• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
where is this naruto deal and how good is it?

Was going to do this much later to celebrate employment, end of surgeries, half marathon & tough mudder completion, but those are looking months away. So to celebrate Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth announcement, here are some completely unrelated games

Wow, that is quite generous. Congrats on the good things happening in your life, hope it continues :)

Dr Dogg

To the Clarification-mo-bile!

While Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery still demand the installation of the TAGES drivers, the impositions associated with them no longer apply to the games. The DRM wasn't removed, just rendered inert.

1404 wont run until it contact the authorisation server which will then update TagesClient.dat with you credentials. Venice on the other hand uses SolidShield and similarly won't run until authorised. It's not just demands installation of Tages drivers neither will run until authorised.

kulapik

First time so forgive me if I have fucked it up

Was going to do this much later to celebrate employment, end of surgeries, half marathon & tough mudder completion, but those are looking months away. So to celebrate Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth announcement, here are some completely unrelated games

ps - user More_Badass - get in touch, Free copy of Prey is set aside for you since you were the first to answer about wanting a copy

Damn!

rtcn63

You is a sexy beach, my friend

Parsnip

Extra from IndieGala.
Be quick or be dead.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Finding Teddy -- MB-7FF1C9859F4D6E91 - Taken by Cizard

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
find him

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Finding Teddy -- MB-7318B08B8DC350AA - Taken by Nzyme32

Backlogger

@JaseC

Thanks for the tip yesterday on that work around for checking whether or not one has redeemed a key on their account. Worked perfectly. Too bad they key in question was already redeemed by my account though, was hoping to include it in my next giveaway :)

Region locks for EE, RU, CiS (Eastern Europe and Russia) for: Resident Evil 6 (PC) PL DIGITAL; Lost Planet 3 (PC) DIGITAL.

shamelessly stolen from Reddit. Means RE6 and LP3 are only locked for eastern europe.

Thanks.

Just to be clear, is it region-locked on activation level or "play" level?

ps - user More_Badass - get in touch, Free copy of Prey is set aside for you since you were the first to answer about wanting a copy

Nice giveaway! Congrats on all your accomplishments

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just woke up and saw that I won kurahador's giveaway for Divinity Dragon Commander! I know what I'm doing with the rest of my weekend. :) (after I get home from working on a Saturday)

Grief.exe

1404 wont run until it contact the authorisation server which will then update TagesClient.dat with you credentials. Venice on the other hand uses SolidShield and similarly won't run until authorised. It's not just demands installation of Tages drivers neither will run until authorised.

This is disgusting. No interest in the game anymore.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Since I own none of the apps I was basing my information on what I read on the Anno 1404 wikia, which states:

After updating Anno 1404 to patch 1.1, Tagès will still be installed on your system, but is no longer being used by Anno 1404. You can simply uninstall it and Anno will function as normal.

Both Anno 1404 and Dawn of Discovery, on Steam, were updated to 1.2. 1.3, which fixed the save bug, is when Ubi decided to pretend that Steam didn't exist and thought it'd be a good idea to leave Steam owners with a broken game. Clearly Ubi's idea of "removing TAGES" was profoundly lazy, but, hey, apparently you can uninstall the associated DRM without penalty. That's nice. I guess.

Dr Dogg

Here's what I get when I hit play on Venice.

WP7N1uC.png

You click cancel and you obviously get this.

Online or offline either way the game isn't launching until you click next. So trying to see if it's just going randomly call out and not worry about being authorised whilst I'm offline.

Nope!

Might try manually installing the Gold 3.1 patch over the top but I got a feeling that the retail and uPlay versions are in different states regards to drm and all the information out there at the moment doesn't apply to what's on Steam.

Did I just see 3 prey keys in a giveaway? That's nuts! Thanks for being so giving with those keys. I need to dig up that spare fez key I have somewhere and finally give it to the modbot.

Knurek

hexcellszlq9x.png

Honestly, I can't treat both games as anything other than parts of the whole.
Hexcells is a good enhanced tutorial, Hexcells Plus is where the real fun start.

Despite some claims on the contrary, there's really no guessing required to clear the puzzles, although sometime you really need to consider each and every clue the game gives you and use recursive deduction to proceed.

I just wish there were some additional DLC puzzles or Workshop support... 72 is tad on the small side, especially when comparing with the likes of, say, Everyday Genius.

Either way, both games are definitely well worth the asking price. If you like Picross, Slitherlink or Link-a-Pix, don't wait for a discount, get them right this minute. You won't regret it.

What is with Prey that some SteamGAF members are really looking for it? Is it just because it is unavailable in the store? Enlighten this heathen, SteamGAF.

derExperte

Thanks.

Just to be clear, is it region-locked on activation level or "play" level?

You all need to start using steamdb.info more. None of the RE6 version have the onlyallowrunincountries restriction and there aren't special Polish versions anyway as far as I can tell.

Dr Dogg

Since I own none of the apps I was basing my information on what I read on the Anno 1404 wikia, which states:

Both Anno 1404 and Dawn of Discovery, on Steam, were updated to 1.2. 1.3, which fixed the save bug, is when Ubi decided to pretend that Steam didn't exist and thought it'd be a good idea to leave Steam owners with a broken game. Clearly Ubi's idea of "removing TAGES" was profoundly lazy, but, hey, apparently you can uninstall the associated DRM without penalty. That's nice. I guess.

But that's just it EmergentFocus has the Gold edtion on their laptop and there's no activation needed whilst what's on Steam still does. So that's what we were all expecting it not to need activate but for some silly reason it's fully patched but still blocks you until you do. It's just barmy. 1404 is at 1.3 and Venice is at 2.01 for me so they're fully patched but still needs to be activated. I know we've had it the other way around like BioShock retail still has SecuROM where as Steam doesn't but this, along with Riddick on GOG being DRM free but not Steam is just being silly.

Might try manually installing the Gold 3.1 patch over the top but I got a feeling that the retail and uPlay versions are in different states regards to drm and all the information out there at the moment doesn't apply to what's on Steam.

Thanks for the further information. I'd be very interested to know what happens if you do decide to try it. For the record, this is the procedure for the retail Gold edition:

- Install Gold edition (but do NOT run it yet)
- Install patch 3.1.
- Run game: there is now no activation required; nor is the CD needed in the drive.

There is absolutely NO REASON why tages should even be needed at this stage.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Teddy needs you!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Finding Teddy -- MB-1667C2595ABA7E92 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 3 entrants total.

t1397316795z1.png

didamangi

Reading the reddit thread about the muve.pl deals and apparently Naruto and Enslaved activation are regional locked to PL. You can use vpn to activate them and after that you can install and play as usual without vpn.

hohoXD123

Reading the reddit thread about the muve.pl deals and apparently Naruto and Enslaved activation are regional locked to PL. You can use vpn to activate them and after that you can install and play as usual without vpn.

Only problem is that my bank will rain down international payment fees upon me, if only they offered paypal >_<

MUnited83

For you.
Is Naruto something for someone who has never, ever come in contact with the series before?

Well, I think you will be a little lost in the plot of the story mode, but the game is quite fun even if you are not a fan. I don't like the Anime, but I enjoyed all of Ultimate Ninja Storm games so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom