• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just completed Mark of the Ninja and wow, that game was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The hype that GAF gave it is well-deserved
Well done, young padawan. The force is strong with you.

Now Spec Ops: The Line play you must, if so haven't you done.

Caerith

It's kinda funny that of all the good GAF-recommended games that came out in 2012, Mark of the Ninja is probably the most expensive.

It's kinda sad that of all the good GAF-recommended games that came out in 2012, Mark of the Ninja is probably the most expensive.

Fixed for personally accuracy, all the huge big budget games from more established developers have really been slipping in innovation/gameplay/fun factor compared to these indie games.

HoosTrax

I'm kind of despising Fatshark right now. I'm trying to find War of the Roses mods for Mount and Blade, to try my hand at some revisionist history, and I'm being utterly foiled by the presence of their failed hack-and-slash game in the Google results.

Caerith

Fixed for personally accuracy, all the huge big budget games from more established developers have really been slipping in innovation/gameplay/fun factor compared to these indie games.
Well, that too. I'm disappointed with Diablo 3 and Darksiders 2 (so far) and I can't remember what other "big" games came out. I think it's not so much that the establishment has been slipping as it is they don't know what they're doing.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, Binary Domain is the superior narrative-heavy third person shooter due to all of my Big Bo shipping fanfics.
I hated the writing of that game, though Big Bo was the only character I didn't utterly hate (along with another one whose name I can't remember). The game was fun to play, except for the dialogue parts, or the terrible mouse aiming (and no, I can't aim with an analog stick).

Yeah, it will be good to show him the other side of recommendations.
You didn't like Spec Ops? You are still a good person.

Well, that too. I'm disappointed with Diablo 3 and Darksiders 2 (so far) and I can't remember what other "big" games came out. I think it's not so much that the establishment has been slipping as it is they don't know what they're doing.

Don't get me wrong... I love game's like MoTN(check out my avatar).

I guess I mean sarcastic-sad, as in point and laugh kind of sad, so I guess we meant the same thing in the end.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's a narratively-interesting game that's completely uninteresting to play.

It does do a good job distracting you from its shooting with a good use of music and pretty locales though.
I may have to replay it then, I don't seem to recall hearing any music at all. I mean, I'm sure there was, right? But it didn't leave any impression on me, neither good nor bad.

Caerith

I may have to replay it then, I don't seem to recall hearing any music at all. I mean, I'm sure there was, right? But it didn't leave any impression on me, neither good nor bad.
There was this guy on the radio. A sort of radio man, you might call him. He might have been mentioned once or twice? Anyway, I think maybe he might have listened to music in his spare time.

Not to mention the rendition of the Star Spangled Banner in the opening was Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock, which, all things considered, is cute.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
There was this guy on the radio. A sort of radio man, you might call him. He might have been mentioned once or twice? Anyway, I think maybe he might have listened to music in his spare time.

Not to mention the rendition of the Star Spangled Banner in the opening was Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock, which, all things considered, is cute.
How the fuck could I not notice that? It'd be like playing Max Payne 3 and not hearing
"Tears" playing in the airport level.
I'm ashamed of myself now. I don't feel like a hero yet.

Caerith

How the fuck could I not notice that? It'd be like playing Max Payne 3 and not hearing
"Tears" playing in the airport level.
I'm ashamed of myself now. I don't feel like a hero yet.
Not noticing the music is like fish not noticing water: understandable, if they were busy screenshotting all the graffiti.

Wok

Bientôt l'été will be released on Steam, according to the registry.

Valve is really into art games nowadays:
  • The Graveyard,
  • Blueberry Garden,
  • Windosill,
  • Fatale,
  • Dinner Date,
  • Inside a star-filled sky,
  • The Cat and the Coup,
  • Dear Esther,
  • Sword & Sworcery,
  • Thirty Flights of Loving,
  • McPixel,
  • To the Moon,
  • Little Inferno,
  • Proteus,
  • Bientôt l'été.

Tizoc

1+2+exp - briliant games once you get used to controls
3+exp - unplayable nightmare until you install community patches

This collection doesn't include 4+exp.

Cool, where can If ind the community patches at? Will grab it later today when I get back from work.

EDIT: Oh and GG offer both a Steam code and the ability to dl the game from their servers?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Not noticing the music is like fish not noticing water: understandable, if they were busy screenshotting all the graffiti.
Believe it or not, I didn't take any screenshot in that game. I meant to do so a couple of times, but for reasons unknown I never did.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
EDIT: Oh and GG offer both a Steam code and the ability to dl the game from their servers?

If the games activate on Steam, Steamworks will be listed as the DRM. In this case, they're DRM-free offerings.

Munin

Gothic 1 and 2 (plus expansion) are outstanding old school RPGs, they were the dark souls of their days, challenging and rewarding.

Stay faaaaaaaaaaar away from gothic 3 and the its expension.

Gothic 3 is a fine game with the patches and mods nowadays.

Well, fuck Steam. Just logged in to find 4 identical messages as below.

7PANEQd.png

Yes, I did seem to have a problem buying this DLC and it was resolved after several attempts. I didn't even attempt to make chargebacks as it was resolved after I sent an email to Steam support and presumed linked.

edit - I've just found the email from PayPal acknowledging faults on the date I made the purchase. Sent to Steam

ngt

^Cool, thanks.
Well I'll read up more on Gothic 3 patches first before I consider giving away Gothic 3 >_>

DmC for under $20 over at this site:
http://www.buygamecode.com/buy-dmc-devil-may-cry-pc-steam-keys
Anyone bought from this site before?

G3 community patch: www.madvulture.de/wp/archives/440
G3FG community patch: http://www.madvulture.de/wp/gothic-3-forsaken-gods-enhanced-edition

With those patches G3 and its exp are playable. Not as good as G1 and G2 but not too bad either. Worth playing to complete the story at least.

I remember how poor G3FG used to be. There were quests that asked you to take npc #0001 to loc_0001 or something. Good times ;)

Tizoc

Thansk gang, I'll avoid that site, and wait patiently for it to go for $20 again.

@ngt- Will check those out, appreciate it =)

def sim

I've had to contact Steam support several times in the past few months and they've replied within two to three business days consistently.

MRORANGE

7PANEQd.png

Yes, I did seem to have a problem buying this DLC and it was resolved after several attempts. I didn't even attempt to make chargebacks as it was resolved after I sent an email to Steam support and presumed linked.

edit - I've just found the email from PayPal acknowledging faults on the date I made the purchase. Sent to Steam

That sucks, one of the reason why I avoid using Paypal on Steam. I would just tell Paypal to fix it so you can have your privileges back.

Thank for updates. I've got proof from PayPal to say that there were issues when I tried to purchase so hopefully it'll be sorted out quick.
I think it's time I used the wallet...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hey could someone help me out with the play a friends contract in Hitman Absolution? Out of 9 people on my FL who own the game, not a single one has created a contract lol.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Yes, this was a problem with Paypal during a certain time frame and Steam will resolve the issue for you if you open a ticket. I had the same exact issue and they unrestricted my account and even credited me into my wallet for the last duplicate purchase I made (which I was already refunded for by Paypal).

Anyone with this issue should open a ticket to Steam support and not get too crazy. Paypal will not be blocked for your future purchases, either.

capturer4xli.png

Anyone got any good recommendations for a mech game on Steam. Something that isn't free to play. Front Mission Evolved doesn't seem that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom