• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

EDIT: I found it actually. I had to go back to the Russian uplay site using Hola and I checked my order history through there. Strange it doesn't transfer over between regions. Watch Dogs is there :D

Did for me, I never had to go to the Russian site. But good to know that your order hasn't been canceled.

ShogunX

There may be one or two keys that are mislabeled or used, hard to check with this many.

Thanks for Gnomoria, Unmechanical and Bit Trip.

To give back something to the thread -

Desura key that Can be redeemed on Steam.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Oniken -- MB-6F97750451DE8EF5 - Taken by aku:jiki. 14 entrants total.

t1397288263z1.png

_hekk05

Banned
Is child of light confirmed to use uPlay, or does it only require a uPlay activation like Watch_Doges? I might buy it if its the former.

Also Desura doesn't want to let me download my gifted copy of war of the human tanks. I guess its telling me to go study.

AMD gaming evolved has a bug that detects uPlay as Might and Magic X, which caused much hilariousness in the forums.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Played some more Ghost Recon Online and unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure how you're supposed to unlock the "Tiers" to get better/upgraded perks.

Most rounds end in a stalemate win. But I did get an awesome moment where my entire team slides into cover while pushing the enemy back across the map on Metro from C to B to A all the while covering each other. That was pretty sweet and showed the potential of the game.

Unfortunately, P2W antics (after level 5, apparently), map design, and some perks not having a counter (AFAIK) really hinder the thing.

gdt

Batman Arkham Origins is good guys. No bugs in 6 hours either.

But goddamn its Arkham City. Basically uses the same map as City too (but younger, and some extra stuff). Same everything. I like the new Detective Cases format, and the story is shaping up great.

Its worth playing for sure, but looooooong after you finish Arkham City, cause you'll get tired of the same buildings.

YOU! Yes, YOU! Do you feel yourself coming down with a severe case of bro? Well, I can't guarantee anything, but YOU could be selected by the venerable ModBot himself to receive the experimental treatment known as Broforce.

WARNING: Broforce may cause you to become dissatisfied with the rest of your Steam library. You should not play Broforce if you are affected by any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or nursing
- Gaming with cold liquids
- Gaming with hot liquids
- Gaming with no liquids present

POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Tears of joy
- Severe mouth dryitosis
- Jaw pain
- An inexplicable urge to destroy terrorists by any means necessary

My body is ready. I owe you one, Aidan. Add me on Steam (crazyrabbits23), and I will do what I can to return the favor. Thank you so much!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is child of light confirmed to use uPlay, or does it only require a uPlay activation like Watch_Doges? I might buy it if its the former.

Also Desura doesn't want to let me download my gifted copy of war of the human tanks. I guess its telling me to go study.

AMD gaming evolved has a bug that detects uPlay as Might and Magic X, which caused much hilariousness in the forums.

There's been no such word on Child of Light, but it remains to be seen whether or not LazyGamer is actually correct, and even assuming the rumour is true, there's still the matter of what "only for activation" actually means. I theorised yesterday that Ubi may have just changed the way Uplay works as a launcher so it's similar to consoles -- unless you need to redeem your game activation key, there's no client, but there'll still be a Uplay overlay in-game. In other words, the game will use use Uplay; it's just that there won't be a client to deal with outside of activation, which is a logical step forward when you consider that the client already auto-loads the game you selected from within Steam.

Knurek

Quick question - who owns the IP for Sam & Max? Did Telltale bought them out from LucasArts?
Curious since we already have seen one of their licensed games go down. I can't really fathom myself buying the first two seasons with their current pricing scheme, but if the games are in danger of being pulled down, I might consider during the next sale...

JaseC

Quick question - who owns the IP for Sam & Max? Did Telltale bought them out from LucasArts?
Curious since we already have seen one of their licensed games go down. I can't really fathom myself buying the first two seasons with their current pricing scheme, but if the games are in danger of being pulled down, I might consider during the next sale...

Steve Purcell owns Sam & Max.

Yes, was also surprised by the quality compared to what I had played of the actual game. Maybe it is just because I love Portal so much that hearing GladOS makes me like the game.

I think Portal and references to it are overrated. I guess it's one of those things the masses adore that I just don't get. It was an interesting puzzle game with followup that delivered on close to the same level...

I went in expecting to just get far enough to farm the monkey achievement for the rewards easily... and I ended up spending over an hour in it and finishing the whole section. I had to look up the password for the computer at the end though -- where was I supposed to find that normally?

I did a replay of both games recently and I played them literally back to back. It was fine.

It was fine for me too... I've played a lot of Arkham City lately -- and it feels similar, but not the same. The map has some similar locations, but the actual use of it is much different and varied.

Thanks for Gnomoria, Unmechanical and Bit Trip.

To give back something to the thread -

Desura key that Can be redeemed on Steam.

One of these days, maybe I'll win this. I *really* want it... so fingers crossed. Thanks for the chance!!

Bluth54

Can't find any trader who has Anno 1404, how come?

If the game was removed from Steam before the inventory system was setup it would be pretty difficulty to find someone that had it. You would probably need to have someone that had sent it to themselves as a gift but hadn't redeemed it until the inventory system went active.

Uraizen

Banned
Oh dear, my laptop is starting to show its age
http://i.imgur.com/H5eu9lO.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QC5b8zT.png[IMG]

Guess I'll be playing these on my desktop. Thanks burgomeister[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of when I needed Shader Model 3.0 just to run Spiderman 3. It takes me forever to upgrade.

_hekk05

Banned
I have won absolutely nothing from burdameister's giveaway, and not for the lack of trying.

Must I install Desura client to play Desura games? I can't seem to download the install file for war of the human tanks.

JaseC

Russians get the "Dawn of Discovery" version, try looking under that name.

Yeah, Anno 1404 is limited to the UK and the rest of Europe, and it has the PurchaseRestrictedCountries flag so the trick traders used to buy ROW versions of South Park won't work.

Echoplx

I have won absolutely nothing from burdameister's giveaway, and not for the lack of trying.

Must I install Desura client to play Desura games? I can't seem to download the install file for war of the human tanks.

There is a full installer on the right hand side of the page under the prices, seems to be working for me.

_hekk05

Banned
There is a full installer on the right hand side of the page under the prices, seems to be working for me.

It doesn't work for me. I have resorted to more DRM. Curse you distributors!!! First Steam, now Desura, what's next? UPlay for child of light??? I really want child of light but .... but ... but ...

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Search the client for Dawn of Discovery instead of Anno

It's strange as the apps haven't been touched in months, even to push the beta update to live. So I don't know what is going on.

I clicked the images posted earlier in the thread just to see what the prices were and they just redirected me to the Steam store homepage.

It doesn't work for me. I have resorted to more DRM. Curse you distributors!!! First Steam, now Desura, what's next? UPlay for child of light??? I really want child of light but .... but ... but ...

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

I guess you won't be playing Titanfall, Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3, Rayman Legends, Assassin's Creed 4, etc. any time soon then, huh? :lol

Enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-2C158FCDC1C2D16F - Taken by Evrain
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-A86C7C6D5F6537A3 - Taken by VikasNarula
Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-4F538758E0E31827 - Taken by KenOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom