• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

So is anyone wanting another Steam friend?

I'm on a Mac and I use my Steam to support indie devs and such, I don't have many games because I play mostly on my consoles. But some friends could make my Steam look more alive on the not so frequent times I open it!

Trine 2 is coming soon and that game is going to so awesome.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Foliorum Viridum said:
So Batman is weeks late and £35.

Not a good move. It's a shame I couldn't grab a copy off that Hard forums guy for £15. I don't want to buy this game at full price since they're fucking the PC userbase.

Look on eBay for Nvidia codes, or alternatively here (just under £24).

Lothars

Foliorum Viridum said:

Not a good move. It's a shame I couldn't grab a copy off that Hard forums guy for £15. I don't want to buy this game at full price since they're fucking the PC userbase.
I would check ebay like another poster suggested, I got my copy for 30 dollars and probably could have cheaper but decided just to get it sooner than later.

I am going to post this in here because I don't think there is another thread better suited.
I got my xbox 360 controller usb adapter in the mail yesterday, I installed the driver and i hold the sync button on both the adapter and the controller but it doesn't sync. The controller light just slowly blinks for ever... any idea how to make this work?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Lets first assume your likely 3rd party version isn't crap/incompatible with your controller.

First, push the button on the USB connector, wait till it starts flash. Let go of button. Then, turn on the Xbox 360 controller, by hitting the home button. After it is on, hold the Sync button on the 360 controller (Which is on the top), till the home button lights start going in a clockwise pattern. It should sync up within 2 seconds are so.

goodfella

Foliorum Viridum said:

It's £27 for me? If you go into the page you get a discount I think.

Drkirby said:
Lets first assume your likely 3rd party version isn't crap/incompatible with your controller.

First, push the button on the USB connector, wait till it starts flash. Let go of button. Then, turn on the Xbox 360 controller, by hitting the home button. After it is on, hold the Sync button on the 360 controller (Which is on the top), till the home button lights start going in a clockwise pattern. It should sync up within 2 seconds are so.

Meh i give up. It came in a 360 package but it is probably some china rip off. I will tryon my laptop too see if its the device thats messed or the driver

Volcynika

goodfella said:
It's £27 for me? If you go into the page you get a discount I think.

There's a discount (at least in North America) if you own Arkham Aslyum or Lego Batman on Steam, he might not have it? Dunno.

plc268

I'm sure it's been asked (and answered), but is there a chance of getting a steam key for Gemini Rue from that indie royale bundle?

Anyway, I bought the bundle for just that game, so I'm sharing the rest. Quote this post to see the keys. Post if you've taken a key. Thanks.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
plc268 said:
I'm sure it's been asked (and answered), but is there a chance of getting a steam key for Gemini Rue from that indie royale bundle?

Anyway, I bought the bundle for just that game, so I'm sharing the rest. Quote this post to see the keys. Post if you've taken a key. Thanks.

Yeah, they've said they will add Gemini Rue keys after the bundle sale is over.

Tambini

plc268 said:

Thanks, I got Nimbus :)

plc268

morningbus said:
Yeah, they've said they will add Gemini Rue keys after the bundle sale is over.

Ah ok. Since I have so many games on my plate right now, I think I'll wait until I get a steam key to play through Gemini Rue.

DLC of the year: http://store.steampowered.com/app/65235/

‘Can anyone here drive a train???’ Answer this desperate call and rescue the people from zombies in this spooky Halloween pack for Train Simulator 2012! A wicked witch is turning the whole population into zombies, and almost everybody around you is falling under the spell. There’s only one thing for it – get the survivors onto a train and get them out of there, pronto! Trains vs. Zombies is a fun and spooky Halloween-themed scenario pack for Train Simulator 2012, with one or two surprises in store…

With a zombie plague in full swing, you find yourself in Oxford amongst a group of survivors, one of whom is The Professor. He has the entry code to a secret bunker beneath Paddington Station, and will lead you all to safety as long as you can drive everybody there! Starting out from Oxford Station, unexpected happenings along the way mean you will be in for a bumpy ride – and a few train changes! You need to get away quickly, as the zombies are hard at work ripping up the tracks, though with a little Halloween magic, a few missing pieces of track won't stop you getting away…

With zombies, witches, pumpkins and some pretty unusual train driving, Trains vs. Zombies is a spooky way to spend Halloween… dare you get into the cab?

StuBurns

Banned
animlboogy said:
GoG is such a great service, though. They were smart enough to realize that Steam is already there, and nobody wants to have two software services at once, so they simply don't have one.

It covers a different niche. Just get it off there and make a Steam shortcut, you won't be disappointed.
I will when the time comes I've killed my purchased backlog and go to the stuff I've missed out on, but I'd still much rather it be on Steam, and if it was I know I'd have bought it already, that's all I meant. I'm not against using GoG or anything.

Nabs

It's funny because the patch isn't even an important one. I'm pretty sure it's just to improve lighting effects.

Looks like Killing Floor is getting some Halloween DLC
hldsmailhalloweenkftf21.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Renegade Ops is phenomenal. I found the character for me and when the gameplay clicks it feels wonderful. The game also has dynamic button prompt changing, rumble support, and it looks great.

Nabs said:
It's funny because the patch isn't even an important one. I'm pretty sure it's just to improve lighting effects.
Excuse me, but some of us find lighting effects to be important. I have really been enjoying the new shadow tech that makes my screen completely black at start up. The black levels look great on my tele.

Nabs

Stallion Free said:
Excuse me, but some of us find lighting effects to be important. I have really been enjoying the new shadow tech that makes my screen completely black at start up. The black levels look great on my tele.

SSFIV:BF3 Edition

Sanic

I realize i'm a few days late on this but any opinion on The Haunted: Hells Reach? Just noticed it on the Steam front page and it looks pretty interesting.

Joe Molotov

BTW, I'm not sure if anyone cares or not, but a while back I remember someone posting that Green Man Gaming said that you wouldn't get Gordon in Renegade Ops if you bought from them because it was a Steam-exclusive deal (which didn't really make sense to me because the game is Steamworks anyway, but whatever). Well I bought it from GMG anyway using a coupon, and it turns out you do still get Gordon anyway because I played some with him this morning.

Just a heads up if anyone was still thinking about ordering Renegade Ops from GMG and was worried about that.

You all told me Vampire never went on sale! Three times this year... Bought for 15 or so during the Summer Sale and yet to play it :(

So with this Halloween sale, are there also daily deals or just everything on sale at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom