• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So I got started on my backlog last night with Civilization V.

That was a huge mistake.

Probably the best/worst mistake ever. I had to quit playing Civ cold turkey man. The game sucks me in and I lose track of time. Plus none of my other games get any love.

I'm just disappointed Volgarr and Super House of Dead Ninjas were never put on any of the Flash sales. I could understand not being a Daily deal but most of the Community choice nominees had their own Flash sale. So disappoint. =[

ZeroCoin

all this CSD praise is driving me bananas.

I told my wife I wouldn't buy another game until March... I may need to pull a giftcard trick soon.

It really is fantastic. Haven't even hit a 1 star restaurant yet, but just having fun playing with the menu and trying new foods out.

Whatever happened to that big batch of games that got registered on Steam? Didn't someone speculate that it could be EA's return?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whatever happened to that big batch of games that got registered on Steam? Didn't someone speculate that it could be EA's return?

starting to think it was all these returning games

denx

I'm just disappointed Volgarr and Super House of Dead Ninjas were never put of any Flash sales. I could understand not being a Daily deal but most of the Community choice nominees had their own Flash sale. So disappoint. =[

If the post-Summer sale period is anything to go by, there are good chances that games that weren't featured on the Christmas sale will have dailies during the next week.

ZeroCoin

I'm just disappointed Volgarr and Super House of Dead Ninjas were never put on any of the Flash sales. I could understand not being a Daily deal but most of the Community choice nominees had their own Flash sale. So disappoint. =[

Same. I ended up getting SHoDN and the dlc. It was still a good enough deal for ~$5. I'll pass on Volgarr until another sale or a bundle shows up with it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just beat Half Life. Feels good to have played through such a classic, even if parts of it didn't hold up so well. Still deciding if I'll play Opposing Force and Blue Shift next or if I should jump straight into HL2 + Episodes.

Welp, I ask this new thread too: Any news on the Amazon List? The "first draft" wasn't very tempting, especially if the coupons won't st

denx

Just beat Half Life. Feels good to have played through such a classic, even if parts of it didn't hold up so well. Still deciding if I'll play Opposing Force and Blue Shift next or if I should jump straight into HL2 + Episodes.

Play the expansions, they're really good.

Kadin

I would jump right into HL2 myself but with that said, Blue Shift was great back when it was released. Not sure how great it holds up today. But HL2 is still great and always will be. Either way, enjoy it all.

FloatOn

captain morgan is on steam now

http://store.steampowered.com/app/264320/

1734.gif

garath

It really is fantastic. Haven't even hit a 1 star restaurant yet, but just having fun playing with the menu and trying new foods out.

I've been struggling a little bit. It's so involved that I don't even want to play it unless I have max focus lol.

Welp, I ask this new thread too: Any news on the Amazon List? The "first draft" wasn't very tempting, especially if the coupons won't st

At the latest it will go up tomorrow, the 4th, because that's when the $5 credit becomes active. At the earliest sometime today.

Nice to be back spent to much in the sale on 395 games now

Got a metal gear rising gift from a US trader and it is regionfree so only brazil / russia are locked, If any Irish gaffer wants a copy I'll give ya his steam profile :)

Dambrosi

Banned
In for the new thread!

Just got my second foil card ever, from Rise Of The Triad no less. Onto the market it goes, though the first hasn't sold yet. Hey ho.

Also, thanks to the sale, Modbot and Driftmoon, I'm now only three games away from the magic 500! I'm about to join the Master Race, guys! Wish me luck!

Lain

Missed your chance to grab a copy of Valdis Story for cheap during the last day of sale for whatever reason, and that makes you sad?
Here's another chance to get a copy of this great game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Valdis Story: Abyssal City -- MB-F6F511D175BD01D4 - Taken by The Grim Heaper. 55 entrants total.
Valdis Story: Abyssal City #4 -- MB-4F0B3E19D7117167 - Taken by Phinor. 53 entrants total.
Valdis Story: Abyssal City #2 -- MB-C05F95C95EA7E590 - Taken by _hekk05. 59 entrants total.
Valdis Story: Abyssal City #3 -- MB-8C0A6FC400C1B986 - Taken by PriitV. 52 entrants total.

t1388863869z1.png

Copons

I would jump right into HL2 myself but with that said, Blue Shift was great back when it was released. Not sure how great it holds up today. But HL2 is still great and always will be. Either way, enjoy it all.

I played BS and OF for the first time earlier last year, and I appreciated more BS than OF (even if the common opinion is the opposite), as it seemed to me less focused on shooting and more on everything else. Like it was more a "choral" game (gameplay-wise, it's not like you play with an army of people around you) instead of a simple shooter.

Kadin

Missed your chance to grab a copy of Valdis Story for cheap during the last day of sale for whatever reason, and that makes you sad?

Already own it but that's a very nice giveaway! Hope a lot of people can enjoy this great game.

Copons

fuck that man. I stick with beer, wine, chicken and fish

Fish and lobster are and forever will be (until they rot T_T ) my daily special rotation!

But I'm slowly starting to appreciate the difficulty of soup. It's so refreshing every now and then to have to actually cut ingredients instead of just typing like hell. #teamCookingMama

wazoo

Yesterday, I finished Brothers, now starting Book of Unwritten Tales, my resolution for new year is to play games !

ZeroCoin

Very nice giveaway. I haven't tried it out yet, but I've been hearing the rave reviews coming from these threads.

The Steam Store looks so ugly now that it's back to normal :/

This. During these last couple of weeks I forgot how outdated the front store looks now =/ Steam has over 2k games in there but the store front doesn't convey that quantity.

Anyway, is anyone else having enormous problems trying to access anything but the front page? Community, discussions, blotter, everything is crawling bad. Did something happen?

Tellaerin

At the latest it will go up tomorrow, the 4th, because that's when the $5 credit becomes active. At the earliest sometime today.

Has there been an update to the preliminary list in the meantime? I think EA was one of the only pubs that had gotten back to Amazon Tony at the time that was posted. I really do hope there ends up being something worth putting the credit towards. :s

denx

This. During these last couple of weeks I forgot how outdated the front store looks now =/ Steam has over 2k games in there but the store front doesn't convey that quantity.

Anyway, is anyone else having enormous problems trying to access anything but the front page? Community, discussions, blotter, everything is crawling bad. Did something happen?

DDOS attack.

Also, people rushing to the market to sell/buy snow globe cards.

Nabs

Uhh.. Speedrunners is the shit. Playing with GAF (Dunder & Kipp) is a blast.

I need to record some of this so you can see my pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom