• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

2014 is going to be the year of 2013 games for me, at least for now. But as soon as that Dark Souls 2 appears, hmmmm...!

I want to like Type:Rider, but the janky platforming and constant camera issues are not helping. The educational aspects of the game are intriguing, but are awkwardly inserted and feel very disconnected from everything you are doing in the game. I don't think I'm going to have the patience to see it through.

So I grabbed Europa Universalis IV on super-sale over at one of the stores during the sale. Figured i'd watch an "intro" video or two to get a feel for things.

oh god, what have I gotten myself into?

denx

Gonna quote this for new thread

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Don't Take This If You Already Own Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-763BE09EA6DB5B4F
Too Many Puppies / With Guns In Their Hands -- MB-B063120757393786
Co-Op With One of MakeshiftChef's Kids -- MB-E4F0C9ECD59046BD
The Doctor Wore One -- MB-788B66D6564C637E
Like 30 Lightning Strikes -- MB-5C0788D42642F496
You Can Re-Gift Any Of These Games, I Don't Mind -- MB-3DAF506EDEC2D5AD
R.I.P. Hamilton Camp -- MB-B1C311C56C851FCD
None Of These Games Are Bad Rats -- MB-C8D633886DF76947
Please Don't Clog Up The Thread With Thank You Posts -- MB-974BE301743E5C56
You Can't Be A Wizard, Only A Magic-User -- MB-5A831FCE836211DA
Be! Aggressive! B-E Aggressive! -- MB-D3BC537FBD78BE7F
Easy...But Not Necessarily Easy (ba-BUMP BUMP) -- MB-DA5CB3E208CAAE34
This Year You Overlooked An Excellent Puzzler; Remedy That Mistake -- MB-C9EC33DE3310F479
Eat Something, You Skinny Little Weirdo -- MB-75ED27EE686091A7
A Rougelike -- MB-FABA89666B59FA43
Search Query: "Tellaerin". Did You Mean: Tel'Arin | Tel'Elerin -- MB-174F3D8923E6EEC8
Chocoholics, Beware -- MB-408242B3080517A8

t1388789661z1.png

DDOS attack.

Also, people rushing to the market to sell/buy snow globe cards.

DDoS attack? Damn, well, guess I should be impressed that Steam is actually holding instead of going boom despite the attack.

Cards should be wiped out by now, right? The speculation on those must've been insane. I just hope one day we could get back to achievements in games to install stuff we probably never would've played and find gems that way... Not gonna happen.

nbraun80

Missed your chance to grab a copy of Valdis Story for cheap during the last day of sale for whatever reason, and that makes you sad?
Here's another chance to get a copy of this great game.

wonderful giveaway. Picked it up in the sale, but glad you're spreading the fun of this game. :)

Platy

Missed your chance to grab a copy of Valdis Story for cheap during the last day of sale for whatever reason, and that makes you sad?
Here's another chance to get a copy of this great game.

Thanks for the chance =D

The_Monk

That was my desired Jase and you know it, I can't believe it's happening. GMG has it for 14.99€ or something similar and if that's the price I may skip it on Day One but it's going to be mine, there is just no doubt! It's actually good to see some light, finally. :)

Grief.exe

We have to wait a whole day to get the Steam GAF GOTY???

I thought this would be our reward for making it through the Sale Thread Mr. Orange!!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That was my desired Jase and you know it, I can't believe it's happening. GMG has it for 14.99€ or something similar and if that's the price I may skip it on Day One but it's going to be mine, there is just no doubt! It's actually good to see some light, finally. :)

It's happening, Monk. There aren't enough Saoirse gifs in the world* that could express how excited I am for four region-speific apps that pertain to a single game I've lamented since 2012.

* Mostly because I'm not at home. ;) And I didn't realise until last year that Anno 1404 was yanked in April 2011. Now, Ubi, about King Kong and Tintin...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Awesome, I made the top posters list

MRORANGE

We have to wait a whole day to get the Steam GAF GOTY???

I thought this would be our reward for making it through the Sale Thread Mr. Orange!!

It made more sense to post it after the 'flurry of posts' that the first day of a Steam thread gets as well as the weekend where it should be quieter and won't annoy too many people who just want daily info on Steam news.

It's gonna be good though, worth the wait :)

Wok

If by any chance you're interested in the newly released Driftmoon, it's available in Groupees for 50 cent.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I will repost my guesses.

Don't Take This If You Already Own Toki Tori 2 Plus -- Toki Tori 2+
Too Many Puppies / With Guns In Their Hands -- Droid Assault? Gun Monkeys?
Co-Op With One of MakeshiftChef's Kids -- Cook Serve Delicious
The Doctor Wore One -- FEZ
Like 30 Lightning Strikes -- Electronic Joy
You Can Re-Gift Any Of These Games, I Don't Mind -- Warframe: Gift Pack
R.I.P. Hamilton Camp -- DuckTales
None Of These Games Are Bad Rats -- Secret of the Magic Crystals
Please Don't Clog Up The Thread With Thank You Posts -- Bad Rats
You Can't Be A Wizard, Only A Magic-User -- Magic 2014
Be! Aggressive! B-E Aggressive! -- Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
Easy...But Not Necessarily Easy (ba-BUMP BUMP) -- Offspring Fling
This Year You Overlooked An Excellent Puzzler; Remedy That Mistake -- Tetrobot and Co.
Eat Something, You Skinny Little Weirdo -- Don't Starve
A Rougelike -- Papers, Please
Search Query: "Tellaerin". Did You Mean: Tel'Arin | Tel'Elerin -- Garry's Mod
Chocoholics, Beware -- Chocolate Castle? Chocolatier®: Decadence by Design™?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Damn, Super House of Dead Ninjas is fun as hell, like a more robust Robot Ninja Haggle Man. Thanks again for the great gift, Ezra2680!

Play the expansions, they're really good.

I would jump right into HL2 myself but with that said, Blue Shift was great back when it was released. Not sure how great it holds up today. But HL2 is still great and always will be. Either way, enjoy it all.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll muse on it. The first one is quite long all things considered, so I'll give it a little time before I play any more HL. I definitely plan to go through it all though, regardless of order.

Dambrosi

Banned
If by any chance you're interested in the newly released Driftmoon, it's available in Groupees for 50 cent.
Actually, you have to buy two games out of a selection for $1 minimum, so while it does work out at 50 cents for Driftmoon, it's also 50 cents for another game on top.

The best of the rest is probably Q.U.B.E., though Blood Of the werewolf is also worth a try for the Metroidvaniacs among us.

Wok

Actually, you have to buy two games out of a selection for $1 minimum, so while it does work out at 50 cents for Driftmoon, it's also 50 cents for another game on top.

The best of the rest is probably Q.U.B.E., though Blood Of the werewolf is also worth a try for the Metroidvaniacs among us.

As an indie connaisseur and a French, I would suggest Ethan Meteor Hunter. It is very likely to be greenlit one of these days.

Grief.exe image of Always Sunny celebration to heroin
Pretty much. Sitting tidy on Dark Souls, Deadly Premonition, Civ V Brave New World, and Doom II has me set for at least six months. And with Steam controllers, Steam OS, Xenonauts, Starbound, and Wasteland 2 shipping for sure, it's looking like my year's READY.

Happy new year bestpcGAF.

amen_Dance.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Blood of the Werewolf is not a metroidvania in the slightest. its just a linear platform action game

Fallout 3 getting GFWL removed?

10 minutes ago Removed SupportsCDKeyCopyToClipboard – 0
10 minutes ago Removed ShowCDKeyOnLaunch – 1
10 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistryLocation – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp22300\SteamKey
10 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistrationMethod – registry
10 minutes ago Changed changenumber – 351679 › 365235

http://steamdb.info/app/22300/#section_history

Hopefully this is the first of the remaining games I have that use the awful service... :)

Blood of the Werewolf is not a metroidvania in the slightest. its just a linear platform action game

Yeah, I'd agree. From what time I screwed around playing it, it was a platformer pure and simple.

Unrelated: you jerk, I was totally going to gift you Ghostbusters after you proclaimed your love for it, but you went and beat me to it.
Karma can't catch up with you and reward you if you beat it to the punch. :p

It made more sense to post it after the 'flurry of posts' that the first day of a Steam thread gets as well as the weekend where it should be quieter and won't annoy too many people who just want daily info on Steam news.

It's gonna be good though, worth the wait :)

Should've just put it at the bottom of the OP that everyone reads :D

gabbo

DDoS attack? Damn, well, guess I should be impressed that Steam is actually holding instead of going boom despite the attack.

Cards should be wiped out by now, right? The speculation on those must've been insane. I just hope one day we could get back to achievements in games to install stuff we probably never would've played and find gems that way... Not gonna happen.

The dream of meta games and reason to play the games we've bought during a sale is a dream we all have, but Valve would need something to tie it to besides the sale itself.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Awesome, I made the top posters list

Yeah, but you're still a dick for not casting Saoirse Ronan as Scarelt Witch.

Oh, wait, you're not Joss Whedon. :p I love everything you do! Especially that part where you helped me get my hands on Star Trek DAC. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom