• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I wonder what the chances of Far Cry 3 being on sale are? It hasn't been on sale yet has it? It would probably be around $30?

If it is I'll probably pick it up. Just in time for some time to actually play games for Spring Break. Also it's funny to see these companies seemingly capitalize on EA's failures with SimCity.

Alien8

Getgamesgo is running a sale on F1 titles. It's 66% off in F1 2010, 2011 and 2012. All of them are steam keys. F1 2012 is at the same price than steam currently (10.19 €) but 2010 and 2011 are way cheaper, if you like to complete your steam library. (
Yes, I'm looking at you JaseC ;)
)

Addnan

Getgamesgo is running a sale on F1 titles. It's 66% off in F1 2010, 2011 and 2012. All of them are steam keys. F1 2012 is at the same price than steam currently (10.19 €) but 2010 and 2011 are way cheaper, if you like to complete your steam library. (
Yes, I'm looking at you JaseC ;)
)
F1 2011 is same price at Gamersgate +20% off if anyone has that from their little mishap. Bought that and got 2010 from get games. Played a bit of 2011, already better than 2012.

Zia

My BioShock Infinite purchase boosted the apparently-"fake" bar up to 6%. So, you're welcome.

I hadn't really looked at the TF2 items before they showed up in my inventory -- they're very nice, for those sad folks thinking about preordering only to receive the doll clothes. And they were pretty generous with the amount of items, as well. I wouldn't be at all surprised, considering how neat a few of them are and how popular BioShock Infinite might be, if the lot of them would resell for $20.

Dr Dogg

My BioShock Infinite purchase boosted the apparently-"fake" bar up to 6%. So, you're welcome.

I hadn't really looked at the TF2 items before they showed up in my inventory -- they're very nice, for those sad folks thinking about preordering only to receive the doll clothes. And they were pretty generous with the amount of items, as well. I wouldn't be at all surprised, considering how neat a few of them are and how popular BioShock Infinite might be, if the lot of them would resell for $20.

Ah ha but you underestimate the hatconomy. When Deus EX: HR came out I sold the preorder TF2 items for more than what it cost me for the game. Some people really like to play dress up. Edit: Says the guy who bought all the Sleepy Dawgs dlc so he could have Wei in a different outfit for every time he plays.

iavi

All of these megatons showing up in the registry is killing me. I NEED some announcments already. I want to buy ALL of them: FFVIII, KOF, FFVII, Naruto, Halo, etc. Holy shit.

E: like FVIII was just updated with the FVIII package as of only 7 hours ago. It's fucking coming. Just give me a date already, Squeenix!

Dr Dogg

Wait, how do you trade the TF2 pre-order items?

Well this was back before the market or inventory existed so you had to do it in game. Valve had a forum set up for trades and you had to work it out with who ever. The person sent me over the money via paypal. I thought it was odd as I wondered why they didn't just preorder it and get the game as well but they never answered my question so I assume that they either missed the cut off date or just weren't interested in the game. Some of the newer stuff is non-tradable for a few days but then it more often can be traded afterwards. Prize stuff like the Summer Sale TF2 shades and Portal 2 snorkels are still unavailable to trade.

iavi

Oh man, I think I just had a wet dream :/

Will it ever come true? If not, I may have to convince a friend to buy them on his PS3. I NEED to play those games.

Those are probably never happening. Their next game is a pretty safe bet, though.

Dr Dogg

Oh man, I think I just had a wet dream :/

Will it ever come true? If not, I may have to convince a friend to buy them on his PS3. I NEED to play those games.

It's going to be a sad day when Journey becomes a solo offline game only. Hopefully by then Sony and TGC have got a pc version in the pipeline.

angelfly

How's the built in tutorial stuff for Anno 2070 (if any)? I've been waiting for it to go on sale since it looked really interesting but I haven't played any of the games before so now that it's on sale I'm hesitating.

Tomodachi

Can anyone help me with getting Anno 2070 (only the base game) from the UK store? It's cheaper than in the Euro zone. Paypalling in advance. Thanks!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Those are probably never happening. Their next game is a pretty safe bet, though.
OK, looks like I'll have to ask my friend then. If anything, I could maybe go 50-50 with him, that way I get to play the game and he gets to keep it.

It's going to be a sad day when Journey becomes a solo offline game only. Hopefully by then Sony and TGC have got a pc version in the pipeline.
Can't you play it alone? Is the multiplayer mandatory? Is it actually as good as those .gifs make it seem?

Dr Dogg

Can't you play it alone? Is the multiplayer mandatory? Is it actually as good as those .gifs make it seem?

It's not the same! *sobs* I felt for that random soul who I only know by user name that stuck with me through thick and thin and helped me out when I couldn't make the jumps. As that oft quoted web comic shows they were probably some neo-nazi nutjob.

angelfly

I don't know about the built in tutorial, but Nanosuitninja made a Anno 2070 Beginners guide series on Youtube. It's really good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYFLhADYd3k&list=SP53A7E0841E162B15&index=5

Thanks, I'll go through those before picking it up.

I'm about 5 missions into the story and it's basically a long tutorial (similar to how old RTS games like C&C and WC2 would slowly introduce new units, abilities, and complexity). I've played 1404 and there are a lot of similar elements, so I'm not sure if there's things I would otherwise miss, but the game is pretty good about not overloading the player all at once. Really the most confusing thing is the main menu screen where you pick missions, vote, and do other metagame stuff that I haven't dug into.

That's what I hoping for. After I finish a couple of the videos I definitely think I'll be picking it up.

How's the built in tutorial stuff for Anno 2070 (if any)? I've been waiting for it to go on sale since it looked really interesting but I haven't played any of the games before so now that it's on sale I'm hesitating.

I'm about 5 missions into the story and it's basically a long tutorial (similar to how old RTS games like C&C and WC2 would slowly introduce new units, abilities, and complexity). I've played 1404 and there are a lot of similar elements, so I'm not sure if there's things I would otherwise miss, but the game is pretty good about not overloading the player all at once. Really the most confusing thing is the main menu screen where you pick missions, vote, and do other metagame stuff that I haven't dug into.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Full game and engine source code of Miner Wars 2081 released for modders. Always online requirement was also removed a while back.

This means the game might actually be fun at some point in the future.

...every customer who owns a valid Steam version of Miner Wars 2081 can download the source code from our GitHub repository, make changes, compile and run. He/she can distribute these changes as a source code or compiled DLL. The only restriction is that the work can be used only as a mod to Miner Wars 2081.

Why have we decided to release full engine and game source code?
- It increases the value of Miner Wars 2081 for existing and new customers
- You can do any change; you have the same level of control as we do. Do you want to change some hard-core stuff in our rendering engine, physics, GUI? Change AI behavior? Add a new mission? Change a shader? Change a texture or model? Make a totally new game (total conversion)?
- You are not limited by a plugin API (you have full source code for game and engine)
- Engine & game written in C#, which is a very intuitive language and luckily still with reasonable performance
- You can start within minutes, low entry barriers. See this quick 2 minute video tutorial: http://youtu.be/4z3JbBxhMYI
- You can learn from our source code, contribute to it, fork it
- Interesting modifications can get into the next Miner Wars 2081 update or our next project
- We are very curious where can this lead and if this approach would be useful for our future projects
To those who would think that we did this because we are abandoning Miner Wars: no, we are not abandoning it. In fact Miner Wars 2081 is still selling well, covers our monthly bills and we believe that this step will increase our sales.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Damn I want Anno 2070, but $16.99 is a little steep. Also in the mix is Dawn of Discovery, which I own but have never played. I shouldn't get this game. GAF do not let me get this game.

nexen

So how is the Gothic series? Looks like the Elder Scrolls from pictures.

Jankier younger brother of TES.
TES's Jankier eastern european cousin.
Gothic 1 has not aged well.
IMHO neither has Gothic 2, but that seems to the be fan favorite.
Gothic 3 was dumbed down quite a bit, but I loved it.
Risen is the best Gothic game.
Arcania: Gothic 4 is not a Gothic game. (edit: I enjoyed it anyways. Just go in expecting more of a 3rd person ARPG than an TES/Gothic game)
Risen 2 is terrible.

Nabs

This Naruto game actually looks pretty good. I'm glad Namco is going PC for almost everything now, maybe we'll finally get a Tekken title on PC.

Dr Dogg

XCOM already almost 10% unlocked.

Its happening. My spring break starts the 22nd, I might be beating Infinite and XCOM.

Well Infinite at least. XCOM is a total time sink. I've managed 9 hours and barely touched the surface (damn you Classic Ironman). Still that's 2 amazing titles for a corking price, oh and some hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom