• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the late reply but I've got some bad news unfortunately...

exjU2r9.png

Asks for a CD key and then goes on to try and activate (I yanked my cable beforehand so it had a bit of a fit).

Was that the Gold version, or just the base game? Just wondering if it is only the Gold version that has Tages removed.

didamangi

So in the last day I asked a couple of GAFers for help
OrangeOak & Tellaerin
and they help me out and went out of their way with their generosity and now I'm paying it forward.

Hope you enjoy this giveaway, it's not much but it's all I can afford atm.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (didamangi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skullgirls And Color Palette Bundle -- MB-B1D81634DF100307

t1397320756z1.png

pahamrick

Repost, since a few things are still available.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Unmechanical Desura -- MB-76D07A18E77A95ED
ulgzbKC.png
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe Desura -- MB-A8F9B1826469FB39
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol Pacific Skies -- MB-0D3497C603580FDA
ulgzbKC.png
Ultionus Desura -- MB-ADDE67B52BBFA955

Terra_Ex

Sorry for the late reply but I've got some bad news unfortunately...

exjU2r9.png

Asks for a CD key and then goes on to try and activate (I yanked my cable beforehand so it had a bit of a fit).
Such a shame that Ubi feels the need to include various crappy drm solutions in their steam releases, I really want it but I don't want Tages anywhere near my system.

Sadly the Gold Edition is what I bought (1404 and Venice are separate apps).

Darn. I just quickly booted up my old laptop that has the DRM-free retail version on it. The base game is v.1.3, the expansion v.2.1 and the final patch for the Gold edition (which removes Tages) is v.3.1. The gold patch notes don't mention removing the DRM, but it is definitely gone. So I have no idea what Ubisoft are playing at. :(

Thanks anyway.

Dr Dogg

Darn. I just quickly booted up my old laptop that has the DRM-free retail version on it. The base game is v.1.3, the expansion v.2.01 and the final patch for the Gold edition (which removes Tages) is v.3.1. The gold patch notes don't mention removing the DRM, but it is definitely gone. So I have no idea what Ubisoft are playing at. :(

Thanks anyway.

Well I bit the bullet and used up an activation (I've solved my blue screen woes so won't be doing another reinstall for years now anyway) and the game is fully up to date.

cbJs808.png

I might go download Venice to see if it alters anything when it updates to 3.1 but the game wouldn't even start until I activated it so I have no idea what is going on.

Such a shame that Ubi feels the need to include various crappy drm solutions in their steam releases, I really want it but I don't want Tages anywhere near my system.

Compared to StarForce which Ubi used to use before, Tages is waaaaay more friendly. Though I don't like enabling publishers to use limited activations systems, and really regret buying this now, I can take a bit of solace now in that you guys know and can bang on to Ubi to get it removed. Steam is more than enough DRM.

didamangi

Well I bit the bullet and used up an activation (I've solved my blue screen woes so won't be doing another reinstall for years now anyway) and the game is fully up to date.

cbJs808.png

I might go download Venice to see if it alters anything when it updates to 3.1 but the game wouldn't even start until I activated it so I have no idea what is going on.

This is really disappointing, I hope ubisoft just made a mistake uploading the game version or something :(

Is Naruto and Resident Evil 4 region free? Can I just use PayPal, to purchase and activate it on my Steam account?

Is Muve.pl safe anyway?

I can confirm RE4 is region free, registered as "Resident Evil WW retail".

SparkTR

I'm pretty new to PC gaming and Anno looks good - but what's all this chat about Tages? Is it terrible?

In the dark ages before digital download became dominant, the publishers were obsessed with stopping people from lending discs to their friends considering how easy it was to apply no-CD cracks to installed games. So they developed draconian DRM that limited installs and installed bloatware that sometimes crashed PCs. It made playing legitimate games a pain, while the pirates got hassle-free versions.

didamangi

In the dark ages before digital download became dominant, the publishers were obsessed with stopping people from lending discs to their friends considering how easy it was to apply no-CD cracks to installed games. So they developed draconian DRM that limited installs and installed bloatware that sometimes crashed PCs. It made playing legitimate games a pain, while the pirates got hassle-free versions.

Dont't forget the recent Anno 2070 still have 3 machine limit as well, on top of uplay (and steam if you bought it on steam)

Don't know what it is about the Anno series that ubisoft makes these silly decisions.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is it the 25th yet? wait, the 12th...what the fuck? there is only one thing to do

go-god-go-part-2-20061102015236763.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for nightstorm:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

FEZ -- MB-19669E4A155D3069 - Taken by Stallion Free

MUnited83

For you.
Reminder: IndieGameStand deal on 1849 has 13 hours to end. Pay what you want, 1$ minimum to get a Steam key when the game releases (already greenlit)

City Management game set in a Western/Gold Rush Theme. It's on early access phase but it is coming along nicely.

Last bump I on this deal.

Also, I have been playing it a bit, and I'm loving it so far. Because of that, I bought 3 copies for fellow gaffers!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
gc_1396979120_407.jpg

1849 -- MB-61096B767E877EDA - Taken by Daedalos42. 2 entrants total.
1849 #2 -- MB-29F15BF4035E1098 - Taken by Kifimbo. 11 entrants total.
1849 #3 -- MB-9AAA34289EF0A46A - Taken by topyy. 4 entrants total.

t1397322690z1.png

Nabs

I only need 4 more super meat boy bandages to get that achievement. I'm rusty and my controller is a piece of shit. This is going to be fun :)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I just passed through a waterfall in Lego Hobbit and I was like woah what's this strange awful sensation? Oh yeah that's 30 fps.

Thank god everything went back to normal once I was through.

Is Divinity: Dragon Commander any good? How much time do you spend flying around? It looks interesting, but WTF at the trailer saying you can wife an undead.

Terra_Ex

Is Divinity: Dragon Commander any good? It looks interesting, but WTF at the trailer saying you can wife an undead.

Yes, but in terms of gameplay you can tell it was de-scoped from what the devs were originally going for, its decent but not as deep as I thought it'd be. In terms of writing quality and narrative choices its right up there though and worth playing for that if nothing else. The good outweighs the bad. I also felt that the game engine was a little unoptimised at times (this may have changed since I played at launch though).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
To the Clarification-mo-bile!

While Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery still demand the installation of the TAGES drivers, the impositions associated with them no longer apply to the games. The DRM wasn't removed, just rendered inert.

didamangi

While Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery still demand the installation of the TAGES drivers, the impositions associated with them no longer apply to the games. The DRM wasn't removed, just rendered inert.

Have you tried installing/playing/uninstalling it 3 times? :p

The_Monk

Anno news...? :0

ok626Bjl.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Have you tried installing/playing/uninstalling it 3 times? :p

Haha, well, if only I had the games to test. I have Anno 2070... and, uh... Anno 2070. Whilst my e-mail set gears into motion, none of the traction rendered a Steam key. ;)

didamangi

Haha, well, if only I had the games to test. I have Anno 2070... and, uh... Anno 2070. Whilst my e-mail set gears into motion, none of the traction rendered a Steam key. ;)

I bought 1404 GE on Gamersgate, would be futile asking them for a steam key I think :(

Parsnip

I only need 4 more super meat boy bandages to get that achievement. I'm rusty and my controller is a piece of shit. This is going to be fun :)
I just started and got about 25 in the first two worlds.

My Rumblepad 2 is showing its age, all the buttons feel like crap. Didn't notice when I played Batman AC, but dang it's pretty obvious in Meat Boy.

rtcn63

One of my former co-workers posted a picture of herself with a guy who resembles Andy Dick on FB, and this has sullied my current Steam experience.

Nzyme32

First time so forgive me if I have fucked it up

Was going to do this much later to celebrate employment, end of surgeries, half marathon & tough mudder completion, but those are looking months away. So to celebrate Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth announcement, here are some completely unrelated games

ps - user More_Badass - get in touch, Free copy of Prey is set aside for you since you were the first to answer about wanting a copy

ModBot said:
Instructions for Nzyme32:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Machinarium -- MB-FE8B8C342560EDBC
Starvoid -- MB-4FD3E1BA99CCA075
Little Inferno -- MB-4537EFC36348258E
Cogs -- MB-F4C77938763B21E8
Sleeping Dogs -- MB-A174F44C7C5541BF
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-2167088C87AAE7CE
Prey #2 -- MB-2D72648836F354F8
Prey #3 -- MB-C7267F71130987CE
Ricochet -- MB-F5441EEE8F382891
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-F5B1125C4EC8667A
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-E946E77EBCEE3EAA
Prey -- MB-B1D7B47C93A2B058