• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudoboi

The South Park: The Stick of Truth store page has been updated to reflect the change in publisher and release timeframe - up until now THQ was listed as the publisher and release was set to sometime in 2013.

I noticed that Steam Achievements is listed under Details - I don't know if that is new or not, I hope that this means that they are sticking to Steamworks.

pMZTgkb.png

ubisoft does that with some of their games. their AAA titles are Uplay and their smaller titles eg: call of juarez gunslinger use steamworks

Copons

Ok, now that we're back in our own cozy thread, here you are.

One of my probable GOTY, for sure the game I played most during the sale (with CSD, my god what an addiction!).
It broke the L2 spring of my Sixaxis. It's not like the guy who got tinnitus from Brutal Legend, but hey.

Enjoy this great game! Enjoy pollos!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Copons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-ACAE4D4F8D45AD7E Taken by AsylumX (but probably I was editing the post while ModBot did the same so I overrode him striking the code

Pm8s1VX.gif

And I actually used the gif that the other guy copied (or not, apparently, well who cares :D ) from me and improved, because it's so better. :D

Dr.Acula

Banned
How do I vote for the Steam game of the year? HOOOWWW?! I'm right in whatever my choice will be and I demand GAF knows it!

£85 over budget in 2013. Hopefully I can keep it under £200 this year.
Many free games thanks to the Steam market place and GAF giveaways.

Looking forward to Nidhogg, Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse, Dark Souls II, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Fortnite, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, Quadrilateral Cowboy, Sir, You Are Being Hunted, The Witness and who knows maybe The Division won't be AAA garbage.

Gonna be a good year if half of those deliver on their promises, and if not Rust will keep it real.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Woo, new thread!

Anyway, just finished limbo today. I don't know if it was because I'm a little sleep deprived, but I thought it was kind of boring. The aesthetics were good, though I stopped paying attention to them after a while to focus on the puzzles within them instead. Most of the puzzles were pretty straight forward and simple, barring a few that tripped me up like the ones that made you manipulate blocks with gravity.

As for plot, I still don't get why I did the things I did. Was it just progress for progress's sake? The ending seemed kind of pretentious too. I dunno, maybe I just shouldn't have played it all in one sitting. I didn't bother getting all the eggs because I just wanted to finish it. Maybe I'll try that less than five deaths achievement sometime.

Momentary

Banned
I need a super quick game to beat along the lines of Thirty Flights of Loving. I gotta beat 52 games by the end of the year.

I can't check my inventory at all today. I try but it's all Error 101 - everything else works fine though I think I sold all my globes :/ Odd that steam hasn't automarked them as unmarketable

I'm still kicking myself for not buying cook serve delicious. I mean it was 2.50

another time.

oh man. Move it up on the wishlist. I'm at 10 hours already since it was a flash, only thing i've played. Started out pretty calm doing 30ish orders a day, now i max out around 90ish and feel like i'm going to stroke out.

It's great

I need a super quick game to beat along the lines of Thirty Flights of Loving. I gotta beat 52 games by the end of the year.

Dark Souls

Copons

oh man. Move it up on the wishlist. I'm at 10 hours already since it was a flash, only thing i've played. Started out pretty calm doing 30ish orders a day, now i max out around 90ish and feel like i'm going to stroke out.

It's great

Man, I pulled an 88x combo and I was like I'M SO BEST, then my girlfriend took my library hostage via family sharing and sent me a screenshot with a 5-star restaurant and a 101x combo. I HATE HER, CHUBIGANS GIVE ME BACK MY MANLIHOOD
and full access to my library whenever I want :D

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm still kicking myself for not buying cook serve delicious. I mean it was 2.50

another time.

Biggest surprise for me. I'm loving it. I have put 11 hours into it so far. It is challenging and so rewarding. The gaf love for this game was spot on and well deserved. The only thing I sorta don't like is the 20 day limit thing.

4 pages already. Damn, guys.

Two pages for those of us using the superior viewing method.

FloatOn

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
Limbo
Alan Wake American Nightmare
Thomas Was Alone
Shank
Costume Quest
Tales From Space: Mutant Blob Attacks

I beat all these in 3-5 hours.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Green Man Gaming ‏@GreenManGaming 5m

Hi folks, we're aware of the site slowdown and apologise for any inconvenience. If any orders you make are affected please contact our CS

another DDoS victim? just speculating here

Man, I pulled an 88x combo and I was like I'M SO BEST, then my girlfriend took my library hostage via family sharing and sent me a screenshot with a 5-star restaurant and a 101x combo. I HATE HER, CHUBIGANS GIVE ME BACK MY MANLIHOOD
and full access to my library whenever I want :D

i saw you up there on the list. And then i dropped the hammer with a 97-combo day.

Come at me guys.

Copons

So I got started on my backlog last night with Civilization V.

That was a huge mistake.

If you have a slow computer, I'd suggest you to play a day of CSD while Civ5 loads the next turn.
In this way you'll be able to achieve the not going out ever again.

Trying to figure out what to play now that I've beaten Remember Me, besides being terrible at Spelunky. I'm thinking of re-installing Teleglitch so I can be awful at that game too.

Phinor

Great way to start clearing this backlog. I Got a 3DS last week and completely fell in love with that system. Then I kept watching Jeff Green Dark Souls stream which caused me to re-install that game. The idea was to try NG+ just for a bit, to get it out of my system. Well that's not going to happen, I'm going to finish this NG+.

I don't remember who said it but I completely agree that PC+3DS is very likely the best possible combination of any two systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom