as sophisticated as that here though. It's probably just a bunch of "clear chapter 1" style achievements.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Zero-Crescent said:
That's surprising, because I remember them saying a while back that Steam rejected it when they first submitted it. Guess they must've fixed whatever problems Steam had with it and resubmitted. Good thing, since this looks like a really good point-and-click.

Honestly, I think it probably has more to do with attitudes within Valve changing than the game being "fixed."

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
morningbus said:
Adventure games are a genre I think that could really benefit from achievements actually and I'm typically a person that doesn't care about them. They could be used to change how you interact with certain characters, or for exploring different paths in the game's narrative. I doubt there is anything as sophisticated as that here though. It's probably just a bunch of "clear chapter 1" style achievements.
Telltale games have had some really neat trophy sets (PS3 achievements lolololol) that they then fail to bring over to PC :(

Lissar

Reluctant Member
morningbus said:
To be fair to Valve, there is a glut of point-and-click adventure games that don't really have a place on Steam. They're often fairly cheap looking, or otherwise low quality, and ask for fairly steep prices, like $25.00 for something that is done in flash or that adventure game maker engine.

I can admit this and I'm a fan of adventure games.

No excuses on Gray Matter and the Black Mirror series! Though actually I have physical editions so I can't complain (and I don't really blame Valve for it since I don't know what the situation is. It could be the publisher stalling or just not wanting them on Steam. I have no idea so I can't pass judgment. I just find it exceedingly curious.)

Volcynika

Lissar said:
No excuses on Gray Matter and the Black Mirror series! Though actually I have physical editions so I can't complain (and I don't really blame Valve for it since I don't know what the situation is. It could be the publisher stalling or just not wanting them on Steam. I have no idea so I can't pass judgment. I just find it exceedingly curious.)

I asked the publisher before Gray Matter's US release if it would be on Steam, but they just directly told me it wouldn't. Not sure if they got declined or what.

Sanic

Glass Rebel said:
Yup, sending you the key per PM in a minute.

Edit: Oh fuck, I meant SpaceChem. :( I'm sorry. You still want it?

Actually, no, since I don't really have any interest in that :). Thanks anyway!

Tomodachi

LastWindow said:
I would love to see the Black Mirror series on Steam. I've never actually played any of them.
Same here, never played them but really would like to.

And I really would like to see Gray Matter too. I woulndn't buy it (I already own it and don't want yet to play it again), but the game really could use some more visibility via steam sales and such. It's a pity, really.

Viva Media has put a lot of games on Steam so I'm surprised Gray Matter hasn't been released on it. I've e-mailed other developers in the past who have made a particular point-and-click about their game getting put on Steam and I'm always told "Valve doesn't see the genre as profitable so they're reluctant to put them up," or something along those lines.

Sanic

If you haven't noticed the thread, indieroyale.com is doing something similar to the humble bundle. Basically, you can pay $2 or more to get four games, three of which can register on Steam.

Anilusion

Pandoracell said:
If you haven't noticed the thread, indieroyale.com is doing something similar to the humble bundle. Basically, you can pay $2 or more to get four games, three of which can register on Steam.

BgLu3.jpg

Basically, if you just bought Gemini Rue, you got fucked. Apparently you don't get a steam key for that one though.

Tomodachi

LastWindow said:
Viva Media has put a lot of games on Steam so I'm surprised Gray Matter hasn't been released on it. I've e-mailed other developers in the past who have made a particular point-and-click about their game getting put on Steam and I'm always told "Valve doesn't see the genre as profitable so they're reluctant to put them up," or something along those lines.
:O
If Valve really is pushing off point-and-click adventures, respect -10 :(

Everyone get Gemini Rue so they may rethink this over :)

Detox

Anilusion said:
Basically, if you just bought Gemini Rue, you got fucked. Apparently you don't get a steam key for that one though.
Do you think the dev will give Steam keys for those who buy from this bundle? If he is I will jump on that bundle.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tomodachi said:
:O
If Valve really is pushing off point-and-click adventures, respect -10 :(

Everyone get Gemini Rue so they may rethink this over :)
I don't get why Valve will allow some games on the store, like all the hidden object stuff, but not others. It's really weird.

Of course, I broke down and bought Gray Matter from Gamestop/Impulse anyway, so I guess it's moot now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Anilusion said:
http://i.imgur.com/BgLu3.jpg[/IMG

Basically, if you just bought Gemini Rue, you got fucked. Apparently you don't get a steam key for that one though.[/QUOTE]
The price of the pack is going up pretty fast. It may soon cost more then just Gemini Rue by its self. A clever selling technique.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
SO bought that pack. Only Sanctum seems a bit less appealing, but someone here said it was good. Really wanted Nimbus for a while now, ARES looks good and Gemini Rue intriguing. I wonder if one of those future packs will have Project Black Sun. That kind of thing is my bag, yo.

Scythian

Tomodachi said:
Really? I liked it more and more as I progressed through it.

At the beginning, controlling the three different characters only to meet at the same place in order to get trapped in the Trine was the highlight of the game for me, it was amusing.
But as I advanced through the levels they felt uninspired IMO, and became kinda frustrated with the combat and the endless waves of enemies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
confused said:
Someone please hook me up with this bundle, I will repay you as soon as funds clear in my Paypal account.

PM me your e-mail address.

Edit: Every time I try to help out I'm beaten by mere seconds. :p

Sysgen

Steam Key | There currently is a bug which is causing us to issue duplicate Steam keys. We hope to have this resolved in a few hours, so please try again then or watch our Twitter for updates. Very sorry for the inconvenience!

Hope I can get a Steam key for Gemini Rue

Card Boy

Banned
Gvaz said:
Do you know how to computers?

It doesn't install it to a specific unknown directory, steam downloads the files to a directory in steamapps/common/*foldername* within the location steam was installed to and then just adds the game to the registry . If it's in the wrong folder, just move it to the right one.

Did you try deleting clientregistry.blob? Really snuggler can you put this in the top of the OP for future reference for anyone having steam issues:

Steam doesn't work/run/make me breakfast, why?
Delete ClientRegistry.blob and restart. Still does it? Do it again.
It's still not working!
Delete everything but steamapps and reinstall to that folder.

Nope deleting clientregistry.blob doesn't fix the Witcher 2 download. Even if i cut paste the Witcher 2 folder, uninstall it from Steam, put it back it back and install it, it does its 'finding existing Witcher 2 files' and it STILL DOWNLOADS!

The game is beyond effed up on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom