• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been messing with the Steam API (since I'm thinking about rolling out some improvements to SteamPlaytime) and this is how much it would cost you to buy every game on Steam, right now:

$56862.92

You know, just in case you were thinking about doing so.

Actually, I'm kind of curious in how that changes over time now, especially during Steam Sales. I might have to have a script log that every day, and then look at the data in a year or so...

Actually, I'm kind of curious in how that changes over time now, especially during Steam Sales. I might have to have a script log that every day, and then look at the data in a year or so...

Probably very, very little. Putting 20 titles on sale out of thousands and thousands isn't going to move that number very much.

EDIT: and even all the 'non-daily' sales are probably a relatively small fraction of the total number of titles available.

Probably very, very little. Putting 20 titles on sale out of thousands and thousands isn't going to move that number very much.

There's usually a lot of games on sale throughout the duration, though, besides the featured ones. But yeah, there's probably not a huge dip.

Bad news for those looking to buy all of Steam during the next sale. =P

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks JaseC.

No worries. :)

So I've been messing with the Steam API (since I'm thinking about rolling out some improvements to SteamPlaytime) and this is how much it would cost you to buy every game on Steam, right now:

$56862.92

You know, just in case you were thinking about doing so.

That's less than I would have thought.

EDIT: and even all the 'non-daily' sales are probably a relatively small fraction of the total number of titles available.

During the Summer, Autumn and Winter Sales, virtually everything is discounted.

Volimar

Thought I'd let people have another crack at my coupons. Free to whoever wants it, just send me a chat request. Steam ID is in my profile:

50% OFF SpeedRunners
66% OFF Revenge of the Titans
75% OFF Jack Orlando Director's Cut
25% OFF Dungeon Hearts
50% OFF Iron Sky Invasion

That's less than I would have thought.

Yeah, me too at first. Looking at the data, though, there's 4792 apps on the Steam Store with a price attached to them, so it rounds out to an average of about $11.87 per app, which sounds about right to me. (Since that count also includes all DLC.)

Possibly a stupid question, but is I Have No Mouth in a bundle or something right now? I see everyone giving a way copies of it today all of a sudden

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Guacamelee! Gold Edition Giveaway

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Guacamelee! Gold Edition #1 -- MB-AE0C8BAF0650185E - Taken by Blitzhex
Guacamelee! Gold Edition #2 -- MB-1B6EF37E4EDDA0D9 - Taken by 73V3N
Guacamelee! Gold Edition #3 -- MB-26828D984C7BCEB9 - Taken by Jiggaloboy
Guacamelee! Gold Edition #4 -- MB-30CA8E2D1CA7200B - Taken by oipic
Guacamelee! Gold Edition #5 -- MB-4E80F44D6559DCCB - Taken by GuardsmanGreg

Oh it was added? I checked earlier and there was nothing added. Will gift mine when I get home from work then :)

This bundle is by far one of the best in months, great debut if this blink bundle thing is going to be a regular thing

Just added today I believe, and another game is coming too. Definitely one of the best bundles recently.

oipic

Guacamelee! Gold Edition Giveaway

Gee, did I refresh at a handy time, that was lucky!

Thanks again, Dupy, for your unbridled generosity - I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into Guacamelee straight away. Cheers. :)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Nice giveaway! I should look into getting that game since I enjoyed playing it with a friend for a bit last year when I was visiting.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Gee, did I refresh at a handy time, that was lucky!

Thanks again, Dupy, for your unbridled generosity - I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into Guacamelee straight away. Cheers. :)

No prob, it's a great game. Glad others get a chance to play it.

Tame

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gnomoria -- MB-542F23C8BB442E3D - Taken by Coldsun. 12 entrants total.

t1391508139z1.png
good luck

Tame

enslaved feels so much better than I remember from the ps3 demo

wouldnt mind playing it again on a nice build of the game. I played through the ps3 version thinking "great game. if only it ran faster than 10 fps and wasnt a jaggy looking mess"

_hekk05

Banned
Dupy going ham again and I missed it? Oh well thanks though :)

Well that wouldn't do!! Check your PMs!!

Edit: Also just noticed I got upgraded to full member. Must be my generosity doing work.

Double edit: Also if it doesn't work, tell me so I can maybe send it directly through steam.

Blablurn

Hope you guys like the game :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Blablurn:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Lunar Flight -- MB-FD383C724F9F7486 - Taken by jmizzal

in other news, finally a bundle with ship simulator extremes. i wanted this game since forever.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Well that wouldn't do!! Check your PMs!!

Edit: Also just noticed I got upgraded to full member. Must be my generosity doing work.

Double edit: Also if it doesn't work, tell me so I can maybe send it directly through steam.

Oh damn, thanks hekk! You didn't have to go and do that lol

Didn't work(already redeemed), but it's cool :)

Congrats on becoming a full member by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom