• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Morning GAFfers of Steam.

Blimmey burgomeister that's a giveaway and a half.

Oh and Anno 1404 finally back!

Can we confirm that Anno 1404 does not have Tages?

Store page hasn't been touched and the newest patch removed the DRM.

I wonder if this went live early, as UBI hasn't even pushed the beta update they had been working on.

All right I'll be the bloody guinea pig. Was going to buy it anyway. Might be a while with my crappy broadband but I'll report back.

Edit: Right bought and installing. Thankfully only 4.2gb so will only take 3 and half hours...

I'm sure there are villages in Nepal with faster broadband than I have at times.

Apparently you can get the same benefits, and more, from mods that the enhanced edition provides.

At this point I'd say unless you want to play BG vanilla and you don't own them already the Enhanced Editions have been greatly improved from their initial release. Plus the much cleaner high res UI and portraits are really nice.

See? All you had to do was believe.

Never doubted you ;)

Well better late than never anyway.

Oh dear, my laptop is starting to show its age
http://i.imgur.com/H5eu9lO.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QC5b8zT.png[IMG]

Guess I'll be playing these on my desktop. Thanks burgomeister[/QUOTE]

Actually Apple have very quietly dropped all support for Snow Leopard. Which is quite surprising after all the hoo hah XP got the last month or so. I'd look at moving to a version of OS X that you can run on your Mac and is still maintained so not to be caught out if any vulnerabilities surface as they won't get patched for 10.6.8 or earlier. Thankfully Apple is quiet reasonable with their prices (you can get Lion from the App store here in the UK for £14).

Actually Apple have very quietly dropped all support for Snow Leopard. Which is quite surprising after all the hoo hah XP got the last month or so. I'd look at moving to a version of OS X that you can run on your Mac and is still maintained so not to be caught out if any vulnerabilities surface as they won't get patched for 10.6.8 or earlier. Thankfully Apple is quiet reasonable with their prices (you can get Lion from the App store here in the UK for £14).

D:

Thanks for the heads up. I looked into it and my macbook can run 10.8.x (even though the hardware is not officially supported) but it needs 10.7 first.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
There may be one or two keys that are mislabeled or used, hard to check with this many.

Fantastic giveaway, thanks for Cognition ep 1. This one has been sitting in my wishlist for a while.

II have a question. Store page only allows you to buy the whole season. Since I own episode 1 now where can I buy the rest of the season?

Edit: Grabbed the second episode as well, since no people were claiming it. Hope that's ok.

Morning GAFfers of Steam.

Blimmey burgomeister that's a giveaway and a half.

Oh and Anno 1404 finally back!

All right I'll be the bloody guinea pig. Was going to buy it anyway. Might be a while with my crappy broadband but I'll report back.

Edit: Right bought and installing. Thankfully only 4.2gb so will only take 3 and half hours...

I'm sure there are villages in Nepal with faster broadband than I have at times.

At this point I'd say unless you want to play BG vanilla and you don't own them already the Enhanced Editions have been greatly improved from their initial release. Plus the much cleaner high res UI and portraits are really nice.

Never doubted you ;)

Well better late than never anyway.

Enhanced Steam says it's available on Amazon for $5.00 -- I'm assuming that's not activated on steam?

Pachimari

I recently bought Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 from GOG but the only thing holding me back from playing it is widescreen? How do I get widescreen in that game? =/

I tried searching via a HEX Editor but didn't work out.

Dr Dogg

Enhanced Steam says it's available on Amazon for $5.00 -- I'm assuming that's not activated on steam?

I think the only way to get a copy of Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery on Steam is through Steam itself.

I'm not going to set this in stone as jshackles is your man but doesn't Enhanced Steam pull price data from istheranydeal? Doesn't that just grab all prices for said game regardless of where it redeems? I think if it's Steam redeemable its mentioned in parentheses after the price. As I said don't quote me on it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Mass Effect 3 was far from terrible. The ending sucked ass, sure, but the game leading up to it was pretty good.
i humbly disagree

basically imo everything except the mordin-wrex part was a terrible hackjob of a bioware not having the resources to actually develop multiplayer without cutting shit somewhere plus some really awful writing.

i also liked everything on earth leading up to the big ending reveal and think it would've been a lot more fitting if it ended like it was just prior to space kid showing up and ruining everything.

but the game itself i thought it was awful and lazily written, sidequests were throwaway repurposed multiplayer maps that didn't even have the dignity of having a conversation screen, the whole "battle readiness" or whatever was a massive failure in actually making you feel like everything you did meant something and just how they removed the neutral dialogue choices and actually force your shepard to say a lot of things that in me2 and me1 would've been dialogue choices. like the gameplay was better but who gives a shit :/

imo it's probably one of the biggest major trainwrecks of the generation, if not the biggest. like other awful games like medal of honor warfighter were probably much worse but you didn't really expect a good campaign out of that game. me3 is just terribly disappointing as how ea just forced a multiplayer mode on it in detriment of the general quality of the game and bioware really being unprepared and not having planned for the ending at all and just ridiculously messing everything up. like that robin dude! like what the fuck!

i think i actually liked dragon age 2 more if only because i wasn't as invested on the world as i was in mass effect's

Jawmuncher

Oh man that Witcher 3 thread is bad news.
Still I find it odd that a lot of that talk is about what the consoles can handle.
I mean nothing has changed from back in the day if you want to push a game to it's limits PC is still the place for that.

Milamber

American Truck Simulator is coming along nicely. I hope they get those american truck licenses as soon as possible.

bar_pics1.jpg

bar_pics2.jpg

bar_pics3.jpg

bar_pics4.jpg

DocSeuss

There may be one or two keys that are mislabeled or used, hard to check with this many.

gg, always love seeing giant giveaways like this

haven't seen many giveaways with games I don't have, though. I'm not obtaining any more games until I can A) get Tropico 5 as game 1000 and B) actually afford to buy games because that's no longer a feasible situation.

I wanted to get on this Playfire stuff but the lack of retroactive check makes me not wanna bother. That, and I don't wanna force myself to play the game of the moment.

hohoXD123

Oh man that Witcher 3 thread is bad news.
Still I find it odd that a lot of that talk is about what the consoles can handle.
I mean nothing has changed from back in the day if you want to push a game to it's limits PC is still the place for that.

Sounds like it's even bringing PCs running a 780ti to their knees though. Still got ages left for optimisations I guess but yeah that thread is definitely bad news.

Dr Dogg

6 Days 14 hours left, actually. Should be feasible I think.

Actually having a look through them it's only 3 and they're not some of the stupidly hard ones. 50 bandages will probably take the most and I think there's 5 retro warp zones at least in the first 2 acts.

Still it's motivation to play through FEZ again.

didamangi

I wanted to get on this Playfire stuff but the lack of retroactive check makes me not wanna bother. That, and I don't wanna force myself to play the game of the moment.

I think they retroactively give you the rewards that are available the first time you sign up but it's not always the case.

The main reason I got in was to get Dark Souls 2 as cheapest as possible and I achieved that. Now it's just a way to get/force me playing my backlogs really.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
One of these days I'll click "Badges" and will be directed to my badge page instead of my profile.

kulapik

Yay, I added funds to my Steam Wallet in order to make more giveaways and got blocked from the Market for a week, giveaways ruined :( Not in the sense that I won't make giveaways, but more like the games will be less awesome :(

kulapik

As I said, less awesome, but it's something. Three days for my birthday.

ModBot said:
Instructions for kulapik:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sanctum 2 Complete Pack -- MB-0B2257C189DEF7E6 - Taken by _hekk05. 2 entrants total.

t1397303925z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom