• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to get ATLUS JP to develop for PC?
*crosses fingers*

I would re-buy every PS2-era Atlus rpg on Steam. Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2, both Devil Summoner games, even the Persona games. They could be pump and dump ports with locked framerates and resolutions going for 40-50$, I would buy Nocturne and the Digital Devil Saga no matter what.

Nocturne revitalised my flagging interest in Japanese rpgs. It was so dark, weird, challenging and it turned a lot of the tired tropes of the genre on their head. The world ends within the first few minutes of the game, humanity dies, the protagonist loses their humanity but gains power and a stake in shaping what the next world will be. Maybe the themes of Nocturne are old hat if you managed to play the older SMT's but it was a pretty novel experience back when it first came out, nearly a decade ago.

Lomax

Must have been a glitch, maybe you should contact their support. uPlay bugging you about updates is its most essential feature. Without that, they could just use Steam.

Well it's crashed three times in the five minutes I've tried to play it, and forced me to watch an unskippable intro movie each time. uPlay gonna uPlay.

xist

I keep dying because I'm underlevelled on Skyrim so I thought I'd share the pain. The best I can offer is that it has cards....

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xist, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rage Parking Simulator 2016 -- MB-833EEA34C61C1E6B - Taken by Purkake4

Arthea

I wanna buy Code of Princess but alas, it'll have to wait too.

I'm also tempted to write poem like
I was lying on skyrim and dying
and skyrim was parking under me
while I Raged over Rogue Legacy

sorry

on more serious note Sega makes so little sense to me
like who wouldn't buy Bayonetta and Vanquish (good ports with stable 60 fps) on steam, raise your hand. Anybody? you there, in the back, are you raising your hand?
- No, I'm just scratching my head why those games aren't on PC yet.

Let's say some other games we want are harder localize, have more content and too much text and slight possibility of failing to sell, but these two seems like money just lying there, waiting to be picked, no?

How does that even happen?
Did you have full dentures made or what?

$243 for a dental check-up with X-Rays.
$265 for implant cleaning.
$135 for a fucking interview about my mouth.
So basically the cleaning was $400.

$643, but still. That's more than half of what I made via the bundle.

Oh well, whatever, I still made money. But garsh.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
FINALLY beat Bellower!

The
death
was ruined imo by continuing the fight.

Cheap boss fight, pleased the games over, don't think I'll bother with The Banner Saga 2.

ezodagrom

I dunno, I imagined myself being Sega once, what I would do after such success VC was? Would emphasize on that momentum with announcements and promises and plans and asked what people want next and looked into possibility to make it happen? That kinda thing
What Sega did again?
Release Sonic Lost World a year later, mention it "is the latest in a string of high quality PC ports of past Sega titles that we will be building on in the coming months and years", and half a year later have no news to share.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Delicious Waffles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-54631D43E736D3E0

t1460672321z1.png

:D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so theyre just not gonna fix the dark spark non-discount huh? alrighty then Activison, your loss

also any word on Aurion?

Tizoc

Release Sonic Lost World a year later, mention it "is the latest in a string of high quality PC ports of past Sega titles that we will be building on in the coming months and years", and half a year later have no news to share.

I swear you kids sometimes....
They don't announce their next PC release until a few weeks before it actually releases
Same happened for
Typing of the Dead Overkill in 2013
V. Chronicles in 2014
Sonic LW in 2015

Sometimes you just gotta wait and let things take their course.

Tellaerin

Just finished Dark Void.

In the not-so-distant past, this would have been the definition of a Blockbuster rental. Nothing amazing, but decent enough fun, and something that you can easily finish in a couple of days. The gameplay was solid (if not terribly inspired), and there were some interesting bits of lore in the collectible journal entries that suggested the writers put some time in on the backstory. The actual plot felt rushed and a bit disjointed, though. Makes me wonder how much was left on the cutting room floor.

Now I need to pick the next game to tackle. Might go with Enslaved, or I could keep the Capcom train rolling and play one of the Lost Planet games.

I heard such glowing words for War for Cybertron, but the port is so bad and bigger than that the game play just doesn't grab me. There's no tactics or depth to combat and there are few useful samey guns. I'm a few hours in so if there are Earthly vehicles later that would help a bit but I haven't seen them so far.

They don't announce their next PC release until a few weeks before it actually releases
Same happened for
V. Chronicles in 2014
Sonic LW in 2015

One game a year is not really the way to do it. Compare SEGA's strategy (more like lack thereof) to Capcom's. In the past year or so, they've put out about 4-5 back catalogue titles. All of them have sold well on Steam too.

I think the sweet spot is 2-3 a year, but it's the communication that the biggest issue. SEGA doesn't talk. No one currently knows what's in the pipeline, if anything.

ezodagrom

Same happened for
V. Chronicles in 2014
Sonic LW in 2015

It's just their press release about Lost World made it sound like there would be more news in the "coming months" after Lost World's release.

Also this:
it's the communication that the biggest issue. SEGA doesn't talk. No one currently knows what's in the pipeline, if anything.

Wooot, a version of Everybody's Gone to the Rapture that doesn't run at 20 fps all of the time. Will actually try to finish it this weekend.

Grief.exe

One game a year is not really the way to do it. Compare SEGA's strategy (more like lack thereof) to Capcom's. In the past year or so, they've put out about 4-5 back catalogue titles. All of them have sold well on Steam too.

I think the sweet spot is 2-3 a year, but it's the communication that the biggest issue. SEGA doesn't talk. No one currently knows what's in the pipeline, if anything.

Right but now you're moving the goal posts. First you implied that Sega was finished, now it's one port per year. You have to choose one.

The fact of the matter is these Japanese publishers are becoming more and more risk adverse. Capcom is obviously investing more than Sega, but the problem comes down to internal support. These ports are unequivocally successful, but they are a drop in the bucket for the quarterly report.

Tizoc

Yup I agree 2-3 a year is perfect and I agree with your points. SEGA is very hush hush about its releases lately, I mean are they ever gonna announce if Persona 5 is in production or such?

Red Hood

Banned
D3DOverrider simply forces VSync on and off for games that implement VSync poorly, it doesn't help with input lag. For that you need Rivatuner, which you can download standalone or with MSI Afterburner.

Edit: Added download links.

Thanks! I have Afterburner and I do recall getting Rivatuner with it, but I can't seem to open it. Trying to re-download it doesn't work, it says it's already in use and aborts installation. Likewise when I try to uninstall Rivatuner seperatly (which I'm sure is because of Afterburner?). But it's weird I can't open it (the 60 icon), any ideas how I can fix this?

neonglow

If you win Army of Tentacles, message me for an extra key for the DLC soundtrack.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim -- MB-20D3EB5C84416777 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL 2 -- MB-CE5D06598BC77EED - Taken by TheAutomator. 1 entrants total.

t1460673881z1.png

Right but now you're moving the goal posts. First you implied that Sega was finished, now it's one port per year. You have to choose one.

The fact of the matter is these Japanese publishers are becoming more and more risk adverse. Capcom is obviously investing more than Sega, but the problem comes down to internal support. These ports are unequivocally successful, but they are a drop in the bucket for the quarterly report.

Perhaps I should have wrote more, I think I also misread your comment. I never meant to imply that they weren't ever going to do more PC versions. That would be quite silly.

After SEGA replied to me saying "so many games, so little time, stay tuned"... well, we know how that turned out.

I was referring to the fact that we've gotten basically nothing else that we've asked for. It was the whole "get hype" thing, and then nothing really came out of it. We got Sonic later, which I'm pretty sure was going to release regardless. The only game that really came out of the PC Ports Request initiative was Valkyria. None of the others have happened.

Yup I agree 2-3 a year is perfect and I agree with your points. SEGA is very hush hush about its releases lately, I mean are they ever gonna announce if Persona 5 is in production or such?

Exactly.

ezodagrom

SEGA is very hush hush about its releases lately, I mean are they ever gonna announce if Persona 5 is in production or such?
They announce consoles games and their western PC games (Total War, Football manager and such) well in advance and communicate alot about those, but they're far too quiet about PC ports of consoles games (and lately about European releases of some consoles games too, and there's also PSO2).

shockdude

Thanks! I have Afterburner and I do recall getting Rivatuner with it, but I can't seem to open it. Trying to re-download it doesn't work, it says it's already in use and aborts installation. Likewise when I try to uninstall Rivatuner seperatly (which I'm sure is because of Afterburner?). But it's weird I can't open it (the 60 icon), any ideas how I can fix this?
Make sure Afterburner is up to date (version 4.2.0).
Launch Afterburner. Do icons for Afterburner and RivaTuner appear in the system tray (lower-right corner, near the clock)? You should just be able to click the RivaTuner icon (blue monitor with a purple 60) and it should appear.
Set the Global framerate limit to 60 and enjoy. Alternatively, create a separate profile for each game and add the framerate limit manually - but that takes too long imo and it's easier to blacklist games that misbehave.

The Sega of today is pretty far removed from the Japanese game publisher it was went they first went third party. I mean their biggest upcoming game is Total War: Warhammer. Total War and Company of Heroes are some of their most successful franchises. Creative Assembly and Relic are their best internal dev houses. Even Sonic games get farmed out to western dev studios. They're as firmly planted in PC gaming as they are consoles.

MattyG

Banned
I did the Endless Legend tutorial last night and started a campaign this morning. It's been a while since I played Civ or any other 4x game... and I have no idea what I'm doing. I love the look and lore of the game though, so I'm prepared to put in as much time as I need to to learn it.

Red Hood

Banned
Make sure Afterburner is up to date (version 4.2.0).
Launch Afterburner. Do icons for Afterburner and RivaTuner appear in the system tray (lower-right corner, near the clock)? You should just be able to click the RivaTuner icon (blue monitor with a purple 60) and it should appear.
Set the Global framerate limit to 60 and enjoy. Alternatively, create a separate profile for each game and add the framerate limit manually - but that takes too long imo and it's easier to blacklist games that misbehave.

I seem to be having version 4.1.1, and under Settings > General > Update checking properties, it says there's no new update for me to install. Should I just leave it at that or re-download it manually from their website?

Also, no, the RivaTurner icons don't appear in the system tray. I don't recall them ever being there. By the way, once a while, bi-weekly or something, I get an error that RivaTuner can't "connect to servers" or something along those lines. But I can't open it, re-install it or uninstall it.

Tizoc

They announce consoles games and their western PC games (Total War, Football manager and such) well in advance and communicate alot about those, but they're far too quiet about PC ports of consoles games (and lately about European releases of some consoles games too, and there's also PSO2).

Actually that reminds me; when is their next financial report gonna be released/revealed?

ezodagrom

Actually that reminds me; when is their next financial report gonna be released/revealed?
If I'm not mistaken, at this time of the year they tend to release their financial report around early May or so?
EDIT: Took a quick look at the previous years, the full year presentation seems to usually be around May 12th~14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom