• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

Are we getting a "bloody" JaseC Avy? I hope so.

ZZ1E89B460-550x288.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are we getting a "bloody" JaseC Avy? I hope so.

ZZ1E89B460-550x288.jpg

I did make one from the first batch of stills that were released last year, however the scene is missing from the trailers. Pity there's no shot of Saoirse's character basking in the bloody waterfall as that would've been great.

JaseC

Does anybody know if buying Resident Evil Revelations on GMG gives you the Pre-Order bonuses on Steam? I'll guess not, since you only get a key for the game AFTER the game is released, right?

Your guess is correct.

Edit: To clarify, even if you did receive a key pre-release, it wouldn't be considered a Steam pre-order. You need to purchase via Steam to receive the rewards.

iavi

Does anybody know if buying Resident Evil Revelations on GMG gives you the Pre-Order bonuses on Steam? I'll guess not, since you only get a key for the game AFTER the game is released, right?

Ordering from anywhere other than Steam doesn't give you Steam's bonuses. Sometimes GMG will list the same bonuses, though.

Wok

I would be up for doing that.

If anybody is interested just let me know and we can save some $$$s

I would be interested. Would you have two slots?

Edit: I am from Europe and I went with the 4-pack directly on the dev website. Each copy of the 4-pack has cost me 8 euros. If you want one copy from me, it is okay, yet I feel this would not be the best price because of the paypal fees + foreign exchange. All included I believe it would cost something like 11 dollars.

ramine

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I have some spare keys for whoever would like :)
First come first served!

//gone Beat Hazard (Steam)
//gone Beat Hazard Complete (Steam)

Escape Goat (Desura)

PS: about to go out for dinner, will PM the keys when I get back

sulc84

Banned
Hey guys, I have some spare keys for whoever would like :)
First come first served!

Beat Hazard (Steam)
Beat Hazard Complete (Steam)
Escape Goat (Desura)

PS: about to go out for dinner, will PM the keys when I get back

Beat Hazard Complete (Steam) please ?

Okay a friend of mine has a small issue.

He bought Dead Island from GMG but for some reason it won't activate, saying it isn't available for his region (Switzerland). The store page doesn't make any mention of that and GMG support hasn't gotten back to him after sending two support tickets. I suggested to him that if they still fail to resolve this he could try to activate it via an US VPN using Spotflux or Tunnelbear but still wanted to check with you guys. He should be safe from Gaben as long as he doesn't buy any games that way, right?

He bought Dead Island from GMG but for some reason it won't activate, saying it isn't available for his region (Switzerland). The store page doesn't make any mention of that and GMG support hasn't gotten back to him after sending two support tickets. I suggested to him that if they still fail to resolve this he could try to activate it via an US VPN using Spotflux or Tunnelbear but still wanted to check with you guys. He should be safe from Gaben as long as he doesn't buy any games that way, right?

Didn't they ban people who activated a Russian serial through Steam in the US? Or am I not remembering correctly.

Phinor

A random thought but did he use a proxy to buy from GMG? I've seen people end up with US region locked keys because they use a US proxy to get cheaper prices.

JaseC

Today's Daily is 75% off the Spore franchise
Weekend Deal #1 is 75% off Portal 2 ($4.99 individually, $8.75 for the four-pack [$2.19 per head] or $6.25 for the Portal Bundle).
Weekend Deal #2 is a Free Weekend for and 50% off Worms Revolution ($7.49 individually, $22.49 for the four-pack [$5.62 per head] or $45 for the Worms Collection)

ShaneB

Kinda want CoH 2. Any impressions floating around yet? I enjoyed CoH and MoW.

I believe you can "like" the CoH facebook page for a beta invite. :) General impressions seem pretty solid regardless from what I've seen. I played the beta for a bit, but I'm cluesless with CoH, so I didn't really know what I was doing :p

I believe you can "like" the CoH facebook page for a beta invite. :) General impressions seem pretty solid regardless from what I've seen. I played the beta for a bit, but I'm cluesless with CoH, so I didn't really know what I was doing :p

Ah, thanks for that! I checked that page out, but they want full access to your facebook profile. Understand it's a give and take thing, but that seems to be asking a lot. However, thanks for the feedback, I think I'll check out some youtube clips and see how much has improved on the original CoH.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Today's Daily is 75% off the Spore franchise
Weekend Deal #1 is 75% off Portal 2 ($4.99 individually or $8.75 for the four-pack [$2.19 per head] or $6.25 for the Portal Bundle).
Weekend Deal #2 is a Free Weekend for and 50% off Worms Revolution ($7.49 individually or $22.49 for the four-pack [$5.62 per head])
I can't check the prices right now, but the Portal games are always cheaper in South America. So if you have a friend over here, you can get them for less.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I can't check the prices right now, but the Portal games are always cheaper in South America. So if you have a friend over here, you can get them for less.

The discount didn't kick in yet (not in Brazil anyway). It's still showing as the equivalent of U$16.99 for the game.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
There's no FPS cap.
It uses frame doubling for the foreground (where the action takes place), probably due to the physics. So that portion runs at 30fps effective. But the background runs at a full 60fps. Unless they patched that really recently.

ShaneB

Ah, thanks for that! I checked that page out, but they want full access to your facebook profile. Understand it's a give and take thing, but that seems to be asking a lot. However, thanks for the feedback, I think I'll check out some youtube clips and see how much has improved on the original CoH.

I figured you could just "like" the page, get your code, activate it, and "unlike" it after? *shrug* I did that when PC Gamer did the same thing.

I figured you could just "like" the page, get your code, activate it, and "unlike" it after? *shrug* I did that when PC Gamer did the same thing.

Probably, but I'm sure that'll give them enough time to take any information they want. I'm just being overly arsey!

FloatOn

worms revolution is really nice to look at but the physics are so weird. doesn't feel like the worms I grew up with at all.

reloaded is the way to go if you are going to get a worms game on steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom