• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

Surely not as hard as Maverick Bird?

The hitboxes are intentionally broken in Flappy Goat

They even joke about it in the changelogs :lol

Patch notes for patch v1.0.28141
> Fixed some broken stuff on the workshop.
> Mods that crashed have to be recooked to work in 32-bit.
> Fixed the Flappy Goat hitbox
> Reduced Simulation Realism by 10%. ♥♥♥♥ got too real.
> Added Profanity filter. We didn't expect so many Kids to play it ;D
> The profanity filter is off by default.
> Optimized a bit more and added some optimization options.
> Recook the mods that crashed and they will to work in 32-bit!
> Reverted the Flappy Goat hitbox to its previous state.
> Fixed the mana regeneration issue with Arcane specced Spellblades

So I have a key for Resident Evil Revelations and it is Resident Evil Revelations Eastern Europe version.Will it activate in USA?It's this I think http://steamdb.info/sub/27067/
Sorry but I really don't know how all this works :(

Usually when in the 'packages' tab a certain country is listed that means you won't be able to activate the key outside that region.

Since you already have the key, try reediming that on steam. You'll get your account blocked only if you try to redeem a locked key via VPN.

zkylon

zkylewd
i played a bit more of ass creed 3 and to my surprise i'm actually enjoying quite a bit. like i'm just doing the story stuff and sometimes climbing something but i don't hate playable old dude as much as i initially thought i would

like he's a bit full of himself but he's pretty uncharacteristic for a game so i can appreciate that over say ezio's typical videogame charming bravado nathan drake thingie

i still can't believe the gameplay is so stupidly hands-off, tho. feels even less involved than brotherhood but i may be misremembering. i guess it's always gonna be my crux with the series, why create a world this big and complex and then simplify this much the actual mechanics to interact with it.

but i guess that's ubi :/

Knurek

Oh my, any Poles here take note - Muve.pl has a promotion for many Capcom titles, roughly $7 (20 PLN) for both Remember Me, Resi4HD, Resi:Revelations, and roughly $6 (17.5 PLN) for Resi6, Dark Souls, L.A. Noire Complete and Enslaved.

Cheapest I've seen any of these, obviously Steamworks titles, so all register on Steam.

OrangeOak

Thanks for answers guys.

Oh my, any Poles here take note - Muve.pl has a promotion for many Capcom titles, roughly $7 (20 PLN) for both Remember Me, Resi4HD, Resi:Revelations, and roughly $6 (17.5 PLN) for Resi6, Dark Souls, L.A. Noire Complete and Enslaved.

Cheapest I've seen any of these, obviously Steamworks titles, so all register on Steam.

I have Resident Evil Revelations from here and it is Eastern Europe key.It works on my polish account but I don't know if it will on USA or any other country IP.I wanted to buy it for someone but I don't know if it will work.

Deques

Does naruto have some restrictions?

didamangi

Man, would like to get that RE4 if there's someone from Poland here willing to help.

Anteater

damn, those deals are crazy, poland only and no paypal :(

ballsbwfpe.gif

Playing through Asura's Wrath on my 360 really makes me wish there was a PC port.

Asura's Wrath should be ported to the PC but if there's one game which constantly boggles my mind as to why Capcom hasn't ported is Dragon's Dogma. From what I've seen and heard, the game would have found a natural home on the PC.

HoosTrax

So what was the story behind Motor Rock, and why it got pulled from the Steam store? I'm playing it, and it seems like a half-decent game, albeit rough around the edges. Kind of like a futuristic Mad Max-style kart racer.

Knurek

So what was the story behind Motor Rock, and why it got pulled from the Steam store? I'm playing it, and it seems like a half-decent game, albeit rough around the edges. Kind of like a futuristic Mad Max-style kart racer.

Devs started a freeware remake of Blizzard's old Rock'n'Roll Racing, asked for permission to monetize, didn't get it, put on Steam either way. To put cherry on top, they used Blizzard's art assets (announcer was directly ripped from Sega Mega Drive version IIRC).

According to http://www.regionlocks.com/, no activation restriction for PL version of Naruto. Please take it with a grain of salt though.

They were ripping stuff from that Blizzard game.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Isn't Naruto closest thing we have?
Same dev, and from what I've seen both games are really similar.

Not really interested Naruto at all from what I've played and Asura's Wrath is much faster and story focused. The fighting system in Asura's Wrath seems better put together from every version of the Naruto games I've tried and is way more entertaining with it's story portions.

fantomena

Is Naruto and Resident Evil 4 region free? Can I just use PayPal, to purchase and activate it on my Steam account?

Is Muve.pl safe anyway?

Dr Dogg

Sorry for the late reply but I've got some bad news unfortunately...

exjU2r9.png

Asks for a CD key and then goes on to try and activate (I yanked my cable beforehand so it had a bit of a fit).

didamangi

exjU2r9.png

Asks for a CD key and then goes on to try and activate (I yanked my cable beforehand so it had a bit of a fit).

Lazy ass ubi didn't even patch it? It should be drm free if they patch it to the latest version. Boo.

Zafir

exjU2r9.png

Oh dear. I just bought it too... No way to bypass it? :/

HoosTrax

Devs started a freeware remake of Blizzard's old Rock'n'Roll Racing, asked for permission to monetize, didn't get it, put on Steam either way. To put cherry on top, they used Blizzard's art assets (announcer was directly ripped from Sega Mega Drive version IIRC).

According to http://www.regionlocks.com/, no activation restriction for PL version of Naruto. Please take it with a grain of salt though.

They were ripping stuff from that Blizzard game.
Ah I see. Too bad they couldn't have worked something out.

exjU2r9.png

TAGES said:
TAGES™ is a new breed of CD/DVD-ROM copy protection which overcomes the inadequacies of the commonly marketed solutions. With TAGES™, the software community takes a great leap forward against piracy by offering several technical breakthroughs. Our main technical asset is our specific mastering process which builds up a programmable "secure area" on the disc. The secured area is used to protect useful application data sets or encryption keys.
So how does this work on Steam copies, if it even does?

ModBot said:
Instructions for nightstorm:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-DCD905E90250AA9E - Taken by lucebuce12
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-1419781D4DCDD03F - Taken by pahamrick

Dr Dogg

I can hear JaseC's sobs all the way from here

Lazy ass ubi didn't even patch it? It should be drm free if they patch it to the latest version. Boo.

Oh dear. I just bought it too... No way to bypass it? :/

Well it's a bit odd as there are patch notes up to version 1.3 included. There's no mention of it's removal (not that I would expect there to be a big song and dance in patch notes) but according to various sources Tages will still be present but won't require online activation as of patch 1.1. I'll have a play around and see what I can work out. Might just be inert drm left over.

So how does this work on Steam copies, if it even does?

For digital it's just a key checker online. In Anno 1404's case it was that you could activate it on up to 3 systems at any one time and then when you go to activate it on the 4th it would fail and you'd have to contact Ubi's support. Reinstalls on the same machine using the same OS would be fine and not needed to be reactivated. SoildShield which replaced it has a revoke tool (Dead Space 2 and Shift 2 use it) which lets you manually deauthorise a machine but Tages is a pain because unless it has been set to rolling activations or other stipulations you need to speak to the licensor after your activations are used up.

yuraya

That new Civilization. Hnng

1397302906-civilization-beyond-earth-boxart.jpg

Oh my. A game like this could have unlimited amount of potential. Very smart of them to not release another typical earthly clone because with this syfy stuff I think both games can peacefully coexist together without one dragging gamers away from the other. They can still successfully continue to support the current game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for nightstorm:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-C699A86D94D82141 - Taken by Garcia
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-BD825FE4EA475094 - Taken by lucebuce12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom