• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of donny2112, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II -- MB-AF0B61B0A6C0F8C7 - Taken by Cth. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-3F742E0E459345BB - Taken by Stall19. 7 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-29A9204A843CD425 - Taken by Last Baron. 7 entrants total.
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga -- MB-1CC9BC5CB201A3B6 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 7 entrants total.
Star Wars Dark Forces -- MB-C4CA56A0930F0F92 - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars X Wing vs TIE Fighter Balance of Power Campaigns -- MB-B82B73EB452ACE5D - Taken by KainXVIII. 4 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords -- MB-0CFF2BF62EBB9547 - Taken by I am Error. 13 entrants total.
Star Wars Rebellion -- MB-0F2989D380A4C76F - Taken by bobnowhere. 3 entrants total.

t1460239039z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
Wow, the AI in Hitman is really bad. I mean, I can understand you want make a game easier, but even compared to Blood Money on Easy the AI is really dumb. You can run, nobody cares, you can poison a drink in front of other people, who cares. The only "problem" are guards with the same uniform, but they are so slow on acting there's not really danger.
You can only poison without getting caught if you have the appropriate outfit.

And while running might not make you suspicious per se, people will look at you and what you're doing.

Here's hoping there's no drama this time. I picked a three hour raffle for this one instead on a fifteen minute one to give more folks a chance to enter. Anyways, if you don't have this game already, for shame. It's awesomesauce.
Two times. That's dope of you.

Phinor

I have a soft spot for Far Cry 2, but it's very much a "love it or hate it" game... plus my opinion may be influenced by my love for just about anything Ubisoft. ;)

Far Cry 2 was really one of those love it or hate it games. I did enjoy it back in the day but going back to it now is almost impossible for me, it got old really fast. Actually the same is true with every Far Cry, I would never want to play any of them again but I enjoyed them while I was playing.

Here's one gem from me: Crysis 3 is excellent, both SP and MP. Hunter mode in MP might be the best multiplayer shooter game mode of this century. In fact I love all the Crysis games, though 2 and 3 are clearly the best two. Now try and find someone else on this planet who genuinely agrees with me (so Cevat Yerli doesn't count).

Ludens

Banned
You can only poison without getting caught if you have the appropriate outfit.

And while running might not make you suspicious per se, people will look at you and what you're doing.

Yeah but compared to other Hitman this is just dumb. Il older games:
Running= you are screwed
Poison something while someone is watching you, even with the right camouflage= you are screwed, people call for help and guards will shoot you.

Haunted

in what universe would seeing someone run around justify killing him

especially in the often public settings of hitman

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah but compared to other Hitman this is just dumb. Il older games:
Running= you are screwed
Poison something while someone is watching you, even with the right camouflage= you are screwed, people call for help and guards will shoot you.

I can run just fine in Blood Money even on Professional ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And the poison makes sense man, I dunno. That's not a AI issues, that's a design through and through. I don't see why wouldn't you be able to sneakily spike a drink with poison while working as a bartender. Makes perfect sense to me. I mean, otherwise that disguise would be completely useless...

Ludens

Banned

In ALL Hitman games. Not sure about Absolution, but running in other titles pretty much trigger an alarm istantly with guards and interesting npcs.

Ludens

Banned
I can run just fine in Blood Money even on Professional ¯_(ツ)_/¯

And the poison makes sense man, I dunno. That's not a AI issues, that's a design through and through. I don't see why wouldn't you be able to sneakily spike a drink with poison while working as a bartender. Makes perfect sense to me. I mean, otherwise that disguise would be completely useless...
In Blood Money is a bit different, you are right (I forgot,since this was my second Hitman after Absolution, I completed three Hitman after that) since the left stick controls the speed of 47, so you can go away with it depending on how fast and what you are doing and carrying when moving, and camouflages decrease the suspicion of other suited npcs. But Blood Money is a dumbed down Hitman too, the easiest game of the franchise...well, until now.
Regarding the poison, even in BM people can catch you, like the secretary in the tutorial mission
Which is stupid imo, why punish a player by making them move at a snails pace?
Because usually if someone unknown is running in a restricted or surveiled area there's something fishing going on?
I can get away with it at full run speed just fine too. You'll only have issues if you're on a restricted area, and many times you will just be asked to leave the area before they are alerted. You can enter the house in A New Life(which is guarded by the damn FBI) running, meet your target, and the target will ask you to leave). The same sort of thing happens on HITMAN. If you're going to a restricted area, you will be asked to leave, and if you fail to comply they will be alerted.
Also, having AI actually be balanced is not "dumbing down".
Precisely.
It depends also from your equipment, if you run around with a different weapon you shouldn't carry it will make people suspicious. Try to run around with a sniper rifle while suited as FBI agent in that mission, you will trigger an alarm istantly, while by walking you can manage to extract with the weapon being careful. But yeah, BM is already dumbed down, so running is not punishing like in other games.

Haunted

In ALL Hitman games. Not sure about Absolution, but running in other titles pretty much trigger an alarm istantly with guards and interesting npcs.
Some bald dude running around triggering everyone to go full postal seems like a really basic AI routine and... not realistic at all, good to hear they fixed it.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Here's hoping there's no drama this time. I picked a three hour raffle for this one instead on a fifteen minute one to give more folks a chance to enter. Anyways, if you don't have this game already, for shame. It's awesomesauce.
Thank you so much man! I am going to play this right the fuck now

Mivey

Well, clearly they all have Trechóphobia, the fear of running. Since gunfire resolves every problem, they naturally use it to quickly deal with their fear. I don't see a problem, especially if the level is set in the USA.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Which is stupid imo, why punish a player by making them move at a snails pace?

MUnited83

For you.
In Blood Money is a bit different, you are right (I forgot,since this was my second Hitman after Absolution, I completed three Hitman after that) since the left stick controls the speed of 47, so you can go away with it depending on how fast you are moving, and camouflages decrease the suspicion of other suited npcs. But Blood Money is a dumbed down Hitman too, the easiest game of the franchise...well, until now.
I can get away with it at full run speed just fine too. You'll only have issues if you're on a restricted area, and many times you will just be asked to leave the area before they are alerted. You can enter the house in A New Life(which is guarded by the damn FBI) running, meet your target, and the target will ask you to leave). The same sort of thing happens on HITMAN. If you're going to a restricted area, you will be asked to leave, and if you fail to comply they will be alerted.
Also, having AI actually be balanced is not "dumbing down".
Some bald dude running triggering everyone going full postal seems like a really basic AI routine and... not realistic at all, good to hear they fixed it.
Precisely.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadlings -- MB-A1C50D0CC10300A0 - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
16bit Trader -- MB-85783124C5B73730
Dropsy -- MB-43D51804734B91D0 - Taken by someguyinahat. 20 entrants total.
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-4BA6D70B83AF3E75 - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Rayman Origins (uPlay) -- MB-0D70E06C99768062 - Taken by Nyteshade517. 2 entrants total.
Divekick -- MB-62296F59F28BA0B8 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick. 1 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-189D9386552C92C0 - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare -- MB-D04D4498F08B5765 - Taken by Red Hood. 3 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-D19C7156E26E9AF0 - Taken by Ghostbound. 12 entrants total.

t1460249242z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
In Blood Money is a bit different, you are right (I forgot,since this was my second Hitman after Absolution, I completed three Hitman after that) since the left stick controls the speed of 47, so you can go away with it depending on how fast and what you are doing and carrying when moving, and camouflages decrease the suspicion of other suited npcs. But Blood Money is a dumbed down Hitman too, the easiest game of the franchise...well, until now.
Regarding the poison, even in BM people can catch you, like the secretary in the tutorial mission
Because usually if someone unknown is running in a restricted or surveiled area there's something fishing going on?

Well, you're literally wrong in all accounts. Yeah, the secretary can catch you poisoning the drink. Because, you know, you are not using a proper disguise for it. Try go on HITMAN right now and poison a drink using your regular suit. Good luck with that.

"Because usually if someone unknown is running in a restricted or surveiled area there's something fishing going on?"

Someone unknown? Once again, boot up HITMAN, try and run into restricted areas with your suit instead of a disguise (in which case no, you're not supposed to be a unknown person) People will tell you to leave, they will start being alerted if you don't, and if you run while using your regular suit on these areas people will hear you running and investigate.

Soulflarz

Banned
Does JaseC have good taste or bad taste?

*Semi serious question

Love you JaseC, still planning to treat you to pizza when you visit :3

Ludens

Banned
Well, you're literally wrong in all accounts. Yeah, the secretary can catch you poisoning the drink. Because, you know, you are not using a proper disguise for it. Try go on HITMAN right now and poison a drink using your regular suit. Good luck with that.

"Because usually if someone unknown is running in a restricted or surveiled area there's something fishing going on?"

Someone unknown? Once again, boot up HITMAN, try and run into restricted areas with your suit instead of a disguise (in which case no, you're not supposed to be a unknown person) People will tell you to leave, they will start being alerted if you don't, and if you run while using your regular suit on these areas people will hear you running and investigate.
Regarding BM try instead to poison the donuts while suited as FBI agent, if another FBI dude will spot you, it will trigger an alarm. Dunno about the new one, I poisoned the drink in the tutorial as security guard and nothing happened.

Regarding running around, the suspicion meter takes too much to be dangerous, also if you take a cover before being spotted the guard will forget about you. Try running around in example in Hitman 2, you will trigger an alarm istantly. Also every surveiled area should trigger an alarm if someone run around: it was like this in older Hitman games because if a mafia boss is having a meeting in a bar, good luck running around. You are supposed to be able to stay here, but try to do something suspicious and you are done.

I'm not saying the new game is garbage, but there should be a difficulty setting because I find it too easy even compared to BM, which wasn't a bad game, but a fantastic one, only way easier , but with four difficulty levels at least.

Does JaseC have good taste or bad taste?

*Semi serious question

Love you JaseC, still planning to treat you to pizza when you visit :3

He plays collectathon games, so good taste...

But they're Ubisoft, so bad taste...

I don't hold his tastes against him though. He's good people.

Anno

So the wife and I got a dog today. I grew up with like 5 of them at a time, but this is my first since moving to the city in 2007. Missed having a dog so much, and Sasha is so cute and loveable and kind.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Been catching up with some games on Steam recently. Pass few months, I got through about 8 games on that backlog!

I swear, I've finally quit the steam sale this time. I'm up to 67 games beaten out of about 300.... another few years

Volimar

So the wife and I got a dog today. I grew up with like 5 of them at a time, but this is my first since moving to the city in 2007. Missed having a dog so much, and Sasha is so cute and loveable and kind.

Very cute. How old is she?

tmarg

Sasha was the name of the cat I had as a kid. She liked to kill things.

def sim

Aw I love that goofy smile.

Anno

Very cute. How old is she?

Somewhere between four and five is the best guess. She's been on the streets or in foster care the last couple years, don't have the best records.

Ha well I hope that doesn't happen hear. But I'm not worried. Our cat, who's terrified of even the Guinea pig, was asleep next to her like two hours in.

Aw I love that goofy smile.

She's so cute! We wanted an even derpier basset or mix but she won us over almost instantly.

MUnited83

For you.
Regarding BM try instead to poison the donuts while suited as FBI agent, if another FBI dude will spot you, it will trigger an alarm. Dunno about the new one, I poisoned the drink in the tutorial as security guard and nothing happened.

FBI agents don't happen to have professions around tinkering with drinks and food, no.

Also, I think your game might be severely bugged, since:

zC26kCj.gif

Sasha's also the name of a dog I had for most of my childhood and teen years. Unfortunately, we had to put her down last year. :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats with the Rage stuff lately? Rage was neat, the hate it got back then was another one in the "whats going on right now?" I dont understand the internet column, it was completely fine.

whats with the Rage stuff lately? Rage was neat, the hate it got back then was another one in the "whats going on right now?" I dont understand the internet column, it was completely fine.

giphy.gif

I really liked Rage. Part of the hate towards the game may have originated on it working like ass on AMD cards, though they fixed that with a patch later on.

zkylon

zkylewd
the only thing i didn't like about rage is how you're going on just fine and exploring a big military base from the evil corporation and then it just

Khronico

Rage is a great game, yea.

The shooting and movement is super fluid and the erratic AI makes for interesting gunfights. Shame about the ending but eh.

Also the game ran at 60fps on consoles which was kinda amazing considering the scale and detail of the world.

ALSO WINGSTICKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom