• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.php

This is creepy.

same, but no season pass key yet

Mine was included in the key, got the soundtrack too.

I'm in the "waiting for a good price for DS2:SotFS" club, as I only played DS1 earlier this year. Not in a particular hurry, though. By the time I'm through that, prices should also have dropped on DS3.

mp1990

Banned
I am in the "Haven't played any Dark Souls games"-club
Same here, even though I own them all (with exception of DS3, of course, which I won't be getting on release). I plan on going through the series somewhere along the road this year, but don't have the time nor the patience to play them now.

I'm in the 'I'm really, really bad at DS1 and fully intend to get back to it at some point but..." club.
I'm always up for helping people out with finding the ropes in DS1. If you ever play it again, don't hesitate to significantly pester me on Steam/Gaf.
There's a easy, fun and fitting playstyle to be found for almost every type of player!

so you are in not buying ds3 OT club?

I was. I was also trying to be in your "not buying games unless absolutely necessary anymore" club, because I think that's a good idea for me and my current gaming tastes, availability and backlog.

But I caved so hard. It's like I blacked out and now that the pre-load is complete I'm coming back around.

Arthea

But you're in SteamGAF!

no worries, as a real steagafer that I am, I still can't pass on a good deal or price mistake or bundles, at least some of them. I more had in mind buying games day one, seeing as I'm 3 years behind the schedule of playing games I bought day one to play day one.
not sure to laugh or cry here.

Ni-OH
Nier
FFXV
Kingdom Hearts III

What other console releases on the horizon are primed for a PC port right now?

Star Ocean V

I wish

also KH3 is rather unlikely, what makes you think we are getting it?

no worries, as a real steagafer that I am, I still can't pass on a good deal or price mistake or bundles, at least some of them. I more had in mind buying games day one, seeing as I'm 3 years behind the schedule of playing games I bought day one to play day one.
not sure to laugh or cry here.

I understand you, I just recently started playing The Witcher 2...

So who wants to guess the peak concurrent number for Dark Souls 3 just after release? I'm going to guess 100k (although I have no idea if this is super optimistic or what).

Also I bought the latest adventure in Hearthstone which, in retrospect, was a dumb thing to do because there's one day left for DS3 and Hearthstone is an infinite money sink anyway.

They are completely useless. Their opinions are completely based on who is making the game and not the game itself. Its fine to have preferences and to state them as such but that isn't RPG Codex's thing. They will look at the same feature implemented in two separate but similar games the exact same way by two different developers, one developer the feature is revolutionary, another developer, broken and unusable.

None of this invalidates anything written in that article. Every problem it points out is true.

Hektor

Ni-OH
Nier
FFXV
Kingdom Hearts III

World of Final Fantasy
FF7: Remake

So who wants to guess the peak concurrent number for Dark Souls 3 just after release? I'm going to guess 100k (although I have no idea if this is super optimistic or what).

Also I bought the latest adventure in Hearthstone which, in retrospect, was a dumb thing to do because there's one day left for DS3 and Hearthstone is an infinite money sink anyway.

I'd say 250K Mimimum.

It's not an adventure. Just a card expansion.

Ni-OH
Nier
FFXV
Kingdom Hearts III

Hm, didn't even consider the possibility of Nier coming to PC. The first game is one of the main reasons I intend to hold on to my PS3. Love that game, I should replay it sometime, after I'm done with Yakuza 5 and Trails of Cold Steel, which shouldn't happen anytime soon lol.

The PS3 entries of the Yakuza franchise would benefit tremendously from PC ports, just thinking about it is mouthwatering. Both the frame-rate and the IQ are pretty rough, a high res texture pack would also do wonders. These games are seriously awesome though, people unfamiliar with the franchise have no idea what they're missing, I think this could do really well on steam.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got to the last boss in Gungeon and died instantly (only had half a heart), still, progress I guess >_>

Arthea

When is buying a game absolutely necessary?

When I'm about 90% sure that I will ignore those thousands games I have, including those I'm yet to finish or want to play and will play this new one no matter what.
Like Stardew Valley case, for example.

so you're not buying a game ever again?

that's an odd conclusion
If I was not to buy a game ever again, I would just say so, wouldn't I?

MUnited83

For you.
When I'm about 90% sure that I will ignore those thousands games I have, including those I'm yet to finish or want to play and will play this new one no matter what.
Like Stardew Valley case, for example.

that's an odd conclusion
If I was not to buy a game ever again, I would just say so, wouldn't I?

There's no games that are "absolutely necessary". You can live just fine without them :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Fiesta Online: Starter Pack -- MB-B54486C946F33B8E - Taken by Lashley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom