• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Cubemen! I think someone mentioned it as being better than it had any right being, and that the developer was obsessively updating it, so I'll probably pick it up if I didn't already buy it. Good deal.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Look at what the delay to the start of the Summer Sale has done to this thread.

Steam 2012 thread 1 - January 3rd - March 27th to reach the half-way mark (81 days)
Steam 2012 thread 1 - March 27th - June 10th to finish the thread (76 days)
Steam 2012 thread 2 - June 10th - July 4th to reach the half-way mark (25 days)

We'll need a third thread by the end of July if the sale doesn't start soon.

Nabs

Wait, why is it a troll? Are you referring to it being part of the cube collection deal a while back?

The developer behind it was the one who mentioned the July 12th date, but no one believed him. I'm not sure it was part of that cube deal, but it did have a week long sale alongside it.

Hinomura

Oh well, I suppose no summer deals for me, since I leave on Monday and I'll be back the 30th (meanwhile, no internet and no mobile internet at all). I'll shift my purchases to winter deals...

or, even better, I'll use the CC load to preorder Cyberpunk collector's edition as soon as it's possible to!

Still excited but am disappoint...

If Amazon brings Sniper Elite V2 there will only be about three games I'll be buying from the Steam sale. I've bought four or five from Amazon that I had originally planned for Steam. :(

Blizzard

Banned
The developer behind it was the one who mentioned the July 12th date, but no one believed him. I'm not sure it was part of that cube deal, but it did have a week long sale alongside it.
Ahh okay, I forgot that was the guy (or one of the two).

I kind of doubt Valve picks sale games on purpose but it would be funny if they put up things like Hate Story just to troll.

padlock

You know what just occured to me. Game designers are always talking about how they want to take the player on an emotional roller coster.

Longing, hope, sadness, anticipation, etc.

I've gone through all of those waiting for this sale. Valve has created the ultimate meta-game!

Nabs

Ahh okay, I forgot that was the guy (or one of the two).

I kind of doubt Valve picks sale games on purpose but it would be funny if they put up things like Hate Story just to troll.

Honestly, it probably wasn't intentional, but I want to believe. When the SPUF was hacked they put Day of Defeat as the daily deal, so they do have a sense of humor.

DSmalls84

Found a fix for my Max Payne 3 issue where it would crash at launch. You can set the game to launch in compatibility mode with Windows Server 2003 and it will play but only in DX9. Still better than not playing at all though.

KingKong

Still excited but am disappoint...

If Amazon brings Sniper Elite V2 there will only be about three games I'll be buying from the Steam sale. I've bought four or five from Amazon that I had originally planned for Steam. :(

same here, bought MP3, Darkness 2, Binary Domain and thinking of getting some collections. Also a bunch of other sales starting next week. All games I would have bought on Steam Sale :|

I'm kind of tired of Valve being this tight lipped. Not just about the sale but stuff like the TV UI, better way to organize games, anything that's going on with Steam

ArjanN

Adding in so many "Summer Sale 2012" entries in to the registry pretty much confirms some type of big sale. As to when that sale is we don't know.

As I own most everything I want on Steam, the most exciting thing for me about these sales is usually the achievement hunt stuff. Well, and some games coming to steam that weren't there before, or only in certain regions.

Lookie here what I got today.

oAnoo.jpg

Needless to say, I'm looking for clues.

I haven't been able to play any games in like 10 days now due to sale anticipation.

Watching through Firefly for the first time though, on episode 11, so good.

KingKong

What I would really, really love is the ability to hide games. Even Origin has that. Sure I can put those games in their own category but those reset all the time and the only way to add categories is one by one

louiedog

What I would really, really love is the ability to hide games. Even Origin has that. Sure I can put those games in their own category but those reset all the time and the only way to add categories is one by one

You bought Bad Rats and now you have to live with it.

PolishQ

Found a fix for my Max Payne 3 issue where it would crash at launch. You can set the game to launch in compatibility mode with Windows Server 2003 and it will play but only in DX9. Still better than not playing at all though.

Were you getting the bug where it would show the copyright notice screen and then freeze? I was able to solve that one by updating my graphic card drivers.

atomico

SFxTekken isn't available for my region in Steam.

How do I know if by purchasing it through Gamestop or Gamersgate I'll get a product key I can add to my Steam games?

sazzy

So just booted up Binary Domain...

Holy shit the controls are all over the place. Seems like a fine game but man, shit controls.

W/e its Sega so piss poor controls and production is kinda expected.

DSmalls84

Were you getting the bug where it would show the copyright notice screen and then freeze? I was able to solve that one by updating my graphic card drivers.

Yeah but I have an Alienware X-51 and it uses an OEM Nvidia 500 series card that isn't officially supported by the beta drivers they release. I think the drivers will work, but I don't think the optimus will switch on the fly anymore so I would need to get a mini hdmi to hook directly to the gpu.

Volcynika

How do I know if by purchasing it through Gamestop or Gamersgate I'll get a product key I can add to my Steam games?

Unless they have keys specific to Steam (which I doubt), you can't add it to your Steam games and associate it with your account. Only thing you can do is add it as a non-Steam game. And I'm betting it's not available for your region on Steam due to GFWL (which isn't supported in all regions).

kswiston

I actually play more games during Steam sales than I do at any other point in the year thanks to their metagames included in the last few sales.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So just booted up Binary Domain...

Holy shit the controls are all over the place. Seems like a fine game but man, shit controls.

W/e its Sega so piss poor controls and production is kinda expected.

I wonder whose idea was it to map reload to the scroll wheel instead of R.

I remapped the controls to what dragonlife posted in the Amazon thread.
cT8hs.png

kswiston

If you play Binary Domain, you have two options:

A) play with a pad
B) Remap the Keys

I chose option A. The default keys are horrible. Especially for the squad talk stuff if you are not using a mic.

I usually like KBM for PC shooters, but in this instance I think the 360 controller feels more natural.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

It won't. Only versions of the game purchased through Steam will actually be on the service (for that particular game).

If it's not available for you, only way to get it is to make somebody gift it to you.

nexen

Even with the controller the controls kinda suck for Binary Domain. Sometimes I need to press 'B', sometimes 'A'. Sometimes it picks shit up automatically. Sometimes I have to press a button. It is not logically consistant.

Also...Big Bo....STFU already. He is strangely endearing but jesus he talks a lot.

Blizzard

Banned
I wonder when offline mode will be working again. Cheap games don't help if I cant play them.
Can you describe your situation? PC, or laptop? Wired to cable modem, or router, or nothing at all? Do you need to play in offline mode because of no access (armed services deployment) or because of unreliable connection?

Exactly what error message(s) do you get from Steam when you launch it in offline mode?

There may be some things you can do to get it working depending on the situation. Disabling the ethernet adapter from the control panel is the main one. Anyway, if we know more we might be able to help you out. :)

atomico

And I'm betting it's not available for your region on Steam due to GFWL (which isn't supported in all regions).

I'm not really sure. I have been able to redeem Xbox full game codes before, even for stuff that's locked in my area. E.g. Alan Wake on Games on Demand, (which I can't otherwise buy). Not sure if it'd be the same with GFWL

SFxT was listed on Steam back when it was up for pre order, but it was pulled. Same with Arkham City and Super Street Fighter IV. Oddly enough, I got Arkahm Asylum from Steam (also GFWL) and it works perfectly. I do have to keep my hotmail adress info set to USA.
Microsoft is weird like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom