• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vastag

Gridrunner revolution is reaaaaally weird, half of the time I don't know what the hell I'm doing (same happens with Space Giraffe)

John

Macmanus said:
Uh, the xbox 360 controller was the most plug and play friendly peripheral I've ever used. On par with almost any mouse and keyboard.

What happens when you plug it in? Does the auto driver installation not work? I'm also running windows xp.

It offers to search the internet for the driver, but my computer's offline. I'll try the other one.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
PuppetSlave said:
My save for Defence grid are gone... :(

It suddenly started to download a patch for the game, after that my progress was gone.

I was on the last story mission aswell...

If you check the Steam forum for the game, I believe this is being fixed by the developers. Your save games shouldn't be lost as the patch was changing files in a different folder.

Also, Steam on Mac = fuckwin.

52club

Mario said:
We just announced Shatter for PC which will be released via Steam

----

WELLINGTON, New Zealand – March 3, 2010 – Sidhe, New Zealand's largest game production studio, today announced that award-winning its original title, Shatter® is coming to PC. Shatter PC will feature new PC-exclusive game modes including Endless Mode, Endless Co-op Multiplayer, Time Attack, and Time Attack Co-op Multiplayer.

Shatter PSN won IGN’s Best PlayStation Store Game of 2009, and the Best Downloadable Award at the Game Developers Association of Australia (GDAA) Game Developers Awards 2009. Now, PC gamers will have the opportunity to play the game, which will be available on Steam in the coming weeks and also feature Steam achievements and leaderboards.

“Bringing Shatter to new audiences has always been our goal,” said Mario Wynands, Managing Director of Sidhe. “Following the warm reception we received for the PlayStation 3 version, taking Shatter to PC on the Steam platform was a natural next step.”

About Shatter® for PC
Shatter is a retro-inspired brick-breaking game that merges familiar action with unique twists and a modern crafted production approach.

Key Features:

• Innovative controls, physics effects, power-ups, special attacks, and boss battles which combine to provide an experience that is always interactive.
  • Story Mode, Boss Rush, Bonus Mode, and all new game modes Endless Mode, Endless Co-op Multiplayer, Time Attack Mode and Time Attack Co-op Multiplayer
  • A Vibrant 3D Style presented across 10 distinct worlds in high resolution.
  • A fully scored soundtrack featuring over 90 minutes of award winning original music
  • Steam Leaderboards and Achievements for all modes

For more information on Shatter, visit: www.shattergame.com

----

Note for anybody with the PSN version looking to double dip for the new modes, we are planning to roll the new modes back into the PSN version.

This makes me very happy. This game was one of my favorite games of 2009. I picked it up on PS3. I might end up double dipping. On the PC is it going to be called Suck and Blow:lol

Blizzard

Banned
The Steam client update today supposedly "really" fixed offline mode sometimes not working, plus games sometimes not decrypting, plus sometimes games stopping downloading (or something to that effect). Hopefully it should make future launches smoother.

The beta client has also been updated and the bug that caused the Download Tab (which has download region and download speed) to disappear has been fixed.

Note for anybody with the PSN version looking to double dip for the new modes, we are planning to roll the new modes back into the PSN version.

That's really great. Every dev should to that when it comes to added content.

MisterAnderson said:
So what's the consensus? Altitude only or the whole pack? Which games are good?
If you don't have the money to spare, then I'd say Altitude + Bob Came in Pieces or Galcon Fusion. But if you buy the pack, it comes out to about $1.50 each and I think each game is at least worth that.

MisterAnderson said:
So what's the consensus? Altitude only or the whole pack? Which games are good?

Whole pack. Both Space Giraffe and Gridrunner are completely unique and worth having if only for the fact that they offer an experience that can' be had elsewhere. Super Laser Racer is actually really good especially if you're a fan of F-Zero, Wipeout or Micro Machines. Haven't tried Gal Con fusion yet but some of the most respected member of PC-GAF can't speak highly enough of it, so at less than $2 its not something to pass by. Looking forware to trying it out.

Oh, and since someone asked, all three of the games I've tried so far (Gridrunner, Space Giraffe and SLR) support a controller.

Hinomura

Hinomura said:
Localized Defense Grid (italian language) doesn't work, it gives "Corrupt data" error. I had to change language to english :/
Game has been updated, localized version is working again (at least in italian)!

IMACOMPUTA

I have a problem!
I bought altitude for myself, and one as a gift. Gifted it to my cousin, but he never got it!
I'm guessing it has something to do with using the steam beta..
When i go to "manage gifts & guest passes" it says it was sent, and if i go to "resend" it says he already has the game... ?!
annoying..
I created a ticket with steam, but its been over a day and they haven't responded.
Boo!

Dynoro

Just need to say - Galcon is amazing and thanks for the recommendation yesterday. It is a perfect little game to play in little bits and has loads of game modes and difficulty levels to try. IMO worth the 10bucks by itself

Big-E

What is this Space Wolves 3? Never heard of it and it seems like it is a new game. Assuming it isn't very good despite sounding interesting.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I pre-ordered Chaos Rising, but now I just don't see where Saint's Row 2 is to install. Nowhere in the Not Installed list even though Chaos Rising is there.

vocab

AstroLad said:
I pre-ordered Chaos Rising, but now I just don't see where Saint's Row 2 is to install. Nowhere in the Not Installed list even though Chaos Rising is there.

Restart steam. If it's not there, check your gift tab.

Javaman

Big-E said:
What is this Space Wolves 3? Never heard of it and it seems like it is a new game. Assuming it isn't very good despite sounding interesting.

It's a RTS/RPG hybrid space game. It sounded good on paper despite the crappy reviews so I tried a demo of the first one. I gave up half way through the tutorial.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
vocab said:
Restart steam. If it's not there, check your gift tab.
Thanks, restarted twice and it doesn't show up. I think the mistake I may have made was clicking on the Give tab or whatever when it popped up, but I then just canceled out of that and didn't provide any info for the gift. Where is this Gift tab?

IMACOMPUTA

IMACOMPUTA said:
I have a problem!
I bought altitude for myself, and one as a gift. Gifted it to my cousin, but he never got it!
I'm guessing it has something to do with using the steam beta..
When i go to "manage gifts & guest passes" it says it was sent, and if i go to "resend" it says he already has the game... ?!
annoying..
I created a ticket with steam, but its been over a day and they haven't responded.
Boo!

anybody have any ideas?

Danneee

IMACOMPUTA said:
anybody have any ideas?

Steam support takes time, I had problems paying with my cc and with paypal on steam about a week ago. Today I get an answer that they want my cc info to confirm, I replied that that would never happpen and that paypal worked now thankyouverymuch.
Is that standard procedure? My question was if something was wrong with my payment as I could use my cc elsewhere but that went unanswered.

edit: ranted away a bit there, sorry about that.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I must be crazy, I didn't really like Altitude. :(

But whatever, I'm too busy with Defense Grid's updates!

Salaadin

Why is Steam all screwed up for me. None of my games are showing except for the non-steam games I added shortcuts for, my taskbar jumplist is all wrong, and it wont let me connect to the store...just shows a white screen. Ive restarted twice now.

Im using the new interface beta and it wont even let me switch back.

Waikis

Salaadin said:
Why is Steam all screwed up for me. None of my games are showing except for the non-steam games I added shortcuts for, my taskbar jumplist is all wrong, and it wont let me connect to the store...just shows a white screen. Ive restarted twice now.

Im using the new interface beta and it wont even let me switch back.
There's a maintenance.

We'll be updating some of the Steam servers today around 14:00 PST (GMT-0800). Chat, game lobbies, and the community web site will be affected. Content downloads and game play should not be affected

Update: this downtime has been longer than expected. Some users may experience an outage lasting another 30-60 minutes

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Altitude is great tough i really would like to have latin american servers, makes things kinda laggy for me. Bullet candy is allright i guess tough the achievements are way too hard in my opinion.

Salaadin

I saw that earlier but they stated that games and content downloads shouldnt be affected. I guess this "outage" in the second post is affecting them, though.

Time to play Lunar then. I guess Ill grab the JC2 demo in an hour.

Trying to run Defense Grid on my laptop and I get "Steam's servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes." Yet it works on my PC fine... I tried renaming the ".blob" file to redownload it etc., changing my download region and it's still giving me that message.

Edit: Apparently there's Steam outages? But that doesn't make sense in my case since it works on one computer but not the other but they are both connected to the same network?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
MisterAnderson said:
Trying to run Defense Grid on my laptop and I get "Steam's servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes." Yet it works on my PC fine... I tried renaming the ".blob" file to redownload it etc., changing my download region and it's still giving me that message.

Edit: Apparently there's Steam outages? But that doesn't make sense in my case since it works on one computer but not the other but they are both connected to the same network?
Is your laptop version updated? Might be trying to connect, and it's receiving a request for the patch that was released yesterday.

Lyphen said:
Is your laptop version updated? Might be trying to connect, and it's receiving a request for the patch that was released yesterday.

That could be the case since I have been testing Steam with other games, and games having Steam Cloud support are unable to sync files. No idea what's up with my laptop/steam right now, they are both on the same network and I usually have no trouble at all syncing files/running games off of Steam on either.

drkOne

IMACOMPUTA said:
anybody have any ideas?
Tell him to check his mail. If the "warning" doesn't pop on Steam, saying "You just received a gift", for whatever reason, then you won't get the games until you go through the email link to accept the gift.

And it's normal that when you resend it shows up as if he already has the game. Even when he still hasn't accepted it. It already happened to me.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Is the deal going on anymore? I REAAAAALLLY want it but just got internet an hour ago.

commissar

Lyphen said:
Looks like the online community is dead and Codemasters dropped the game like a dead festering limb. Skipping this one!
I'm not sure I can justify buying it when I've barely scratched Arma 2 :/

panda21

Lyphen said:
Looks like the online community is dead and Codemasters dropped the game like a dead festering limb. Skipping this one!

its a great game in the singleplayer, very different from everything else. the spec ops night missions are fantastically atmospheric. theres one or two night missions that last about a half hour or more that you can play through without firing a single shot, but have you on the edge of your seat for the entire thing.

i'd say its worth it for that price, and i'm sure the interface/gfx on the pc version are much better than the ps3. almost certainly going to double dip for a second playthrough in the hardcore mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom