• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

Vamphuntr said:
If you use a credit card through paypal then all is fine.
I just went through the same thing with a credit card - for purchases under $4 Paypal (Canada) seems to give you no other option than to put at least $5 into your account (or $10, or $15). It sucks. You might be able to opt out of it in the US, though.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Renegade Ops finally, finally, finally comes out, even though none of my worthless friends give a damn anymore, plus the Wadjet Eye guy hooked me up with a Gemini Rue code on Steam after I emailed him my receipt. Today was a good day.

So Halloween sale starting tomorrow? I hope we see some actual surprises, not just the usual discounts.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Zombie Salsha Shark sent me a message saying the first 2 people to quote this can get a copy of either Sanctum or Nimbus. Have at it.

Chesskid1

Banned
what is this

So8Ec.png

legend166

GuiltybyAssociation said:
Renegade Ops finally, finally, finally comes out, even though none of my worthless friends give a damn anymore, plus the Wadjet Eye guy hooked me up with a Gemini Rue code on Steam after I emailed him my receipt. Today was a good day.

So Halloween sale starting tomorrow? I hope we see some actual surprises, not just the usual discounts.

What's this about getting a Steam key for Gemeni Rue?

I just bought the Royal Bundle.

Nelo Ice

Banned
legend166 said:
What's this about getting a Steam key for Gemeni Rue?

I just bought the Royal Bundle.

After the bundles over, the dev for gemini rue is gonna give out steam keys to bundle purchasers.

Also I think guiltybyassociation already bought geminue rue straight from the dev and anyone who bough it before the steam version came out just has to contact him with proof you bought it to get a steam code.

Sinatar said:
Zombie Salsha Shark sent me a message saying the first 2 people to quote this can get a copy of either Sanctum or Nimbus. Have at it.

Salsa gave me the keys to give so don't sweat it.
Qatar and UnluckyKate check your PM's

Semblance

Yeah, I bought Gemini Rue back when it came out through Wadjet Eye, not the indie bundle. I emailed the guy with my receipt asking if I could have a Steam key and he hooked me up. Pretty cool.

legend166

Nelo Ice said:
After the bundles over, the dev for gemini rue is gonna give out steam keys to bundle purchasers.

Also I think guiltybyassociation already bought geminue rue straight from the dev and anyone who bough it before the steam version came out just has to contact him with proof you bought it to get a steam code.

Awesome.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Source or am I missing it?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
kamspy said:
Man. Steam has become my go to chat client for talking with buddies. Since BF3 came out, my friends list has been a barren wasteland though. :/
Heh. I currently use a 3G internet connection that absolutely hates Skype.

So whenever I want to talk with friends, we just have a friendly chat over some Portal 2 or something. Works flawlessly.

Chesskid1

Banned
graywolf323 said:
I don't remember it being anything that big

list of stuff on sale during halloween 2010. decently big i guess.

Aliens vs. Predator $9.99 old price $19.99
Alter Ego $14.99 old price $29.99
Amnesia: The Dark Descent $13.39 old price $19.99
BioShock $4.99 old price $19.99
Boom Rails $4.99 old price $9.99
Burn Zombie Burn! $4.99 old price $9.99
Dark Fall: Lost Souls $6.79 old price $19.99
Dead Space $9.99 old price $19.99
Devil May Cry 4 $9.99 old price $19.99
Dracula Origin $4.99 old price $19.99
Ghost Master $2.49 old price $4.99
Ghostbusters: The VideoGame $9.99 old price $19.99
Haunted House $9.99 old price $19.99
Left 4 Dead Bundle $14.99 old price $29.99
Nation Red $3.39 old price $9.99
OverLoad Complete Pack $7.49 old price $29.99
Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition $4.99 old price $9.99
Resident Evil 5 $14.99 old price $29.99
Silent Hill Homecoming $19.99 old price $39.99
Team Fortress 2 $9.99 old price $19.99
Worms Reloaded $9.99 old price $19.99
Zombie Bowl-o-Rama $2.49 old price $9.99
Zombie Driver $4.99 old price $9.99

Truespeed

Sinatar said:

What's with the proxy? Doesn't Salsa know you can communicate from beyond using your avatar picture?

Narag

Truespeed said:
What's with the proxy? Doesn't Salsa know you can communicate from beyond using your avatar picture?

They're no longer external so he may not have access to the user cp if banned.

Truespeed

Narag said:

Ah, that's right. Someone got a perma ban for doing that. I thought it was quite clever - Mods didn't, though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Narag said:

You can't access GAF at all when banned unless its cookies (log-in information) are cleared from the browser, although I assume simply logging out would also work.

Edit: On second thought, you'd likely still see the ban message when clicking the log out button since the ban is forum-wide and logging out redirects you to a "All cookies cleared!" page.

Semblance

Bro, we need to play again. It's been a good minute since I've thrown down in AE, my Juri needs some practice.

Well, play when the game is fixed, anyway.

Nabs

Bro, we need to play again. It's been a good minute since I've thrown down in AE, my Juri needs some practice.

Well, play when the game is fixed, anyway.

Oh, definitely. I haven't played in a while myself, I miss trolling with Gen.

morningbus said:
Thankfully Games for Windows LIVE pushes out updates super quickly.

Faaaaack. I'll see you in December :(

Just in case anyone was confused for some reason, this thread is not the place to discuss how to circumvent GAF bans nor the place to actually do it.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Renegade Ops works okay for me so far, no black screens of doom.

If the VC++ redistributable fails because of a newer version, rename "installscript.vdf" to "installscript2.vdf" in "..\Steam\steamapps\common\renegade ops" to stop the first time installer process on subsequent runs.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have one key for both Nimbus and Sanctum that are of no use to me. Quote this post and state your preference if you're interested.

Edit: Sanctum has gone to slidewinder.

Edit 2: Nimbus has gone to Andvary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom