• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
When has Blizzard actually ever posted a release date and missed it? They always say "when it's ready".
They released Diablo 3 half finished, I'd say that's probably worse. I wish they had delayed it more.

Also, they kept pushing back the date for release of Diablo 3 so I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic.

Torchlight II will release after every game it was originally meant to be filler for comes out first.

Devs said late July/August. TL2 seems to seriously have the worst timing. First it was supposed to release around D3 (right?) now it's releasing near guild wars 2/Dark Souls

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well as long as its coming in Summer...

I wonder if, should the event that it wouldn't come out, would Steam refund?

aristotle

Runic hasn't given a date for T2 either, then.

And they have given a date. My point still stands. It is taking them way too long though from my perspective from the beta.

hahahahahahah, that is all.

That would be fine if their games were worth the wait like they used to be.

Your point? They gave only one release date: May 15th.

They released Diablo 3 half finished, I'd say that's probably worse. I wish they had delayed it more.

Also, they kept pushing back the date for release of Diablo 3 so I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic.

They still haven't ever missed a release date AFAIK. I don't see the issue with my statement since it's correct based on facts from Blizzard's entry on wiki.

Either way, I hope the summer sale starts soon. None of the indie bundles interest me in the slightest unfortunately. I'd rather buy the indie games from the humble bundles.

Just grabbed Dead Island; GOTY edition for $15 from Greenman with their 25% voucher. A good deal? The game's not bad, right?

It's janky as hell. I played for like 3 hours on the PS3 version and never touched it again. I also got it day one though. $15 for it shouldn't be too bad.

They still haven't ever missed a release date AFAIK. I don't see the issue with my statement since it's correct based on facts from Blizzard's entry on wiki.

http://www.neogamr.net/news/diablo-iii-release-date-delayed-again-to-q2-2012

In early 2011, Blizzard said they were targeting a release for Diablo III by the end of that year. Then in September, the company admitted the game's release was pushed back to "early 2012". Today's announcement means that Diablo III won't be released until, at the very least, April 1 and possibly as late as June 30.

Anyone who followed the game knows how many times the release was pushed back.

Edit: http://www.giantbomb.com/news/yep-diablo-iii-has-been-delayed-again/3977/ for people who prefer Giantbomb

And to be perfectly blunt: They have never once announced an actual date and missed it. Expectations are not release dates people!
Sorry but you're being pedantic. They announced they were releasing the game in a certain time period and they failed to deliver on more than one occasion.

Weenerz

Banned
Loving those custom images.

8aP6Z.jpg

aristotle

Sorry but you're being pedantic. They announced they were releasing the game in a certain time period and they failed to deliver on more than one occasion.

Whatever. I'll use dictionary definitions and facts, you use whatever makes you feel right. :D

That was said tongue-in-cheek btw.

Enough derail...

Summer sale starts today right?

Whatever. I'll use dictionary definitions and facts, you use whatever makes you feel right. :D

That was said tongue-in-cheek btw.

Enough derail...

Summer sale starts today right?
It's cool, kind of beside the point anyway :p. Not much point of hitting a date release if the product you release isn't finished.

Technically correct is the best kind of correct.

Summer sale today guys. Right?

Absolutely terrible game. People tell me it's better with a friend though, but I don't think a game is worth it if it has to be co-op to be fun.

It is much more fun with a friend- it is much easier and faster to deal with the hordes of zombies when you have at least one other person.

Plus it is a fairly quiet game mid-mission so it is nice to have someone to chat with.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Absolutely terrible game. People tell me it's better with a friend though, but I don't think a game is worth it if it has to be co-op to be fun.

I had a blast with the game. Put a lot of time into it. Played and beat it solo. Though I don't think I'll ever play it again.

legacyzero

Banned

LOL I find that Derrick has a love it or hate it attitude towards games. But he's usually pretty close in his opinion.

I DO have to disagree about your hate about Dead Island though. It's not terrible by any means. It's not GOTY material, sure. but certainly worth $7.50 to $15.

1-D_FTW

LOL I find that Derrick has a love it or hate it attitude towards games. But he's usually pretty close in his opinion.

I think that's pretty normal though. I tend to only post about games I really love or really hate. Everything else isn't worth the effort of posting. Although it can run the risk of appearing schizo.

Not a daily but Offspring Fling is 50% off: http://store.steampowered.com//app/211360
[edit]Nvm, now it has the daily countdown.

I'll buy that!

Also I'm sad there wasn't even a sale ramp up today :(

Don't know why it wouldn't work, but it's a great game. Worth the $30 or so I bought it for earlier.

I saw some guy yelling about it's terrible issues and how it wouldn't start, but I haven't seen anyone else with problems. PC Gaming tm etc.

I think you'll be fine Ookami. And yeah it's worth your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom