• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What are you talking about? Batman runs around the city going BIF and POW in bright blue spandex.

Blue?

kzhRUni.jpg

T2SFuGR.png

If you mean why you can't get past the screen with the keyboard controls, it's because SE wanted to be dicks and have you use the keyboard only for that one part. Other than that, the controller should work everywhere else.

I have my Dualshock 3 connected.
I noticed the other day when I played something I had to change the default controller (Ys, maybe) to get it to work, because for some reason my system is detecting 2 x360 controllers -- but I've tried both as "default" and neither seemed to work on the "new game" screen.

I was going to try to power through to get Yuffie for the $0.50 in playfire credit though... maybe I'll try again later.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase is being optimistic! Generally you take a more pessimistic stance in your speculations than I do.

This is a good sign, excitement intensifies.

Well, I'd like to think that Microsoft isn't completely stupid, haha.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does this f2p Prime World have anything to do with the tower defense game?

rookiejet

iTEjGcJ5riV1j.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Iesabel -- MB-BDDF53E56A14D946 - Taken by didamangi
Magical Diary -- MB-B0BCB9B0CD28A1E5 - Taken by mannerbot
Sparkle 2 Evo -- MB-6A9AFC8C3C2BB777 - Taken by KenOD
Dark Shadows -- MB-0E4377F865FCCE59 - Taken by Benedict

Come on, don't be proud.

joined playfire on friday and I already have 1 european currency built up. Not bad seeing as the only challenge I did after linking my account was to start Vice City for the first time.

didamangi

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance -- MB-58164AA95DE2B826 - Taken by Scipius
Supreme Commander -- MB-255B484B988B9BD9 - Taken by nature boy

Yes, I do. Thx :)

radMonkey

I've had a support ticket in with Playfire for over a week now requesting assistance with properly linking my Steam profile, and I haven't got a response yet. It says that my Steam profile is already linked, but that I have 0 games. Everything in my "play activity" section says Jan 1, 1970.

I've unlocked tons of achievements that should have earned rewards, but so far nothing.

I think I'm just going to give up on the service.

Just checked your account. You were affected by an old bug. I've forced a scrape on your account and your profile is up to date. Should be okay going forward. Can you let me know your ticket number so I can update it?

I think the Loadout achievements are bugged on Playfire and no-one can earn them. So don't bother

They weren't added until just a few minutes ago on the backend. The Healing Lives charity special was last minute so I didn't have time to update the system before the weekend. They should work now and backdate to Saturday.

Two things:

(1) Why can't I get my controller to work with FF7? What black magic is necessary?

(2) I just got another response from the GMG/Playfire support team. I'm starting to get irritated now. I received a blanket response about the scraping issue that affected things recently... when my credits that are missing (the vast majority of) were from prior to this issue even occurring. I noted as much in my last update, where I took the time to be honest and save them them some work by removing the credits which had actually shown up when the scraper went back to correct the missing data for participants:

After posting this, I'm not quite sure why I got the "canned" response about the credits missing for the last two weeks unless they just spammed it to anyone in the subset of open requests dealing with missing credits...

To be fair, that's my bad, not Customer Supports. Personally I hate batch CS responses but the truth is our guys have been overloaded with tickets the last few weeks due to that critical bug, so we needed to weed out which issues were fixed and which weren't as soon as possible. That we can jump on fixing any other remaining issues as fast as possible. There's a chance that the bug fix correct rewards before March 16th, but I simply don't know. I know it's a pain, but giving us a clear indication of what rewards are left that you didn't get will help us. If you give me your ticket number I'll look into.

Sorry bud.

rookiejet

Thanks for all the Dark Shadows rookiejet!

Yes, I do. Thx :)

No problem :)

I need to get back to this. I'm beginning to realise that I'm awful at finishing non-Ubi games. :p

I do too. I am halfway through, I think, and it's been consistently funny and charming. Some of the puzzles a tiny bit non-intuitive. Even then I qualify that as I'm not really adventure puzzle logic literate. And there's a really good multi-layered hint system that doesn't spoil too much if you don't want it to.

I recommend you guys check it out. The Inner World, an adorable little adventure game.

Are you ready for some GFWL2.0?

New Xbox head, Phil Spencer

Just add that to a decade spanning list of similar quotes from various talking heads at Microsoft. This is their yearly ritual. Someone from Microsoft gets trotted out and flaps their mouth bits about how "they've been discussing internally" about how PC gaming is "strong" and a "top priority". Surely their top men are on it, top men! Compare those words to their actions over the last decade. The only meaningful thing they've done is finally shutdown Games For Windows Live.

Just add that to a decade spanning list of similar quotes from various talking heads at Microsoft. This is their yearly ritual. Someone from Microsoft gets trotted out and flaps their mouth bits about how "they've been discussing internally" about how PC gaming is "strong" and a "top priority". Surely their top men are on it, top men! Compare those words to their actions over the last decade. The only meaningful thing they've done is finally shutdown Games For Windows Live.

Just let the One controller work for PC games and then they can leave us alone.

Grief.exe

I would prefer fixing up the existing GFWL games that are about to lose a great deal of functionality and are unavailable for purchase.

We already have a massive amount of quality controllers available, throwing one more onto the pile isn't going to do much. There is also an unofficial xinput solution available for the One controllers, haven't read up too much on it though.

Just checked your account. You were affected by an old bug. I've forced a scrape on your account and your profile is up to date. Should be okay going forward. Can you let me know your ticket number so I can update it?

They weren't added until just a few minutes ago on the backend. The Healing Lives charity special was last minute so I didn't have time to update the system before the weekend. They should work now and backdate to Saturday.

To be fair, that's my bad, not Customer Supports. Personally I hate batch CS responses but the truth is our guys have been overloaded with tickets the last few weeks due to that critical bug, so we needed to weed out which issues were fixed and which weren't as soon as possible. That we can jump on fixing any other remaining issues as fast as possible. There's a chance that the bug fix correct rewards before March 16th, but I simply don't know. I know it's a pain, but giving us a clear indication of what rewards are left that you didn't get will help us. If you give me your ticket number I'll look into.

Sorry bud.
Heh, no worries.
I appreciate all your help.
I already sent you a PM earlier -- it's still the same ticket number if you have our previous PM conversation... but I'll send it again, just in case.

There were a few "played for the first time" rewards that showed up from earlier, but I'm still missing all the SP achievement rewards other than that and a bunch of other credit. The fun part will be reconciling everything because it was originally earned on that alternate email address.

Anyway, I'll resend that PM earlier and send the ticket # again. Thanks.

Nzyme32

I have nothing against it, if it is at around the same lvl as origin or Battle.net and not the original gfwl. More competition for Steam and should bring some previously xb1 exclusive games to PC.

Only thing that worries me is if a service discontinues and I lose my purchases. I really need to look into how other services would tackle that eventuality.

I have a wired 360 controller I dust off every time I encounter a parametric button press on my keyboard when playing games, so I personally don't care if they add support for their new controller or not.

Grief.exe said:
I would prefer fixing up the existing GFWL games that are about to lose a great deal of functionality and are unavailable for purchase.

This would be a more meaningful thing to do, but realistically it won't happen. Microsoft can't take ownership of other publishers and developers games becoming defunct as a result of their service down. Capcom, Epic et all clearly don't see the ROI for making any such efforts. At least Take 2 and Warner Bros did.

HoosTrax

This would be a more meaningful thing to do, but realistically it won't happen. Microsoft can't take ownership of other publishers and developers games becoming defunct as a result of their service down. Capcom, Epic et all clearly don't see the ROI for making any such efforts. At least Take 2 and Warner Bros did.
They should have the power to do so in the case of Viva Pinata, since that is a Rare-made game. Not that they'll bother, but they *could*.

Grief.exe

I wasn't referring to taking responsibility for properties they do not actively control. The logistics of that would border on the impossible.

I was merely referring to the properties that they do control, Halo, Gears, Viva Pinata, etc.

I was merely referring to the properties that they do control, Halo, Gears, Viva Pinata, etc.

See, that would be a meaningful action backing up what's currently being said, they're not too good with that following through thing.

Any good videos to get me acquainted with what Age of Wonders 3 has to offer?

Look in the OT, well the two merged OT's. In the second OT post there's a few Let's Play videos. I hadn't been paying much attention to or following AoW3 and those videos sold me on the game. Which has just finished installing.

Domestic tech site published an impression article about SteamOS beta (and Steam Universe in general) and their conclusion was Valve would be better off making Half-Life 3.

lol

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
BTW, RionaaM, not sure if you knew, but Dust: An Elysian Tail's score was co-composed by Alexander Brandon (aka Siren/KFMF).

The same guy that made Jazz Jackrabbit 2, unreleased Jazz 3 and half of original Deus Ex.
Really? That's amazing! I knew Noogy had worked on JJ2, but didn't know both games also shared musicians. Thanks a lot for sharing it, those games are even more connected than I first thought.

And you reminded me that I need to get the Deus Ex soundtrack in .mp3 format. And play Invisible War and Human Revolution.

Eryi's Action is actually kind of a hilarious troll gift game.

I recommend it highly.
I got to the 3rd or 4th level. It's actually kind of funny, though something you'd want to play in short bursts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom